Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

9 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

fwiw someone thats sits near me at home games is mates with delianov and apparently kalac "hates his guts", so that wouldn't surprise me if he would want to move  

Sounds like a "toxic culture" in the coaching department...

54 minutes ago, neio said:

Isn't kalac the reason we no longer have Bouzanis?, didn't get along with him at wsw and now he is here he was straight out the door even though he was clearly Wazza number 1

Seems that is the case, but that story (seemingly backed up by Dean himself) was that Kalac wanted Bouzanis on a strict diet and to drop a few kg.

Oh no! The coach wants his charges to behave like they’re professionals!

Now my view is Dean was a good keeper but nothing special. He doesn’t want to better himself than yes, please leave.

4 hours ago, moops said:

I always heard Kalac had bust ups with players and was a bad influence at other clubs.

Are you saying that not only he looks like a dickhead but actually also might be one? I don’t rate him at all, he’s been trouble at every club he’s played or coached.

Edited by Mr MO

32 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Seems that is the case, but that story (seemingly backed up by Dean himself) was that Kalac wanted Bouzanis on a strict diet and to drop a few kg.

Oh no! The coach wants his charges to behave like they’re professionals!

Now my view is Dean was a good keeper but nothing special. He doesn’t want to better himself than yes, please leave.

His move to Liverpool (had a massive ego/attitude problem) was his downfall. Could of been anything he wanted to be if he pulled his finger out.

Some players move to big clubs and thinking I`ve made it when in fact the "potential fame" got their heads.

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Are you saying that not only he looks like a dickhead but actually also might be one? I don’t rate him at all, he’s been trouble at every club he’s played or coached.

Pretty much, I personally don't know, but I remember a lot of grumbling and didn't Sydney get rid of him after he had a punch on with someone?

Anyway, I lost respect for him when he co hosted during the world cup, showed his true colours then.

I don't know WTF we can't get decent assistant coaches for the seniors who will stay with the club for an extended period of time and actually do a good job and contribute to building the club. FFS we have the whole of CFG to draw on. Our turnover in assistants is horrible.

Again the finger points at recruitment.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rass said:

Can't stay youth forever - at some point they need to make decision as to what is best for themselves

Thats fine don't blame him for leaving at all more that the club talks about youth yet they don't play or get a decent chance in the first team. Hope he becomes a starting 11 player at western united 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HughJass said:

Thats fine don't blame him for leaving at all more that the club talks about youth yet they don't play or get a decent chance in the first team. Hope he becomes a starting 11 player at western united 

Comes back to that old discussion doesn't it... Do we play youth, experience or a balance? We are forever complaining on here about playing more youth and then when we do, we complain about not playing enough experience.

Maybe he just wasn't good enough at this point to warrant a start. I know he played that one off blinder against Brisbane a while back, but he got that start purely because of the all the players out we had then. I must admit, I didn't see anything too special in those little cameos he played just recently, but admittedly, I haven't seen enough of him to make a real judgment.

I guess though, we just cant hold onto all of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rass said:

Comes back to that old discussion doesn't it... Do we play youth, experience or a balance? We are forever complaining on here about playing more youth and then when we do, we complain about not playing enough experience.

Maybe he just wasn't good enough at this point to warrant a start. I know he played that one off blinder against Brisbane a while back, but he got that start purely because of the all the players out we had then. I must admit, I didn't see anything too special in those little cameos he played just recently, but admittedly, I haven't seen enough of him to make a real judgment.

I guess though, we just cant hold onto all of them.

We can't hold on to most of them. In the NPL we have our "senior" youth team, and our U-20, U-18 and U-15 teams. City Football Schools is looking after the 5-13-y-o age group. The vast majority of the talented young players who will be on our books at some stage or other will never come right through the ranks and become a starting player in the A-League and then graduate to Manchester. There just is not room for them all. If only there was. But it's the same in any field of human endeavour - only the best, and probably the lucky best at that, will ever scale the pinnacle of success.

I have no problem at all with Pierias leaving us. It shows that our Academy is on the right track, and we can identify talent and nurture it. It makes me feel a lot better to support this club and its philosophies rather than one that just cherry-picks from other clubs. Producing players like young Dylan means that ultimately we'll see more clubs and more fans, and more and better football because the game will grow and not stagnate. 

I think that's the first time I have seen a club statement about a youth player leaving us, and that in itself is a measure of respect for the lad. I wish him well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Shame, kid's got potential.

The issue is that the way the league is set up, there is no real ability to get good young players on the books, and properly develop them.

Once the salary cap goes, along with the other counter intuitive rules around signing young players, loaning them etc, we will see changes. 

City are positioning themselves to sign up the best young players from an early age ...

When promotion relegation comes in I can see us loaning our young players to clubs seeking promotion, and even other a-league clubs, then calling them back when they are ready to step into the 1st team, guaranteed.

The current youth set up is rubbish in Australia is rubbish ...

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/ffa-smashed-by-matildas-boss-milicic-over-australia-s-youth-programs

City will soon be making a play for these development opportunities, and we will see more of these types of programs

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/football-school

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

We can't hold on to most of them. In the NPL we have our "senior" youth team, and our U-20, U-18 and U-15 teams. City Football Schools is looking after the 5-13-y-o age group. The vast majority of the talented young players who will be on our books at some stage or other will never come right through the ranks and become a starting player in the A-League and then graduate to Manchester. There just is not room for them all. If only there was. But it's the same in any field of human endeavour - only the best, and probably the lucky best at that, will ever scale the pinnacle of success.

I have no problem at all with Pierias leaving us. It shows that our Academy is on the right track, and we can identify talent and nurture it. It makes me feel a lot better to support this club and its philosophies rather than one that just cherry-picks from other clubs. Producing players like young Dylan means that ultimately we'll see more clubs and more fans, and more and better football because the game will grow and not stagnate. 

I think that's the first time I have seen a club statement about a youth player leaving us, and that in itself is a measure of respect for the lad. I wish him well.

21 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

The issue is that the way the league is set up, there is no real ability to get good young players on the books, and properly develop them.

Once the salary cap goes, along with the other counter intuitive rules around signing young players, loaning them etc, we will see changes. 

City are positioning themselves to sign up the best young players from an early age ...

When promotion relegation comes in I can see us loaning our young players to clubs seeking promotion, and even other a-league clubs, then calling them back when they are ready to step into the 1st team, guaranteed.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/ffa-smashed-by-matildas-boss-milicic-over-australia-s-youth-programs

City will soon be making a play for these development opportunities, and we will see more of these types of programs

I does not matter how the league is setup. There will always be an oversupply of players - otherwise every European 16yo would have a club for life. And as jw said, we can't hold onto all of them.

For me what matters is that there is spare capacity in the youth leagues, and for the club (and presumably CFG) that when teh club chooses to keep a player, then that it was teh right call. Now I accept that not all of them will be but as long as 50%+1 would be a good hit mark.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

You can loan players right now by the way

Numbers and salary caps need to go, plus transfer fees need to be introduced. This way really promising players will be signed to longer contracts, and if a player does want to go before the end of his contract then at least the developing club receives some recompense for what they've put into his development.

A lot of things need to be restructured - these are just two of them.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Numbers and salary caps need to go, plus transfer fees need to be introduced. This way really promising players will be signed to longer contracts, and if a player does want to go before the end of his contract then at least the developing club receives some recompense for what they've put into his development.

A lot of things need to be restructured - these are just two of them.

It's the main reason lower tier clubs in Europe develop youth. If they are under 23, they get a fee even if they are out of contract. There is reward for the input. And if you find a good one, there is a big reward. It's what keeps many smaller clubs viable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

It's the main reason lower tier clubs in Europe develop youth. If they are under 23, they get a fee even if they are out of contract. There is reward for the input. And if you find a good one, there is a big reward. It's what keeps many smaller clubs viable. 

Confess I didn't know about that U-23 bit - that's brilliant though, really protects the developing club. I sometimes think that the collective knowledge on this Forum is greater than that of FFA.

4 hours ago, moops said:

Rumour is Delianov could be scooped up by WU as well, probably the best Aussie GK in his age group atm. 

If we want expansion of the League to 14-16 clubs then we'd better get used to this. Each new club is going to be looking for a backbone of experience complemented by youth. The latter will come relatively cheap for them, and as has been pointed out ad nauseam the numbers and salary caps mean that existing clubs simply cannot hang on to their youth players. It's the same for every club - they are highly likely to lose players to the expansion clubs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

Disappointing 663473B3-7D07-455E-B20D-A72D6AAE00D5.thumb.jpeg.4e6d6e80cd00f83ce67474e921cea287.jpeg

While I'm sad to see him go as I think he's definitely got talent - he's presumably going to be behind Josh Risdon for the right back spot, and while he can definitely play a little bit more advanced up the pitch, so it seems like a supremely odd move to me from his point of view.

17 hours ago, Tommykins said:

While I'm sad to see him go as I think he's definitely got talent - he's presumably going to be behind Josh Risdon for the right back spot, and while he can definitely play a little bit more advanced up the pitch, so it seems like a supremely odd move to me from his point of view.

He can also play LB, he has done so for us before. 

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

If we want expansion of the League to 14-16 clubs then we'd better get used to this. Each new club is going to be looking for a backbone of experience complemented by youth. The latter will come relatively cheap for them, and as has been pointed out ad nauseam the numbers and salary caps mean that existing clubs simply cannot hang on to their youth players. It's the same for every club - they are highly likely to lose players to the expansion clubs.

Good luck to him, if he will not play for us, then trying another team might work out for him. 

We could have loaned him out of course, the big lad would stand out in an Asian league, there's no second division here and he needs to play at a higher level than the NPL, like I say Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand could have been fortuitous and a good life experience. 

56 minutes ago, moops said:

He can also play LB, he has done so for us before. 

Good luck to him, if he will not play for us, then trying another team might work out for him. 

We could have loaned him out of course, the big lad would stand out in an Asian league, there's no second division here and he needs to play at a higher level than the NPL, like I say Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand could have been fortuitous and a good life experience. 

There you go, I've only ever seen him play on the right for our youth and senior team. 

21 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Can definitely play both sides and higher up the park. In the end when RD and Atkinson weren't available Joyce would play delbo. Kid had to get out of this club. Sadly I think its one the club will be sorry for letting go. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

According to the commentators on Fridays game, Bautheac is trialing at City and could see him joining by next season

could be spicy 

No thanks, most overrated visa player in the league. We can find much better 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

According to the commentators on Fridays game, Bautheac is trialing at City and could see him joining by next season

could be spicy 

Actually not what they said at all. 

They said this game could be like a trial run for Bautheac, as he has been linked with City.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, neio said:

No thanks, most overrated visa player in the league. We can find much better 

Isn't he Brisbane's marquee this season? He's got precious little to show for his two seasons in the A-League. Definitely on the down-hill slide in the twilight of his career.

We've got to do better.

• jw1739 pinned this topic