Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

5 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Could allow favouritism? I'd say that's almost entirely what it's intended for. Now CFG have criticised the FFA we're getting nowt. 

I doubt that we're even asking FFA any more. TBH I'd rather our club stand on its own two feet, even if they are inside Mansour's shoes. With or without Cafe au Lait we've built a very good squad for 2018/19.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, haz said:

Ah I stand corrected.

Don't know how he still qualifies for the fund though. He would be unknown to any football fans. And I could guarantee that around 33% of HAL fans have never heard of him. Imsurprised FFA are even helping the NIX

If he qualifies for the fund, then Ross would have too. (Not that I'm saying I want him)

12BC468B-E8FF-44E2-AB87-5D49298FF9E2.jpeg

De Laet: 

(Didn't know he did his knee and broke his arm.... perfect signing for us!) But seems like a decent player

De Laet returned to his native land for a loan spell at former club Royal Antwerp last season - and has now been linked with a temporary stint at Australian A-League franchise Melbourne City.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/just-waiting-chance-story-ritchie-15147121

Joyce was Royal Antwerp boss when De Laet was there as a youngster, and then reunited with the Manchester United reserves, and the duo are set to work together once again. 

(But are citing the SBS article)

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/13/report-ritchie-de-laet-nearing-melbourne-city-move/

Ritchie De Laet is reportedly set to be offered an Aston Villa exit route by Melbourne City. 

De Laet, who has featured twice for Villa in the Carabao Cup this season, is poised to join Melbourne in a move which would see him reunite with former coach Warren Joyce.

De Laet came through at Royal Antwerp when Joyce was head coach there - and the defender joined Manchester United from Stoke City in 2009 on the recommendation of then United under-21 coach Joyce.

It is said that De Laet, who has a year left to run on his contract, will move to Melbourne on loan.

(Also cite the SBS article)

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/championship-transfer-news-derby-county-1999438

Steve Bruce is set to allow defender Ritchie De Laet to leave on loan. De Laet is poised to join Melbourne City n a move which would see him reunite with former coach Warren Joyce. He has only featured twice in the Carabao Cup for Villa and he has entered the final year of his contract at Villa Park.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/uk-sport-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-terry-1998718

(Villa fans dont wont him to go, say he is a decent and easily champsionship level, I didnt nit-pick these either)

Wilko154: Never given a chance at Villa, despite being the best player in pre-season and the team having a centre back at right back. A failing from Bruce yet again.

Villa89: The injury must have ruined him if that's the level he's dropping down to. 

S-Platt: Looked decent pre season so strange one!

JAMAICAN-VILLAN: Someone suggested maybe to free up wages for Terry. Could think of alot of others players I would rather let go. FFS.

Nigel: On the face of it this is a ridiculous decision! Easily good enough for this level and probably our best option on the right! Love to know the reason.

Vive_La_Villa: Only really seen RDL in friendlies or Carabao cup where it’s difficult to judge. He looked ok. Nothing special Based on that I’m not really that fussed he has gone. The injured has really impacted him if that’s the only team that is/was interested in him. 

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17401-transfer-window-summer-2018/?page=266

If @thisphantomfortress was talking shit, his two words he posted has started this whole rumour. (I sort of wish you are talking shit just for the memes).

Edited by haz

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Was Ritchie this foreign marquee forward rumored to have done his medical at the start of the week? You guys think we are doing recruiting? I still like to see some form back up natural  centre forward to chuck in next to Bruno when we are trailing a game, can be a cheap forward.

Najjar and Najjarine from the yoof squad could be that player ?

Azarni said Najjar is a better footballer than himself 

2018 Transfers

outs & ins for the season

don't think I've missed anyone

Nick Fitzgerald   & Fernando Brandan - Replaced by O'Halloran yet to find out weather that's an improvement but as Brandan didn't play any games last season I think it is !

Marcin Budzinski  - Florin Berenguer big improvement signed early enough to gain some fitness

Bruce Kamau  - Lachlan Wales much of the same player get into good areas lack a little polish

Azarni  - McGree will have a similar output with goals and assists but not as flashy IMO

Jakobsen  - De Laet big improvement if Jakobsen continues to have injury problems late in the season

Stefan Mauk - replaced by Caceres not sure about this one

Bouzanic - Replaced by Griffiths big tick for me

Bouzanis - Birighitti not any worse off in my opinion don't know much about him

Ruon & many both gone but went mainly unused last season - apart from Mannys goal of the season against Newcastle

Great off season in my books Bring on The season !!

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Jovan said:

Man that list is pretty average. They are all free agents for a reason. Their only hope if the league expands before they retire.

The question is whether any of them would make our team or our bench? Or are there any of them genuinely better than the next half dozen in our squad knocking on the door of selection? I don't know, but unless they are, there's no point in signing them. 

9 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

The question is whether any of them would make our team or our bench? Or are there any of them genuinely better than the next half dozen in our squad knocking on the door of selection? I don't know, but unless they are, there's no point in signing them. 

If we’re pkaying Richie at Right back then maybe Curtis is a better CB than Malik and Delbridge 

9 hours ago, haz said:

Seen some rumours floating around online that us and some other clubs are looking at a 22 year old PNG (Australian) striker. Any substance to this?

There are 2 boys at geelong from PNG, Jenkins and Gunemba  but neither would have an aussie in them

Not sure of any other PNG lads playing NPL footy

• jw1739 pinned this topic