Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Actually you might be wrong. 

Himself. 

Some blokes think they still have it and can't accept that they don't, great attitude to have at 18, but doesn't work so well at 36.

Obviously he’s trouble, every club he’s been at the contract is “mutually terminated”.

Edited by Mr MO

5 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Really?? He plays in the one position we're adequately covered for. If he's an injury replacement for Atkinson then fair enough but even then, surely Galloway is still ahead of him?

Bloke's 33 and can't start for the Wanderers who just shipped 5 to Victory ffs. Really???????????????

Edited by Nate

Just now, Nate said:

Really?? He plays in the one position we're adequately covered for. If he's an injury replacement for Atkinson then fair enough but even then, surely Galloway is still ahead of him?

I believe this to be the case.

I would expect he's here as insurance. As the schedule gets busier towards the end of the season, if Galloway/Jamo/Gooch go down or need rotation here's there to fill in.

• Thanks 1

If we're going to poach anyone from WSW, we should be trying to nab one of the 5 strikers they have on the books now, what with McDonald signing. 

Yeboah would be a good and gettable back-up for Maclaren who we know will be disappearing at the tailend of the season.

This could be the most puzzling signing we have had. He is no good and we have his spot covered. 

The only thing I can think of is Arnold said he is taking up to 30 or so to Socceroos with some young guys for expirience, possibly we have word Atkinson is going to be away on national duty

12 minutes ago, neio said:

This could be the most puzzling signing we have had. He is no good and we have his spot covered. 

The only thing I can think of is Arnold said he is taking up to 30 or so to Socceroos with some young guys for expirience, possibly we have word Atkinson is going to be away on national duty

He’s practically free as the insurance covers the injury replacement.

2 hours ago, Nate said:

Bloke's 33 and can't start for the Wanderers who just shipped 5 to Victory ffs. Really???????????????

...and he's a thug.

We haven't had a red card for a while

Edited by belaguttman

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Let's revisit this when he bangs in the winner for us in the Grand Final then scores the winning penalty in the ACL final 

Or bangs one in against the mongs before celebrating in front of the pricks as we clinch the league in the final home and away game of the season with a Derby clean sweep. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

By the same Socceroos call logic, who would replace Good? That would be the biggest blow. 

Griffiths and Reis would be CB, O'Neill in midfield with Gomulka as the midfield back up. 

If one of Griff or Reis goes down we would be in trouble 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

So I’m still hungover but let’s get the discussion going.

My money is on reinforcement in a visa midfielder and additional cover for our centre backs. Add two players.

Leckie has replaced Noone already.

I’d imagine we lose Luna unless we can get his family into the country 

53 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

So I’m still hungover but let’s get the discussion going.

My money is on reinforcement in a visa midfielder and additional cover for our centre backs. Add two players.

Leckie has replaced Noone already.

We definitely need cover in the centre-back area. Griff didn't look 100% last night - I felt he was always holding himself in a little - and he can't have many more seasons in him. And Stokes is too young at the moment.

A lot depends on what the club wants to do re. Berenguer and Luna.

19 minutes ago, HughJass said:

kid needs regular game.  with other youngsters like Tilio, Colakovski, Atkinson and Garrucio probably ahead in the pecking order (as well as Nabbout and Leckie), i think this is a good opportunity for him.  

Edited by mattyh001

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

We definitely need cover in the centre-back area. Griff didn't look 100% last night - I felt he was always holding himself in a little - and he can't have many more seasons in him. And Stokes is too young at the moment.

A lot depends on what the club wants to do re. Berenguer and Luna.

Fully agree. Last night bench was light on defenders and mid-field. Granted that Good and Metcalfe were in quarantine but I still felt that an injury at the back, there was little on the bench to slot in.

55 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Need to get rid of Frenchy and find a replacement. Wouldn't mind another good gk too to keep Glover on his toes.

What's Sutton like? Glover had two of his "moments" last night, and they're coming a little too regularly for my comfort.

I'm expecting to be kept busy updating the squad over the next few weeks...

IMO the departures of Najjar and Najjarine were expected. One problem with having a top-class academy and facilities and just the one fully-professional league of only 12 clubs is that we are going to be a production line for our rival clubs. It's inevitable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Najjar and Najjarine have been released 

Najjar hasn’t cut it. I’m suspecting talent scouts got taken in by his early physical development. 
Najjarine unfortunately is a square peg at City. Will be sought after by others though.

• jw1739 pinned this topic