Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Have a look at the link to their forum and on Twitter. The difference is there's no praise for him and only jubilation at his departure. Oh and comments saying he should leave his beautiful wife behind.

I still think he'll kill it over here.

Edit. Here's a twitter poll asking if fans want him to leave Boca or not. Currently at 74% for "yes, as soon as possibler" and 24% for "no, he should fight for his spot"

Edited by illeatyourheart

1 hour ago, illeatyourheart said:

Have a look at the link to their forum and on Twitter. The difference is there's no praise for him and only jubilation at his departure. Oh and comments saying he should leave his beautiful wife behind.

I still think he'll kill it over here.

Edit. Here's a twitter poll asking if fans want him to leave Boca or not. Currently at 74% for "yes, as soon as possibler" and 24% for "no, he should fight for his spot"

Half of them are probably just jealous of his missus Solange. She was previously with another footballer, Walter Busse, who plays for Sarmiento but was previously with Independiente. There was some sort of scandal when he was robbed while he had three girls in his apartment. All very interesting!

Whilst I'll reserve my judgement until the man plays a few games, I would assume with him being the final foreign spot that he will take marquee wages which leads me to the articles produced at the time of Cahill signing that we had a big name marquee already signed up hence why the Guest spot was changed to accomodate  the signing of Cahill. My question is what happened to this big name marquee? Or was is made up crap because city weren't willing to have two attackers take up marquee positions but the ffa were too desperate to get Cahill to the a league

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, drewmelbcity said:

Whilst I'll reserve my judgement until the man plays a few games, I would assume with him being the final foreign spot that he will take marquee wages which leads me to the articles produced at the time of Cahill signing that we had a big name marquee already signed up hence why the Guest spot was changed to accomodate  the signing of Cahill. My question is what happened to this big name marquee? Or was is made up crap because city weren't willing to have two attackers take up marquee positions but the ffa were too desperate to get Cahill to the a league

Based on absolutely nothing, my theory is it was Tomas Rosicky and we were going to announce him after the Euros. Then he got injured AGAIN and we pulled out.

Would be a megastar in the A League imo, but being made of paper doesnt help. 

Boca star Colazo could become Melbourne City marquee

3 Sept 2016

Sebastian Hassett

City have already upgraded key striker Bruno Fornaroli to marquee status this season and with Tim Cahill having the league rules re-written to afford him “guest marquee” status, the club has one non-salary cap spot left after the departure of Aaron Mooy to Huddersfield.

In June, Colazo was still being linked with three Serie A clubs - Atalanta, Chievo and Torino - who could all take advantage of the player having an Italian passport.

Cahill reflects on 'amazing' Melbourne City debut

Tim Cahill expressed his delight at contributing to a sell-out crowd on his first club appearance for an Australian side.

However, that talk has gone quiet in recent weeks, and The World Game has been told that Colazo has been tabled a contract in the region of $450,000 per season by City. It’s understood that will be enough to persuade him to move to the A-League.

It has been speculated in Argentina that Colazo could arrive in Australia as early as this week to undergo a medical and arrange final terms.

City are in desperate need of left-sided players, having lost Michael Zullo to Sydney FC and Jack Clisby to the Western Sydney Wanderers. They also sold lively winger Harry Novillo to Manisaspor.

While defender Josh Rose was signed from the Central Coast Mariners, the 34-year old is expected to be no more than a bit-part player this season, leaving the door ajar for Colazo to slot straight into the first team.

Colazo’s agent, Sergio Levington, has claimed his player has several offers on the table from other clubs in Argentina but the collapse of the domestic economy means wages are far more lucrative abroad.

While the fall of the Australian dollar has made it much harder to attract players from abroad, the Argentine peso has gone into comparative freefall, losing more than 50 per cent of its value since December.

Colazo has played his whole career with Boca Juniors - save for a loan spell in 2013 with All Boys - but now finds himself without a guaranteed place in the first team.

Colazo’s agent began looking elsewhere to see what other options could be available to his client after manager Guillermo Barros Schelotto and his assistant, twin brother Gustavo, allowed him to find a new home.

Denmark defender Jakobsen joins Melbourne City

Melbourne City have sought to shore up their defence by signing Michael Jakobsen on a two-year deal.

“Colazo is under contract until December 2017 with Boca but he is a player who is not in the plans of Guillermo and Gustavo and the idea is to seek club and have an exit option,” Levington said in June. “Boca wants to sell the player. It is interesting for the European and Mexican markets and [in Chile] we have contacted Colo Colo, Universidad de Chile and Universidad Católica.”

If City can successfully persuade Colazo to sign, he will become the club’s second Argentinian player, following on from Jonatan Germano, who now plays with Avondale in the Victorian NPL.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/09/03/boca-star-colazo-could-become-melbourne-city-marquee

Colazo has accepted Melbourne City's offer - agent

Sept 5, 2016

The agent of Boca Juniors winger Nicolas Colazo has told Argentine radio that his client has accepted an offer from Melbourne City.

City coach John van 't Schip is looking to sign a third player outside the A-League's salary cap, with Bruno Fornaroli having been upgraded to marquee status, while Tim Cahill has been signed under the upgraded guest player rule.

Goal Australia revealed last week that Colazo is on a list of possible recruits for City.

Speaking to a program called Bocade Seleccion on Sunday, Sergio Levington revealed Colazo is in Italy to secure an Italian passport before adding that the 26-year-old has agreed to join City.

"Nico [Colazo] is on a trip. He is in Italy to get an EU passport," Levington was quoted as saying.

"It is all done so that Colazo can play for Melbourne City in Australia."

Boca have told their former academy graduate that he can find a new home after nine seasons with the Buenos Aires-based giants.

Colazo has been linked with Boca's Primera Division rivals Colon, while there were also reports in June that he had attracted interest from Italian Serie A outfits Atalanta, Chievo and Torino.

The World Game have reported that Colazo has been offered a contract worth approximately $450,000 per year but City declined to comment when contacted by Goal Australia.

Meanwhile, reports in Greece claim Western Sydney Wanderers are about to secure an Argentine attacking midfielder of their own.

Nicolas Martinez is expected to join the Wanderers on loan from Olympiacos, with the 28-year-old having never made an appearance for the Greek Super League giants.

Martinez signed for Olympiacos in July 2015 after impressing for another Super League outfit Panetolikos from January 2014.

Last season, the playmaker was loaned to Anorthosis Famagusta in Cyprus where he made 33 competitive appearances and scored two goals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colazo-accepted-melbourne-citys-offer-235648329.html

Lots of reports coming out this morning that it's a done deal. Still notjing official from either club though.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2016/09/05/27196782/colazo-has-accepted-melbourne-citys-offer-agent?ICID=HP_BN_1

(in Spanish, cbf translating) http://www.tycsports.com/futbol/colazo-jugara-en-el-melbourne-city

(in Spanish, cbf translating) http://www.ole.com.ar/boca-juniors/va-Colazo_0_1644435709.html

5 minutes ago, rass said:

We all know we won't hear anything till it is official from the club.

If true, pretty huge that he has chosen us over Serie A clubs, well IMO anyway.... but then why would he be in Italy getting an EU passport if he is coming to us?

..don't know how all this works :(

he's been conned in to thinking he's signing for Manchester City.  Wouldn't it be easier to work in EU if he had EU Passport? Maybe plays for us this season and then off to Europe Next Season or so he hopes.

1 minute ago, DFG_82 said:

he's been conned in to thinking he's signing for Manchester City.  Wouldn't it be easier to work in EU if he had EU Passport? Maybe plays for us this season and then off to Europe Next Season or so he hopes.

"Conned" I don't think is the right word. It is a big attraction to players to be under the CFG umbrella, whether or not there's any prospect of you playing for Manchester City.

It's harder for a person to enter USA, UK, Aus. is they have a South American passport.

You wont hear from the club until he is able to hold up the shirt  for photo's and the media team to get there video's. pics, etc. sorted.

Edited by Deviant

Just now, jw1739 said:

"Conned" I don't think is the right word. It is a big attraction to players to be under the CFG umbrella, whether or not there's any prospect of you playing for Manchester City.

I know I was only joking, Probably wouldn't have most of our players if it wasn't for the CFG connection, still interesting move for him to come to us for the reported money,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DFG_82 said:

I know I was only joking, Probably wouldn't have most of our players if it wasn't for the CFG connection, still interesting move for him to come to us for the reported money,

One of the Spanish sites i was reading suggested that by earning 450k here it would be 4 times what he was earning at his peak at Boca.

If true which the more we hear sort leads me to thinks so. He will more than likely pop over to Manchester to get a medical. 

Welcome aboard Nico from everything I've read he is at Bruno's level if not a notch more. Hope he blossoms as Bruno did. 

Love this South American developing. 

Becoming more and more optimistic.

Edited by Jovan
Optimism lasts only as long as we put in another shit performance.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

One of the Spanish sites i was reading suggested that by earning 450k here it would be 4 times what he was earning at his peak at Boca.

The Argentine peso has declined in value by a factor of about 4 since 2008 (against the US$) and inflation is running at around 25% per annum. Many of us (I plead guilty) moan and groan about things in Australia, but the reality is that our country and especially dear old Melbourne is one of the best places in the world to live in.

• Like 3

• jw1739 pinned this topic