Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Just now, jw1739 said:

He's going to shit in his own nest if he's not careful. Clubs don't like to be messed around.

Lucky for him the football world is big enough that you'll always have choices as long as you've got the ability, he definitely seems to be a bit of a pain in the ass though and very flighty to boot.

1 hour ago, johnno cpfc said:

Apparently there's a Italian defender looking for a club Vaccaro or something like that any idea?

Italian World Cup winner looking for new club... on LinkedIn

World Cup winner and former AC Milan defender Cristian Zaccardo is determined to find a club and he is using LinkedIn to do so. Zaccardo was part of the Italy team who lifted the World Cup trophy aloft in 2006 but the 35-year-old is currently without a team. The Italian veteran played for Vicenza last season but he was unable to prevent relegation from Serie B. And Zaccardo has now turned to LinkedIn – a professional networking service that allows job seekers to post their CVs online – as he looks to prolong his career. "I cancelled the contract that tied me to the Vicenza until June 2018 ... I'm currently a free soccer player," Zaccardo wrote in English and Italian on the social media site. "I'm still good physically I could play two more years at high levels ... who will take me to make a deal ... Serious professional soccer player and strong!!!" Zaccardo earned 17 international caps for Italy, three of those coming at the 2006 World Cup. During his career, Zaccardo has also played for Bologna, Palermo, Wolfsburg – where he won the Bundesliga in 2008-09 – Parma and Carpi.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/football/italian-world-cup-winner-looking-for-new-club-on-linkedin/ar-BBEEmYw?ocid=ientp

I'll send him a message.

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

I am still hopeful that the old Nico Martinez rumour is true

Right now with the squad the way it is we need plenty of rumours.

Weren't we promised some "good players in the next few weeks" a couple of weeks ago?

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Right now with the squad the way it is we need plenty of rumours.

Weren't we promised some "good players in the next few weeks" a couple of weeks ago?

tbf, in the last few weeks we've signed Galekovic, Jamieson and La Rocca

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayv36 said:

Marcelo Carrusca is apparently on the verge of signing with an a-league club, it wouldn't surprise me if it was us.

Another player who can't play 90minutes anymore! What happened to our so called scouting network? We seem to pick up well known older A league players if this is true.

Edited by Mr MO

16 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Screenshot_20170721-181606.png

SOCCEROO James Troisi could be set for a shock defection to Melbourne Victory’s arch enemy Melbourne City.

The free agent is back in Melbourne after a post-Confederations Cup holiday in New York — where he posted photos with Tim Cahill — and it’s understood City has tabled a marquee offer.

The Herald Sun revealed City’s interest in March, in the midst of Troisi’s impressive season with Victory, though nothing was formalised as the attacker appeared destined to re-sign.

City has since swooped for Troisi as Victory talks broke down, and have offered him the spot vacated by Nicolas Colazo.

But, in a twist, it is also understood that an offer from Victory — albeit heavily reduced — remains on the table, leaving the door ajar for an unlikely reconciliation with Kevin Muscat.

Victory will not offer Troisi a marquee spot despite having a position free after the departure of Oliver Bozanic — which suggests coach Muscat now has his sights set elsewhere — but is open to the 29-year-old returning under the salary cap.

The marquee offer tabled to Troisi by City would be roughly equivalent to that which netted Argentine Colazo last season — just under $600,000.

Troisi, who has won 32 Socceroos caps, appeared destined to make a move to Israeli club Maccabi Haifa after he underwent a medical there last week and was even photographed holding a Maccabi scarf.

But with that deal having since fallen through a return to the A-League is now looming as most likely, with a mooted move to newly promoted English Premier League club Brighton and Hove Albion also off the table.

James Troisi of Australia controls the ball during the Brasil Global Tour match between the Socceroos and Brazil at the MCG. Picture: Getty Images

They were all smiles ahead of last year’s Christmas cracker derby, but this year, James Troisi and Luke Brattan could be Melbourne City teammates. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
Troisi starred for Victory last season and he was offered a marquee deal to stay, but the two parties were well apart on an agreement regarding salary, with Troisi confirming publicly last month that he was to look elsewhere.

The offer currently on the table from Victory is for a significantly lower fee than what was being offered when the marquee slot was being discussed.

The South Australian has also attracted interest from clubs in Russia and Turkey since he walked away from the Israel deal, with his next move of critical importance ahead of the season leading up to the 2018 World Cup.

Troisi has played at nine clubs in seven different countries in his 10-year career.

City’s only marquee as it stands is striker Bruno Fornaroli, with Cahill moving inside the salary cap this season.

If true, it's the biggest sign of intent we have shown since been taken over

To go get our biggest rivals best playmaker is huge. I love this signing on both a victory butthurt level but also on a football level

A quality number 10 that we are sure is at the level required

Just now, Dylan said:

if he is going to sign for us for only 600k id hate to see what MV were offering

Wonder why they offered him a Marquee Deal originally and when they couldn't come to an agreement offered him  "significantly lower fee" under the cap.

Edited by DFG_82

• jw1739 pinned this topic