Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

13 hours ago, Zanty said:

Galloway is good but if he gets injured then we are screwed and the fullback is such an important position in our style of play. I think we should take advantage of our +1 AFC player for the ACL and bring in someone from japan or korea in fullback, their seasons just ended so I assume there is lots of free agents as city rarely go out and buy players

If anything I would suggest that we are more likely to look for someone on loan rather than an ongoing contract. We've already got Bos, Hall and Stokes in the squad.

• 2 weeks later...

After last night I’m convinced we aren’t going to repeat last season and come good later unless Leckie gets his groove back or some other spark - so what would we like to see from the Atkinson money or you think we aren’t looking at reinforcements?

Edited by Mr MO

43 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

What for? We won't be playing in the ACL. In this disrupted season what's the point of risking any investment. Maybe some intra movement.

Qualifying for next years ACL and keep winning? Winning one title in a season where the other teams weren’t at full strength doesn’t satisfy me, hungry for consistent succes. Winning a second title in a row is harder than the first one.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

What for? We won't be playing in the ACL. In this disrupted season what's the point of risking any investment. Maybe some intra movement.

we are only 6 games in and assuming we are just gonna become below 3rd, imo we are a better side than western, macarthur and victory, we just need to iron out some issues, imo everything which has gone wrong isnt due to lack of quality but more just being too casual, idk if this is deluded but i reckon we will stick get top 2 come the end of the season.

8 hours ago, Mr MO said:

After last night I’m convinced we aren’t going to repeat last season and come good later unless Leckie gets his groove back or some other spark - so what would we like to see from the Atkinson money or you think we aren’t looking at reinforcements?

we still have that +1 for the ACL in April, I reckon we look at Korea or Japan for a right back as we are currently short in that position, apart from that I cannot think of anywhere else that needs attention right now.

1 hour ago, citymad said:

Read on the FTBL forum that Metcalfe has 'multiple OS offers'. We would struggle in the mid field if he went IMHO. Nothing about which clubs etc but hopefully European. 

I remember reading in July/August time he had interest from Spain but obviously nothing had happened, I also remember PK being asked in a press conference about Metcalfe and his contract and PK responded with something along the lines of "it is in the works" 

51 minutes ago, Zanty said:

I remember reading in July/August time he had interest from Spain but obviously nothing had happened, I also remember PK being asked in a press conference about Metcalfe and his contract and PK responded with something along the lines of "it is in the works" 

So you think Metcalfe will stay, is that what you mean? he is obviously rated by PK and city so maybe a contract extension announcement for him soon. 

7 minutes ago, citymad said:

So you think Metcalfe will stay, is that what you mean? he is obviously rated by PK and city so maybe a contract extension announcement for him soon. 

I can confirm sadly that Metcalfe will be gone in the next month or so.

We're turning the whole team over at this rate 😢

1 hour ago, citymad said:

that is what I am hoping for because I would assume city would want to accept an offer this month so they can get a transfer fee, would not be surprised if we do a 2-3 year deal for him but with the intention to play him for 1-2 years and then sell him on

3 hours ago, Zanty said:

The A-league transfer window officially opened today so hopefully we see some new signings to freshen up the squad fairly soon! 

Nice, time for some unsubstantiated claims of inside knowledge and pontificating on how much each player earns. Not to mention that signing a paticular player from some paticular ethnicity will drive increased support. And who can forget the never ending discussion about what paticular position needs bolstering. 

If we bring in anybody I'd be surprised. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Nice, time for some unsubstantiated claims of inside knowledge and pontificating on how much each player earns. Not to mention that signing a paticular player from some paticular ethnicity will drive increased support. And who can forget the never ending discussion about what paticular position needs bolstering. 

If we bring in anybody I'd be surprised. 

I reckon we bring in a right back tbh, we still have a +1 spot for the ACL and the full back positions need depth with the way we play

• Like 1

Looks like we've signed a replacement for Atkinson, seems to be traditional fullback but is a visa player.

Atkinson gave us a more attacking and creative impulse something we still really need. I cannot see a traditional RB solving this especially with Galloway being the least of our concerns at the moment.

Should have used the cap space for another AM, RW player - Luna type and just gotten a local back up for Galloway for depth? I feel our midlfield is not making the difference in this season.

We have the champions league coming up as well and we need to adhere to the 3+1 rule. We already have Berenguer, Pucci and Nuno and now Jenskinson - so one of these players is not going to play ACL, I'm puzzled so the speak!  

Edited by Mr MO

• jw1739 pinned this topic