Melbourne Football

Round 9 City v Roar 5pm Sunday

Baka1

Can we seriously have a banner for this? Something tongue-in-cheek yet powerful.

"Buy Us A Win"

Love the idea, would look great!

maybe to keep the match fixing accusations at bay a...

"Buy the players a backbone transplant"

...might be a good alternative

How about "What price for 11 backbones?"

Not sure if anythings been said on this but we really need to start getting crowds back above 10k

why? Well I know we don't want band wagoners but having low crowds is a shit look (yes I do realise the crowds are much bigger than heart days but based on our membership numbers you'd expect to Atleast get more than that at each game! )

Not sure if anythings been said on this but we really need to start getting crowds back above 10k

why? Well I know we don't want band wagoners but having low crowds is a shit look (yes I do realise the crowds are much bigger than heart days but based on our membership numbers you'd expect to Atleast get more than that at each game! )

Copping 5 goals for the second time this season is an even worse look.

Is this Connor Chapman fit to play? If he is then he must be pretty shit...the same goes for King and anyone else in the NYL defence if they can't get a game in our first team!

What else could it be? Oh! they are winning! Now I understand :)

Edited by silva10
  • Like 1

A loss on Sunday would just about do it for a lot of the fans.

So much hype and promise in the off season with very little being delivered. We have the squad to beat a very weak Brisbane squad on Sunday. If we lose to Brisbane, you would have to think this team will be bottom three this season and JVS could be sacked before the derby.

I am expecting about 8000 to turn up but if we lose it will be back to the Heart day where we will see 5000-6000 at games, especially after the derby against Victory. We are on track to have the same record mid season to what we had last season and that's just unacceptable, I don't know what this club has to and can do to fix this mess.

It's time to put in a different board in place with a new coaching panel because the culture we have now is like a cancer and we have to get rid of it or it will be the same story every year with Melbourne City being in the bottom 3.

• Like 2

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/12/05/van-t-schip-reinvigorate-melbourne-city-wielding-axe?cid=trending

Looks as though there'll be a few changes to the starting XI this weekend:

Logical team to me would be:

Velaphi

Hoff Chapman Kisnorbo/Wielart Garuccio 

Paartalu   Melling

Mooy             

Mate        Marino        Duff

I don't think Massimo deserves to come in over Melling- and like Melling as a #8 with Mooy in front trying to create. We need Melling and Paartalu getting the ball from the back 4 and playing forward to Mooy and the strikers- Chapman and Garuccio in will help that.

Marino in for Williams as Willo simply does not have the footballing brain to play up front by himself- can't hold the ball up or get on the end of anything- he's quick on the ground but not between the ears.

Redmayne, Ramsey and Williams all deserve to be dropped in my opinion.

Not sure who to play out of Kisnorbo and Wielart but as Paddy is Captain I don't see him being dropped.

Edited by tommac

Will see what changes JVS will make to the starting 11, it's funny how this week he has been talking up competition for places within the squad, I would have though that would be the case from Rd1.. But yet again the Heart/City find its self in this position. No confidence within the playing group, and coach justifying his position.

Brisbane were good during the week, very composed performance. Suprised a lot of people considering the big blow to Broich.

Really can't see JVS surviving this one if it's not a win. The sharks are circling.

I see this match as the turning point for the season - for van 't Schip, for players coming out of contract, for attendances, and maybe for other management personnel at HQ.

IMO anything but three points will be season over for us, with only dramatic changes in the form of a number of teams (including us) giving us a remote chance to scrape into 5th or 6th place.

Yeah a win would of course be good on a number of fronts, also would be nice to have a bit of momentum and consistency before Koren finally is ready and before Kennedy arrives.