Melbourne Football

Round 11: Melbourne Derby, Sat 20th Dec 7:30pm

Murfy1

Great performance in the crowd as well last night , I was one of the most critical of the new Sky Blue fans after last derby but last night few Man City jerseys to be seen and , correct me if I'm wrong, no man city banners and flags etc. a real watershed moment last night , club's fans happy supporting melbourne's team . Great to see the red white and blue flags as well, a great compromise and will do a lot to bring support group together behind the club.

• Like 1

Being literally at the top of the terrace behind the right hand active bay, I can tell you EVERYBODY, every man and his dog stood up for that goal, and although after the initial applause and cheer some did sit down, the majority continued to stand and clap and maybe even sing! 

BREAKING This Just In: General Admission Ticket Holders Have Voice!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

• Like 1

Being literally at the top of the terrace behind the right hand active bay, I can tell you EVERYBODY, every man and his dog stood up for that goal, and although after the initial applause and cheer some did sit down, the majority continued to stand and clap and maybe even sing! 

BREAKING This Just In: General Admission Ticket Holders Have Voice!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

What was an interesting observation was how many in the area on the eastern wing nearer the away end that "stood up for vctry" seemed to stand up and cheer the winning goal. how quickly they turn  :hmm:

That feeling of scoring in the last minute to beat these absoloute cocksuckers, and me along with all City fans, going fucking mental in celebrations and then fucking ripping into those cunts reminded me of the time i copped my first blowjob, oh so satisfying.

So much passion shown in the stands and on the field, which then coincided with the quality of football we played on the park. Finally played out the whole game and what i can be sure of is that at the end of the day, this was deserved win for us.

Brilliant win and tops all Derby's we have played. Cop that you fucking scumbags.

What are people's thoughts on the offside ? No doubt in an offside position but wasn't interfering with play (blocking Tando's view) and didn't contribute to the goal overall so was it an offside offence ?, on another day that goal would have been given in my mind

Winkler was passive offside at first but instead of staying out of the play and removing all doubt he ran toward Velaphi and was clearly involved in the play from an offside position. Correct call.

• Like 1

I guess the other aspect of the game that might have gone a little bit unnoticed, was that after starting strong, the opponent again gained the ascendancy at about the 20-25 minute mark. But not only did City not concede during that period, the players even wrestled the control back and were right on top again heading into half time. Really good signs there.

I'm going to kill my friend whose 21st was the reason why I missed this  :(

It's the least he deserves! 

an elbow to throat would be apt 

It's been considered, trust me

Absolutely chuffed for all you lads who made it there and got to experience such a great win though, you guys deserve it.

What are people's thoughts on the offside ? No doubt in an offside position but wasn't interfering with play (blocking Tando's view) and didn't contribute to the goal overall so was it an offside offence ?, on another day that goal would have been given in my mind

Definitely two if not three MV players were offside as the ball was played forward. And it's pretty hard to argue that you're not "interfering with play" when you're that close to the 6-yard box.

Correct decision by the officials.

But I agree, on another day that decision might have gone against us - in fact, history suggests we've been on the wrong end of those sorts of decisions in the past.

So many tears from the other side of town. Crying over referee decisions costing them points. Seem to forget if the ref had sent Milligan off in the 23rd minute last week, their 3-3 draw would most likely have been a loss and Milligan would still miss 3 games.

lol, the fukwits.... seem to have forgotten how clearly offside Thompson was for their first goal in Derby 1 this year...  and the prick then had the nerve to go and celebrate in front of us.

They've intimidated refs and opposition players for how long - so sweet to see them take it for a change last night. They didn't know what to do, especially with that fukn cheap sneak Milligan nowhere around to snipe anyone.

So many tears from the other side of town. Crying over referee decisions costing them points. Seem to forget if the ref had sent Milligan off in the 23rd minute last week, their 3-3 draw would most likely have been a loss and Milligan would still miss 3 games.

Don't forget the week before when layer should have got a second yellow, but inexplicably didn't.

Getting by on poor ref decisions and opposition own goals is only going to get you so far.