Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Interesting if true...

Adelaide-born James Troisi has revealed he has never rejected Adelaide United

Val Migliaccio

August 3, 2016

ADELAIDE-BORN James Troisi has revealed he has never rejected Adelaide United.

Troisi, 28, said offers from Adelaide to lure him home were not on the table when he decided to rejoin Melbourne Victory this week, two years after leaving Kevin Muscat’s side for Belgian football, on loan from Juventus of Italy.

Melbourne City and Western Sydney offered Troisi marquee status this season before Muscat and Victory won him over.

“My agent Vinnie Grella was talking to (Adelaide chairman) Greg Griffin about the possibility of me coming home to Adelaide about five or six weeks ago,’’ said the Socceroo in Adelaide on Wednesday.

“Contact was made when Stefan Mauk (former Reds attacking midfielder), who also has Vinnie as an agent, was about to sign a deal with (Dutch club) NEC.

“Then a couple of weeks ago a call was made from Adelaide’s football director but no offer had been made - it was an inquiry - and by then Kevin Muscat was very interested in having me back and I’m really happy to be back there.”

Troisi signed a one-year deal for Victory and sits inside the club’s salary cap.

He will report for duty on Monday.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/adelaide/adelaideborn-james-troisi-has-revealed-he-has-never-rejected-adelaide-united/news-story/e319d7344f9f5167347b6328967be442

Just now, Thrillhouse said:

bs we offered him a marquee deal, tuna has 1, 2nd is supposed to be an amazing player and he wouldn't qualify for the cahill rule

Agree that it's BS. The only possibly logical thing I can think of is that we said to him that we'd make him marque if Tuna decided to leave. A back up marque.

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Agree that it's BS. The only possibly logical thing I can think of is that we said to him that we'd make him marque if Tuna decided to leave. A back up marque.

Not marquee quality, his manager is talking shit. Unless he is using victory as a stepping stone again to get back overseas.

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

He's pretty old. I can hear the howls of despair already...

31 years old is not too bad, considering the previous signings we've made (ie Hughes).

Even Felipe Santana would be an amazing signing for CB, considering he only left his Russian club last month.

Edited by haz

Another rumour Melling is on the way out. Same source. http://www.sportingnews.com/football/list/secret-agent-the-truth-about-ronaldinhos-wollongong-dream-ffa-cup-brazil/1b28azh1auvry1aj6d0u5orke4/slide/3

Melling a Wanderer

In another exclusive I can reveal that Melbourne City midfielder Jacob Melling has verbally agreed to sign a deal that will see him play for Western Sydney Wanderers.

As recently as two weeks ago (in another Secret Agent exclusive) I reported that City head coach John Van't Schip had told Melling he is not part of his plans.

The player's management have been in conversation with the Wanderers and head coach Tony Popovic about the talented midfielder possibly joining the Western Sydney Club.  The deal will be completed subject to City covering 20 per cent of the players current contract.

This is an interesting one. It was announced only in January 2016 that Melling was one of four younger players (the others being Retre, Clisby and Chapman) who had signed new deals. In Melling's case until the 31/5/2018.
So the club has had a fairly quick change of heart.
I get the feeling that while we are still prepared to sign younger players we would prefer to pick up players in their mid- to late-20s if we can.

On 8/5/2016 at 10:00 PM, Deeming said:

Why would you resign someone, then let them go and offer to pay 20% of their fees?!

IMO this may reflect, at least in part, the departure of John Didulica and the rise in influence of Michael Petrillo.

16 minutes ago, Jozzy said:

I can't understand why we'd have a player "tied up, some time ago" but then wait ages to bring them into the club.

The most likely reason is they are currently under contract. It could also be for family reasons, they had a prior commitment that had to be fulfilled before arriving, visa issues...

There's heaps of reasons why whoever it is hasnt been unveiled, not much point getting annoyed by it until you know who it is and why.

We've seen that CFG don't like to announce anything until the t's have been crossed, the lower case j's dotted and the player is actually in the city. It will announce itself in good time.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic