Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 hours ago, Bob Latchford said:

Firstly, it's not true.

Secondly, saying the club is f****d at every given chance whilst simultaneously using a profile picture of the club lifting a trophy is just... silly. If you can't support when we're not doing we;; (4th in the league by your standard), you don't deserve to bask in the glory when we win. 

If you want a vice to aimlessly vent your daily frustrations at, give politics a whirl. Your irrational negativity over a bogus transfer rumour is bordering on a Trump level meltdown. 

This club is fucked

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Same. But look how Retre has developed. 

I'm on record at the time (May/June 2017) saying I thought we made a big mistake letting Retre go. IMO he showed a lot more in his appearances with us than Caceres has done. 

At the start of last season, when Caceres left for the Middle East, Joyce seemed genuinely disappointed, so I'm surprised at the current situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

I'm on record at the time (May/June 2017) saying I thought we made a big mistake letting Retre go. IMO he showed a lot more in his appearances with us than Caceres has done. 

At the start of last season, when Caceres left for the Middle East, Joyce seemed genuinely disappointed, so I'm surprised at the current situation.

Man if we were to go over the inexplicable names that have been released the last 18 months you could field a title winning side and add Bruno Brattan and Caceras.

I'm just over it.

These fuckers have built 4 decent teams in 2 seasons and royally fucked it.

Problem is that the end is nowhere near in sight.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Along with last-minute signing Kearyn Baccus, established names Rostyn Griffiths and Anthony Caceres have been kept out of the side in line with Joyce's training-first mantra.

We've got competition for places and other players have done better than [Caceres]," he said of the Manchester City loanee.

"He's had a chance to show what he can do so far this season and other people, the emergence of Lachie Wales or Riley McGree or Nathaniel Atkinson, they've done better.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/joyce-keen-for-melbourne-city-to-spread-the-goal-scoring-20181214-p50m9o.html

Surprised? 

1 hour ago, HughJass said:

Along with last-minute signing Kearyn Baccus, established names Rostyn Griffiths and Anthony Caceres have been kept out of the side in line with Joyce's training-first mantra.

This sentence from the article does not make sense. Kearyn Baccus has been in the side, not kept out of it.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

What I dont get is that Joyce can have Brattan for a season and a half and then now only realize he doesnt like him. But get in and immediately ostracize Kilkenny and Brandan. The bloke is cooked

I suppose no-one really knows if its true or false or anything re Bratts, but my guess would be, if its even true he has been told he can explore other options at all, is this:

SPECULATION ALERT

He’s currently on a pretty damn good wage (say somewhere between 300-400k), and his output hasn’t really matched it. He’s been brilliant at times, totally anonymous at others and is a major contributor to our ‘slow’ build up. I think its quite plausible that although Joyce likes him, and I think this is likely the case, he also recognises he’s prob not worth the dough he’s on in a capped league, because its dough you don’t have to spend on someone else. The club tell him look we are keen to keep you, but you’ll have to take a pay cut to say 250-300k. Obv no-one likes having a pay cut, so club says you are free to see if you can get a better deal elsewhere, but we will be here with our offer waiting if you can’t get a better offer.

I think that’s quite a reasonable chance of being whats on the cards atm.

Edited by bt50
Alert
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I suppose no-one really knows if its true or false or anything re Bratts, but my guess would be, if its even true he has been told he can explore other options at all, is this:

SPECULATION ALERT

He’s currently on a pretty damn good wage (say somewhere between 300-400k), and his output hasn’t really matched it. He’s been brilliant at times, totally anonymous at others and is a major contributor to our ‘slow’ build up. I think its quite plausible that although Joyce likes him, and I think this is likely the case, he also recognises he’s prob not worth the dough he’s on in a capped league, because its dough you don’t have to spend on someone else. The club tell him look we are keen to keep you, but you’ll have to take a pay cut to say 250-300k. Obv no-one likes having a pay cut, so club says you are free to see if you can get a better deal elsewhere, but we will be here with our offer waiting if you can’t get a better offer.

In a time where the in thing to do when we hear a rumour, is automatically dump on everything related to CFG; is it really necessary for you to give a measured and sensible opinion on what may have happened?

Cmon mate 😁

7 minutes ago, rass said:

In a time where the in thing to do when we hear a rumour, is automatically dump on everything related to CFG; is it really necessary for you to give a measured and sensible opinion on what may have happened?

Cmon mate 😁

Ill see myself out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bt50 said:

SPECULATION ALERT

He is still an excellent Aleague player. Id argue you're not going to get any better on that amount of money, so its not as simple as that.  Plus he issnt the major reason around the slow build up. That for me is down to the tactics and coaching. He wassnt 'slow' under Ange for instance. Besides all of this chopping and changing of the squad is not going to get us anywhere, in fact we will go backwards if Joyce gets people in and then ships them off within a season or two and its clear we have gone backwards since the end of last season. 

This all smells of Joyce cracking the shits again and shipping a player out. Oh and if it eventuates that we swap with the other Baccus...Would have to be one of the dumbest decisions made by any Aleague club

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dylan said:

He is still an excellent Aleague player. Id argue you're not going to get any better on that amount of money, so its not as simple as that.  Plus he issnt the major reason around the slow build up. That for me is down to the tactics and coaching. He wassnt 'slow' under Ange for instance. Besides all of this chopping and changing of the squad is not going to get us anywhere, in fact we will go backwards if Joyce gets people in and then ships them off within a season or two and its clear we have gone backwards since the end of last season. 

This all smells of Joyce cracking the shits again and shipping a player out. Oh and if it eventuates that we swap with the other Baccus...Would have to be one of the dumbest decisions made by any Aleague club

Not saying i disagree at all tbh, just think that its a plausible explanation. But again, id like to point out thats purely speculative, although no more than much of the other dribble that written on here.

Even say we did swap for Bacchus, its most likely its Bacchus plus 100-200k in cap space, which is a different proposition to a straight up trade.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

On a scale of not going to happen to never ever going to happen, what are the chances we could bring Juan Mata down here for a season?

Out of contract at the end of this PL season, turns 31 in April next year, would be a big name that would definitely bring people in and would instantly turn us into a championship-winning side. I wonder if he could be persuaded to spend 12 months down here. It doesn't seem like money motivates him. 

I'd buy everyone I know a membership to help pay for him. 

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

On a scale of not going to happen to never ever going to happen, what are the chances we could bring Juan Mata down here for a season?

Out of contract at the end of this PL season, turns 31 in April next year, would be a big name that would definitely bring people in and would instantly turn us into a championship-winning side. I wonder if he could be persuaded to spend 12 months down here. It doesn't seem like money motivates him. 

I'd buy everyone I know a membership to help pay for him. 

_wont happen______never__________________________________________________________________________________________________________| Our chances

Edited by Dylan

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

SPECULATION ALERT

I think that's a very reasonable possible explanation. When I read or listen to either of Brattan or Joyce I get the impression that they certainly respect each other and very possibly do like each other.

I'll also say that Brattan hasn't looked to me in recent matches that he's an unhappy player.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I think that's a very reasonable possible explanation. When I read or listen to either of Brattan or Joyce I get the impression that they certainly respect each other and very possibly do like each other.

I'll also say that Brattan hasn't looked to me in recent matches that he's an unhappy player.

Follow this up by saying that Brattan looks pretty settled in this interview: https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/video/luke-brattan-looks-ahead-melbourne-derby-28

6 hours ago, Dylan said:

Agreed. I remember him at the roar.  He was one player, along with fitzgerald at CCM that actually scared me.  He seemed like he could make something out of nothing.  We wont get a better midfielder than him honestly. Hes just as good as brillante, lia etc...  Comes down to the coaching at the end of the day.  

11 hours ago, Dylan said:

What I dont get is that Joyce can have Brattan for a season and a half and then now only realize he doesnt like him. But get in and immediately ostracize Kilkenny and Brandan. The bloke is cooked

Yep lets the best midfielder in the league go to opponents “to keep Brattan” then doesn’t want him?

is at least consistent with all the fucking players he’s signed and not played. Too many headers of leather balls in winter I reckon.

Edited by Shahanga

• jw1739 pinned this topic