Melbourne Football

Round 9 City v Roar 5pm Sunday

Baka1

Can someone tell me if Wade Dekker from the NYL is good enough to step up form the youth team? He scored two yesterday and seems to play centre half looking at the team sheet.

I tihnk from the midfield forward we can match any team in the A League, but our defence is woeful and it needs to be changed. However, that means playing players who are comfortable in their positions. After watching young Archibald, I have serious doubts about his pace to play in the A League.

So if Dekker and Chapman are available maybe they should play

The team I would select for the Brisbane game is :

Redmayne

Hoffman Dekker Chapman King

Mooy (Captain)  Melling

Dugandzic Paartalu Williams Duff

Subs: Velaphi Archibald Mauk Brown Marino

Call me mad but I would try and play 4-4-2 with Paartalu up front. What do we have to lose?

Wade Dekker is a winger/striker mate  ;)

Watching him against Pascoe Vale he was pretty lively, dribbling at players and making good runs, though he missed a fairly easy chance if I remember correctly. I haven't seen any youth league games but just from reading the reports on the club website he seems to be playing pretty well. I think Marino would be a fair way ahead of him in the pecking order though (he doesn't train with the senior team) but if Brown continues his fairly average run of form he could good be a good choice for the bench.

Lol I thought he was a centre half...in that case play Archibald in place of him and then have Garuccio on the bench

We should sing this for 90mins on sunday ahahahahahahahahah

that was brilliant when it was done last season bahahaha the memories of doing it with the Yarrasiders!

How about instead of doing this we all sit in the away bay with the roar supporters? Show we'd rather lose and sack JVS than win with him...

that was brilliant when it was done last season bahahaha the memories of doing it with the Yarrasiders!

How about instead of doing this we all sit in the away bay with the roar supporters? Show we'd rather lose and sack JVS than win with him...yeah mate, this is a great idea :up:

:droy:

• Like 1

Give Hoff the armband. Would be the only player out there who'd wear it with pride. I'm all out of rope to neck myself with so I guess I'll turn up.

Well for me Mooy gives everything for the team!

If we were to change captain the only person I would give it to is Aaron Mooy. He works hard sets an example for other players and lifts when others wilt. There are only two downsides he seems quite softly spoken though in my opinion that isn't such a bad thing and that he is quite young though there are and have been plenty of great young captains.

40-45 minutes would be better, I reckon. Followed by a mass walkout.

Best time for a walkout would be when they score their 3rd in the 80th minute.

Its either going to the game or sitting at home with a crying newborn. Unsure which is worse.....

We going to come from behind twice to end up with a 2:2 draw.

JVS will walk up to the melburnians punching his chest and screaming how much this club means to him

He be sacked after muscunt's scum gang rape us again.

He'll win the derby I reckon, just to piss us all off and stay the remainder of the season

I'm sick of hearing how our players are playing with fear.

Surely it's the Manager's job to have them playing without fear?

Under a new Manager Brisbane will be out to avenge their loss to us this season.

Form points to a comfortable Brisbane win, but you never know.

Maybe Dugandzic or Williams instead of missing sitters as per normal will put them away?

Maybe Redmayne will dive smartly to his right or his left to save a few goals when the ball isn't kicked straight at him?

Maybe Kisnorbo will position himself better instead of leaving ourselves wide open at the back?

Maybe Weilart won't pass the ball straight to the opposition who run in to score a goal?

Maybe Ramsay won't start?

And if he starts maybe Paartalu will summon up the effort to put in a good one, seeing he is playing against his old team?

Also maybe Socceroo Matt McKay won't split our defence wide open with a quick, accurate, incisive pass.

Maybe Dugandzic or Williams instead of missing sitters as per normal will put them away?

Maybe Redmayne will dive smartly to his right or his left to save a few goals when the ball isn't kicked straight at him?

Maybe Kisnorbo will position himself better instead of leaving ourselves wide open at the back?

Maybe Weilart won't pass the ball straight to the opposition who run in to score a goal?

Maybe Ramsay won't start?

And if he starts maybe Paartalu will summon up the effort to put in a good one, seeing he is playing against his old team?

Also maybe Socceroo Matt McKay won't split our defence wide open with a quick, accurate, incisive pass.

and then the alarm clock wakes me up for work ! :) :) :)

Edited by japiedog

Why keep turning up when the players don't turn up 90% of the time. From our 1st ever home game against the Mariners this club has put in dog shit mediocre performances on the pitch and bar the odd bit of rhetoric in the post game presser it appears the players continue to be happy to just pick up a pay cheque.

I'm not going to turn up to watch that shit anymore. I've paid my membership and I reserve my right as a fan to spend my time doing something worthwhile rather than watch a bunch of over paid prima-donnas prance around AAMI Park knowing regardless of their performance they'll still get their wage paid come Monday.

I disagree. I do believe that the players do turn up and that they do give their best. It is just that we are witnessing their best...

You can't tell supporters to continually blindly support a team and club that is going nowhere. I have been a member from day 1 and I have always supported this club. Even when the club appointed JA instead of Milicic. I even supported them when they made ridicules signing after ridicules signing.

Each and every year this club has sold hope to its members and supporters only to be disappointed and frustrated at yet another wasted season.

I believe all of us are feed up and we truly believed that our new owners (as big as they are) would fix all the problems ... But as we can all see our problems run deep...

It's our job to voice our displeasure and to show passion in the stands.... If we do nothing, we are nothing..

Banners, walk out, cancelling memberships, chanting for JVS to be sacked, booing players... Whatever it takes but as supporters we need to show something...

• Like 1

Some need a stint in the NYL.

Redders

Hoff, Kisnorbo, Chapman, King?

Portaloo

Mooy, Duff

Gooch, (a striker, Marino?), Williams

Subs: Velaphi, Murdocca, Mauk, Espendola, (a striker, Dekker?).

I would almost consider putting portaloo upfront, someone with some muscle and can head a ball, could defend up front, but his movement would be poor I think.

Duff would suit AM as he is getting older, can pass, dribble, has smarts and get in a scoring opp.

Gooch had a great time on the right wing, played his best there.

Williams is a winger, when playing for the all stars was a standout there, start playing him in position, a striker he is not.

LB and CF we have a hard time, but I'm sick of Duga and Ramsay. So king comes in, with maybe Marino and Dekker as the sub.

Serious question, what happened to Schroen? I thought he was killing it last year?

like davutovic mentioned... i can see us play 2 DM's with murdocca (even though hes past it) and paartalu coz our defence needs all the help it can get. We need to shake things up so the team from last week realise that the performance was not acceptable

Velaphi
Hoffman    Kisnorbo Chapman   King

Paartalu      Murdocca

Duff                      Mooy              Brown
                            Williams

Some need a stint in the NYL.

Redders

Hoff, Kisnorbo, Chapman, King?

Portaloo

Mooy, Duff

Gooch, (a striker, Marino?), Williams

Subs: Velaphi, Murdocca, Mauk, Espendola, (a striker, Dekker?).

I would almost consider putting portaloo upfront, someone with some muscle and can head a ball, could defend up front, but his movement would be poor I think.

Duff would suit AM as he is getting older, can pass, dribble, has smarts and get in a scoring opp.

Gooch had a great time on the right wing, played his best there.

Williams is a winger, when playing for the all stars was a standout there, start playing him in position, a striker he is not.

LB and CF we have a hard time, but I'm sick of Duga and Ramsay. So king comes in, with maybe Marino and Dekker as the sub.

Serious question, what happened to Schroen? I thought he was killing it last year?

Dont we randomly throw Kisnorbo up there? which has done nothing every time its happened?

like davutovic mentioned... i can see us play 2 DM's with murdocca (even though hes past it) and paartalu coz our defence needs all the help it can get. We need to shake things up so the team from last week realise that the performance was not acceptable

Velaphi

Hoffman    Kisnorbo Chapman   King

Paartalu      Murdocca

Duff                      Mooy              Brown

Williams

We can't even keep a clean sheet with a back 11 yet an 2 DMs

After this week we have a week off and then the Darby. From all reports it looks like JVS will survive at least until the Asian Cup break. the players will all go away on a training camp in Abu Dhabi. So if the results don't come in the next 2 games I expect a new coach to take over for the 2nd part of the season...

Either way this season is a write off, and it's only round 9... Fucking joke when you think about it..