Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Goal is only a step above the secret agent, lets wait and see

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I heard a rumour his announcement will be made in conjunction with Kleenex coming on board as a sponsor

Had a long, hard, 'chat' with them. They're also releasing a limited edition lotion.

The club will provide scented candles for all people with family memberships - one per membership.

Edited by Deviant
shits and giggles.

42 minutes ago, Deviant said:

Had a long, hard, 'chat' with them. They're also releasing a limited edition lotion.

The club will provide scented candles for all people with family memberships - one per membership.

Hope they include a flannel cloth. Much better for absorbtion imo.

Holy shit.

This guy will be the best player to every play in the A-League.

Amazing signing if true.

FWIW, I know some people have speculated we might play with wing backs, this signing gives a lot of credibility to that theory. 5-3-2/3-5-2 (depending how advanced the 'wing backs' are). Could work, not many guys who are just wingers in the squad, off the top of my head Kuzi and I guess Kamau? Not sure what happens to them if that's the case, maybe backup for up front or in midfield.

But as I said before I would find a change in formation strange at this stage. JVS does like his attacking fullbacks though so no reason to think a marquee fullback isn't something JVS would want. Could also be playing on the left wing for all we know, but I doubt that.

Edited by Tesla

3 hours ago, Tesla said:

Holy shit.

This guy will be the best player to every play in the A-League.

Amazing signing if true.

FWIW, I know some people have speculated we might play with wing backs, this signing gives a lot of credibility to that theory. 5-3-2/3-5-2 (depending how advanced the 'wing backs' are). Could work, not many guys who are just wingers in the squad, off the top of my head Kuzi and I guess Kamau? Not sure what happens to them if that's the case, maybe backup for up front or in midfield.

But as I said before I would find a change in formation strange at this stage. JVS does like his attacking fullbacks though so no reason to think a marquee fullback isn't something JVS would want. Could also be playing on the left wing for all we know, but I doubt that.

We've been led to believe that CFG are very serious indeed.  If they land this one it really will be a statement of intent.  We may still win every match 5-3 but it's going to be a hell of a ride.

8 hours ago, mulhollanddrive said:

I know we were joking about signing an attacking marquee and putting him at LB, but JVS can make dreams come true.

Well his Transfermarkt profile has left back as a side position as well as central midfield.  If we do sign him Id agree with Tesla that we will play with a 3-5-2

I have never been a big advocate of 1 player completely changing a side. The more I think about Colazo the more it is possible. Obviously he's quality and probably the highest level a player we could expect to attract in the A LEAGUE  (Villa excluded). He from the look of things is just below a regular starter from Boca, which in the world of soccer a serious player. He can play any where along the left and even centrally in the middle which is quite rare at the level. 

This 1 player can allow you to play some many different types of formations and with the already decent forward and midfield stocks we can go along way.

Sigh. 2 caveats. 

Hasn't signed yet. 

The man who shall remain unnamed in charge.

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Details pls?

FWIW transfermarkt also has Fernando Brandan as being on loan to us. And for one year.

Perhaps should have said "all but confirmed". There's nothing official but there's a lot of people saying it.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=colazo&src=typd

prestamo = loan

Edited by illeatyourheart

Reading the Boca Juniors forum, he doesn't exactly seem to have been a fan favourite...

http://www.planetabocajuniors.com.ar/foro/threads/27899-VOL-Nicolás-Colazo?highlight=melbourne

ojala le vaya de maravilla, sea un super crack, lo nacionalicen australiano y lo compren.

Hopefully it goes really well for him, is a great player, they naturalise and buy him

Se va a prestamo el hdp se va a robar un tiempo a Australia y dsp vuelve a seguir robando aca

The son of a bitch is going on loan to steal for some time in Australia and later will return to keep robbing us here

A lot of them are calling him "muerto" (lit. dead)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muerto&utm_source=search-action

Will still probably still tear it up here though

22 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Reading the Boca Juniors forum, he doesn't exactly seem to have been a fan favourite...

http://www.planetabocajuniors.com.ar/foro/threads/27899-VOL-Nicolás-Colazo?highlight=melbourne

A lot of them are calling him "muerto" (lit. dead)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muerto&utm_source=search-action

Will still probably still tear it up here though

Yeah I can imagine that if he's being linked with a move to us he's obviously not good enough for Boca Juniors. That doesn't really mean anything though. Fornaroli was useless in Europe for the big clubs he played for, Berisha was too. Being not good enough for the big time doesn't mean he wont tear this league apart

This is what his agent said on the radio a couple hours ago

• "Nico tiene contrato con Boca hasta 2017" - Nico is contacted with Boca until 2017
  • "Hable con la gente de Colón y tenemos un preacuerdo" - I spoke with Colón's people and we have a preagreement
  • "Podría pasar por Australia para ir luego a Manchester" - He could go to Australia to later go to Manchester City
  • "Hace un año Colazo valía 4 o 5 millones y hoy menos" - A year ago Colazo was worth 4 or 5 million and today less
  • "Tendría que estar en la Roma hace un año pero no tenía el pasaporte" - He should have been in Rome a year ago but he didn't have a passport
  • "Colazo se va a ir de Boca" - Colazo is going to leave Boca
  • "Con Boca está todo hablado ya para un prestamos" - With Boca everything is already sorted for a loan
  • "Guillermo y Gustavo fueron de frente, le dijeron que se busquen club" 
  • "Para mí lo que llegó no es mejor que Nico" - for me, the guy coming in isn't better than Nico
  • "Pienso que se manejan muy mal las contrataciones en Boca" - I think they handle contracts badly at Boca
  • "También hay cosas que se hacen bien, como en todos lados" 
  • "Si mañana están los papeles, se va al Melbourne City" - If the paperwork is done tomorrow, he'll go to Melbourne City

Edited by illeatyourheart

58 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Perhaps should have said "all but confirmed". There's nothing official but there's a lot of people saying it.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=colazo&src=typd

prestamo = loan

Stop recruiting midfielders and attackers ffs!! City needs defenders!! We need good young full backs ( not rose and muscat) and another solid central defender.

40 minutes ago, DAM10 said:

Stop recruiting midfielders and attackers ffs!! City needs defenders!! We need good young full backs ( not rose and muscat) and another solid central defender.

This bloke is a fullback "wingback". 

We are dealing with total football. As long as he is standing between the halfway line and our goalkeeper at kick off everything will be fine.

Edited by Jovan

• jw1739 pinned this topic