Melbourne Football

City v WU @ AAMI, Saturday 16th January, 7.10pm

Harrison

12 hours ago, n i k o said:

What was Rudans problem? Having words with Kisnorbo apparently saying he thought he was a good bloke or some shit like that. Fuck he loves a whinge doesn't he. 

Anyone hear more about this?

Rudan argues with everyone. Probably with himself before he goes to sleep at night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Man, it was a tense game to watch.  We looked quite vulnerable down the left side for the 1st 60 minutes,  and turned the ball over quite a few times unnecessarily rushing for attacks that probably weren't there. 

Diamanti is really quite an amazing player.  He is such a massive outlet for them and he was able to have a big influence on the game. 

JMac is just off the boil at the moment with his finishing.  In reality,  if his eye was in, he could have had a hat trick.

With Rostyn going off,  Good did an immense job marshaling and controlling the defence. 

It really was only after our subs that we looked dominant,  and from that came our world class team goal with Luna's sublime pass setting it up.  TBH, it was a relief to win. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

Pro's

• Noone's goal was an absolute peach (off his right foot too) and total class
  • Quality through balls along the ground (like Luna's) require quality runs (like Colakovski's).  Our link up play was fantastic.
  • And on that, Jmac's was a great team goal.  As much banging goals (like Noone's) look great for the ordinary fan and help build headlines, it's goals like the second one that provide the success (or lack thereof) of any team.  As we have seen from Noone's inconsistency, you just can't rely on worldies every time to win you games
  • Good was class as normal, and Stokes did a great job on debut.
  • each of the younger players really stood up
  • personally, i think we can thank Delbridge for changing his game up.  The fact of the matter was his normal lunges and last-ditch-go-to-ground play were so non existent last night it meant we could finally keep 11 players on field (both this season AND against WU).  The guy doesn't get enough credit 😉

Yes, no red cards!

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Attendance 7,068. That is very close to being the maximum allowed under COVID-19 rules (25% capacity).

I've replayed that goal about 20 times already!

I thought it's 50% capacity?

Anyway, it was so good to see so many familiar faces again and see live football!

Edited by Tony999

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

At the moment it looks like the next match is at home to Central Coast on Wednesday 3rd February, and then following that at home to Western Sydney on Monday 8th February, both K.O. 7.00 p.m. (Club website).

There'll be a big backlog at this rate, and a very congested fixture later on. The country seems to be becoming more unified and focussed on quarantine now, and with vaccinations likely to start in February perhaps there are brighter times ahead.

Given the complete shit show that NSW are achieving in failing to control the virus, I think both of those have to be doubtful. Time to move the NSW teams interstate. What's good enough for us is good enough for them if it gets the season moving. 

43 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Given the complete shit show that NSW are achieving in failing to control the virus, I think both of those have to be doubtful. Time to move the NSW teams interstate. What's good enough for us is good enough for them if it gets the season moving. 

If the NSW teams arnt moved and we can't get there or they come here, our fixture is going to be fucked. 

Our next few games are supposed to be CCM, WSW, Western United, Newcastle, Wellington, Victory, Macarthur, CCM, WSW. That takes us until Marcy 26, that's only 2 games we can say will go ahead in the current timeslot and date in current conditions 

On a less positive note, I thought we looked pretty poor defending those short/variation corners. 
I thought “the rule” was you sent out the same number of players as the opposition has. We were only sending 1 for the  short corner and basically that led to their goal.

Hopefully we'll be more organised next time out.

How good was it to be back!

For large parts of the game I thought WU was the better team but they failed to create any clear cut chances. This is not surprising looking at the VISA experience they’ve brought in. What, player this Diamanti eh, ball control and passing range is on another level - this was their biggest weapon.

How refreshing were our substitutions! So glad they got given a decent chunck of game time rather then 3 minutes at the end. Courageous to take Noone off, he was out of gas - so good stuff. Our Japanese Messi show some good skills but faded out a little.

What did we think of Benny, Jamieson back in next week? If that happens back to the right?

Edited by Mr MO

15 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

For large parts of the game I thought WU was the better team but they failed to create any clear cut chances. This is not surprising looking at the VISA experience they’ve brought in. What, player this Diamanti eh, ball control and passing range is on another level - this was their biggest weapon.

How refreshing were our substitutions! So glad they got given a decent chunck of game time rather then 3 minutes at the end. Courageous to take Noone off, he was out of gas - so good stuff. Our Japanese Messi show some good skills but faded out a little.

What did we think of Benny, Jamieson back in next week? If that happens back to the right?

I liked Galloway on the right I’d give him another crack 

Does garrucio play CB ? 

Edited by Missing_Moy

23 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Atkinson 1st choice RB when fit imo, then its just a question of Gooch or Jamo at LB. Galloway clear 4th choice, albeit a pretty solid 4th choice, after that performance imo.

• Like 1

Good win against a tough opponent. Once again Rudan held off on the subs and it was a mistake. Credit to Kisnorbo for being bold and making the subs when the match was in the balance. 

Luna was terrific, best on for me. The pass was exquisite and he was lively. Good very was solid again. The midfield still looks a bit wobbly. Not sure there’s a definite best three in there yet, though Luna is first picked.