Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

These the 5 possible ins mentioned in the article -

Koren Marquee Replacement, Williams Replacement, Gamiero Injury Replacement, Chapman Injury Replacement, Guest Player.

If targetted in the right areas, we are going to have an amazing team rest of season. 

It looks like CFG is targetting AFC Qualification and Trophies now.

Sorensen

Franjic CB Kisnorbo Zullo

Paartalu Melling

Mooy

RW Fornaroli Novillo

Love to get an Australian CB back from overseas without knowing who's available.

Edited by mulhollanddrive

3 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Very disappointing day so far on the transfer front, considering the murmurs we were hearing yesterday. 

I'd prefer cfg to take their time and make sure they getting player movements correct than rush into it buying anybody and everybody just to keep supporters want of new people happy 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, neio said:

I'd prefer cfg to take their time and make sure they getting player movements correct than rush into it buying anybody and everybody just to keep supporters want of new people happy 

If we were looking at a guest player I would have thought he would have been lined up in advance of the window.
A new marquee depends on persuading Koren to accept a release.
Injury replacements need to be Australian so that depends also on releases.
The rest depend on people such as Williams accepting an offer elsewhere.

So most possible moves are not under the unilateral control of CFG.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If we were looking at a guest player I would have thought he would have been lined up in advance of the window.
A new marquee depends on persuading Koren to accept a release.
Injury replacements need to be Australian so that depends also on releases.
The rest depend on people such as Williams accepting an offer elsewhere.

So most possible moves are not under the unilateral control of CFG.

I think the guest player will be held off for 2 more weeks. Only allowed 14 matches, and if we brought him in say this week he would leave in semi final week. If he comes before the wsw game on 29th than 14 gets him through to hopefully a grand final 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neio said:

I think the guest player will be held off for 2 more weeks. Only allowed 14 matches, and if we brought him in say this week he would leave in semi final week. If he comes before the wsw game on 29th than 14 gets him through to hopefully a grand fi

29th Jan would be first game 

So with all this speculation we are looking at getting 2 maybe 3 starting 11 players. It seems they have somehow found a way to replace Koren and we really need a replacement for Gameiro and possibly a guest player. So if we replace Koren with another attacking mid and we can find an attacking RW for Gamiero really all what's needed is quality cb/holding mid. 

Vidic on a guest spell would really put a cat amongst the pigeons. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

So with all this speculation we are looking at getting 2 maybe 3 starting 11 players. It seems they have somehow found a way to replace Koren and we really need a replacement for Gameiro and possibly a guest player. So if we replace Koren with another attacking mid and we can find an attacking RW for Gamiero really all what's needed is quality cb/holding mid. 

Vidic on a guest spell would really put a cat amongst the pigeons. 

I'd have a Chapman replacement as more important than a Gameiro one personally.

Edited by JC22

1 minute ago, morphine said:

Why does everyone keep saying we need a defensive mid? 

I've been holidaying in the States for a while so I've probably missed something? But up to the last derby Paartalu was one of the very few who would always put in every game and play his guts out? 

Out of likes.

Paartalu is the best off the ball player in the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neio said:

I think the guest player will be held off for 2 more weeks. Only allowed 14 matches, and if we brought him in say this week he would leave in semi final week. If he comes before the wsw game on 29th than 14 gets him through to hopefully a grand final 

No longer required to play all the matches consecutively. Not only that, the bloke has got to be approved by FFA, signed (presumably subject to medical unless already a CFG player), travel here (assuming coming from overseas), and receive some sort of introduction to the squad before actually taking the field...I'd say each passing day makes a guest player less likely. Unless the guest stint is an approval period for marquee next season.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

No longer required to play all the matches consecutively. Not only that, the bloke has got to be approved by FFA, signed (presumably subject to medical unless already a CFG player), travel here (assuming coming from overseas), and receive some sort of introduction to the squad before actually taking the field...I'd say each passing day makes a guest player less likely. Unless the guest stint is an approval period for marquee next season.

All roads point to Kaka ...... 

I think Koren's spot in the team (presuming he goes) should be replaced by Caceres or Brattan but under the new loan rules we'd have to pay all of their wages which I don't know how we'd fit them into the cap but surely Manchester City wouldn't sign these type of players for their own first team they'd have to have something up their sleeves to bring at least one of them here. In my opinion Brattan was signed as insurance for Mooy in-case he requested a transfer and then Brattan comes In. I think Caceres was signed to take Korens place in the squad/starting XI. If either Caceres or Brattan came in I don't think we'd sign a CM/CAM as a marquee.

Positionally we need to sign another CB, Chapman is still out for at least another 8 weeks, A 36 year old Hughes who's struggled to stay fit and Kisnorbo who's turning 35 are our only natural center halves in the squad oh and Clisby can play there.... Wilkinson would be the best Australian available, he's now a free agent and a very good player. I just can't see how he'd be able to fit him in the cap and he's not of a good enough standard or reputation to be a marquee/guest spot. Nemanja Vidic is a name that's just poped up from no where after being released from Inter and I think he'd be the perfect 'guest player' signing. He fills a need and whilst he's had question marks over his body we'd only be after 14 games from him over roughly five months. Has done it all, former Manchester United captain, has won the Premier League five times, the Champions League, was Premier League player of the season twice, multiple appearances in team of the season and represented Serbia in a World Cup. We'd get a very good experienced player who has a very good reputation and is a popular figure but most importantly fills a need and would improve our team.

The marquee spot is what really interests me because I really don't know who we're going to chase if Koren goes surely we'd have a replacement lined up and ready to go. But who do we go for reputation e.g Ronaldiniho or do we go for someone like a Troisi who doesn't have that international reputation but is a safe bet and proven in the A League, yes the A League isn't the best league in football but many international players have struggled in our league. In saying that I don't think it'll be either Ronaldiniho or Troisi just wanted to give examples, I genuinelly don't know who we'd sign and it's unusual we haven't been linked with anyone other than Troisi (who's link has quietened down).

• jw1739 pinned this topic