Melbourne Football

Your personal goals

Shahanga

Rather than make my seemingly 500th post whinging about how everything at this club is going pear shaped, I'd thought I'd start a thread that might be a bit more uplifting and distracting from the football field woes.

So why not a thread about stuff people on here are working towards.

I am setting myself to run a sub 3:40 marathon in October 2015.  Critical to this plan is losing 10kg.  I do that, I train well, I have some luck and some courage, I just might do it.

• Like 3

Rather than make my seemingly 500th post whinging about how everything at this club is going pear shaped, I'd thought I'd start a thread that might be a bit more uplifting and distracting from the football field woes.

So why not a thread about stuff people on here are working towards.

I am setting myself to run a sub 3:40 marathon in October 2015.  Critical to this plan is losing 10kg.  I do that, I train well, I have some luck and some courage, I just might do it.

You've set yourself a decent goal there, good luck!

Well I'm already sexy and shredded as fuk cuz so this is a hard one

Probably make a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli 

(no seriously a milli before 28).

Edited by strider
  • Like 2

FWIW I already achieved my goal for the year which was to lose weight for my wedding which is in April next year.
I have lost 25 Kilos all up (27%) and went from 92 Kilos (At my Largest it should be said) to my current weight of just under 67 Kilos. :up:

Let the cleansing of Yarraside begin

Lets start with banishing the fat piece of lard ..... aka Cadet aka the one with the mighty neck beard 

Interesting enough that when I went to discuss the above post with Petery at The Gimp at the first game this year he rushed off quickly and said "He had no idea what I was talking about" so either he is purely an Internet Warrior or somebody else he knows used his forum account as a Multi to make the above post. :droy:

Either way I find the whole situation rather humourous now TBH... and for the record I never had a Neck Beard but we did end YSIDE. :up:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Try and get through a heart game this season sober.

Considering you the head of the JVS Defence League such a comment really does not make much sense...

Yes because JVS's coaching is responsible for David Williams missing sitters from 1m out or Weilarts backpass right to the opposition.

The players are more of a problem then the coach IMO, but i'll talk more about it in the sack JVS thread once i've caught up with it.

Firstly mate, wishing you good luck with this! Great goal. A lot of people genuinely underestimate how hard both physically and especially mentally completing a marathon is. 

Can I ask how many you've done so far? What were your previous times? How old are? 3:40 is a pretty decent time and would be a great achievement to meet.

Good luck!

FWIW I already achieved my goal for the year which was to lose weight for my wedding which is in April next year.

I have lost 25 Kilos all up (27%) and went from 92 Kilos (At my Largest it should be said) to my current weight of just under 67 Kilos. :up:

Let the cleansing of Yarraside begin

Lets start with banishing the fat piece of lard ..... aka Cadet aka the one with the mighty neck beard 

Interesting enough that when I went to discuss the above post with Petery at The Gimp at the first game this year he rushed off quickly and said "He had no idea what I was talking about" so either he is purely an Internet Warrior or somebody else he knows used his forum account as a Multi to make the above post. :droy:

Either way I find the whole situation rather humourous now TBH... and for the record I never had a Neck Beard but we did end YSIDE. :up:

Lmfao dat quote, lost my shit.

We all have a little internet warrior in us

Firstly mate, wishing you good luck with this! Great goal. A lot of people genuinely underestimate how hard both physically and especially mentally completing a marathon is. 

Can I ask how many you've done so far? What were your previous times? How old are? 3:40 is a pretty decent time and would be a great achievement to meet.

Good luck!

I've run 5 marathons in 4 years, after taking up running after finding out just how unfit i had become at a coaching clinic!  First idea was to get fit to play soccer again but in the end I didn't do that, just made running my hobby, as this was more family friendly.  Yes, completing that first one was amazing- I never thought I'd "be a marathoner" but there it was.

My PB is 3:51.  I suspect i weighed about 77kg then (2012).  I really don't think i can train significantly harder than I did for that, but if I can get down to 71kg that should make a big difference (let my weight go a bit last year and I really noticed the negative impact of just a few kg).

Marathon's different for everyone.  From my perspective its not the race that's the mental and physical obstacle (though it can be tough or worse) its the things like getting up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning to head out in the dark cold +/- rain for a 3 hour run, because you know you have to, even though you are buggered after a hard week at work.  You do all that and the last 8 ks are not the extreme mental challenge you might think.  

My toughest was in the heat at Wangaratta when I'd overtrained (long story) and buggered my preparation.  I was gone at about 25k but as 2 of my kids were at the finish I couldn't quit, as I figured it would be an appalling example (quitting because a marathon in February was tough?, surely I'd considered that before i signed up??)

I'm 47.  

PS I take it you've run a mara or 2 yourself?

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 2

It appears i have achieved everyone's goals here already* . 

• Run a few marathons in the last 5 years , although failed to acheive the times  (My goal was 3:30) , managed 1:33 half times , but body failed me at full and couldnt break 4:00. Even trained up to 32k in 2:40...   Im retired now - they hurt to much :) 
  • Payed of a mortage (got a new one now) 
  • Financially happy 
  • Penis is large enough 
  • Got through a few games sober 
  • Dropped a heap of weight 92 > 78 > 92    (Ok so this goal was no good) 
  • Got a root before 40 

All's that is left is to become a MMA fighter , Help someone kick a meth habit and become a sick cunt/ultra

Maybe ill just skinny up again.

• Like 3