Melbourne Football

Round 9 City v Roar 5pm Sunday

Baka1

Cant complain about a win

Dont think it mattered who was in goals today, Tando didn't have much to do, that being said both teams missed a couple of gimmee goals.

My SSF team played at half time , 

My cousin won a trip to Abu Dhabi. 

It wasn't as cold as i thought it was going to be

All in all an enjoyable arvo ....

Till the Derby 

• Like 3

Had a chance to look at the replay again and it certainly was as uninspiring as I first thought watching it live. 

Still a few positives to take away though. Tando got a clean sheet confidence booster, Chapman looked settled in the team and I think Dugandzic is working towards that form of a couple of seasons back.

As for the penalty, I think you can make the argument either way, agree that as a defender your pretty stupid putting your hand into an oppositions players back in that position. Just isn't needed. Was great to see Mooy slot it but I wondered why Willo didn't take it since he took the penalty last week?

Never gonna argue with a win but I think the same problems we've been having all season still there. If you wanted JVS out before this game (like this poster does) I don't see how this game could change your opinion. 

Our crowds are dropping each week. 7700 is like the old heart games. Lucky we are playing the scum next home game.

It has to be a concern given we've got over 10,000 members. On those figures ~1/3 of the paid members didn't even show-up.Strong maths game.

Factoring in for the non members turning up?

Our crowds are dropping each week. 7700 is like the old heart games. Lucky we are playing the scum next home game.

After the derby I can't see a big Boxing Day crowd against Perth. Again, stupidly I plan to drive down from NE Vic but that's mainly to get away from my mother in law who is up for Xmas!

• Like 3

I don't think it's a concern. Sunday at 5.00 p.m. is the graveyard shift - IIRC the AFL has just given up this time slot. It was a wet day in some suburbs, even though it didn't rain at AAMI Park. And as I've pointed out above, it was our 6th highest Sunday attendance ever, and those Sunday attendances include the ADP and David Villa games.

After the derby I can't see a big Boxing Day crowd against Perth. Again, stupidly I plan to drive down from NE Vic but that's mainly to get away from my mother in law who is up for Xmas!ha the things we do to get away from our inlaws

I'm lucky, mine are thousands of kms away in South Africa

Its a bit of a toss up at the moment: watching us play or spending Boxing Day with my Mother-in-law :wub:

Not sure which is worse

Well the obvious solution is the Boxing Day test.

Which does raise the point that I've just realised the a league has scheduled us against one of the biggest sporting events on the Australian calendar. WTF?

Its a bit of a toss up at the moment: watching us play or spending Boxing Day with my Mother-in-law :wub:

Not sure which is worse

Which does raise the point that I've just realised the a league has scheduled us against one of the biggest sporting events on the Australian calendar. WTF?

Not just one, we are also scheduled against the Grand Prix. Again.

Not really, people can go from one to the other if they like. We did it last year for the Wellington game

Yeah, that's what I'll be doing. If you want to look at it optimistically, you'd say that there's the potential to get a couple of thousand curious people from the cricket to stroll over the bridge. Particularly if the club had the foresight to do some sort of promotion to tie it in (e.g. half price ticket for anyone with a ticket from the test match) and some advertising on the club, relevant cricket websites, social media and TV radio. Which, of course, it wouldn't think of doing in a million years. Can't have people getting in for half price; we'd much rather the seats were vacant.

EDIT: and the kickoff was pushed back an hour or so, of course (probably not the club's call, in fairness), so there was a good 30-45 minutes from the last ball of the cricket to the time that you'd need to be making your way in to AAMI.

Edited by SF33

Not sure which is worse

Not just one, we are also scheduled against the Grand Prix. Again.

Bela, there is a fixture thread, and if you look at it you will see that that match vs. Newcastle originally scheduled for Grand Prix Sunday has been moved forward to the Saturday evening 14th March, KO 7.30 p.m.

Not because of the Grand Prix however, but it has been moved nevertheless.