Melbourne Football

Navy stripe in on our home kit

benzema23

If we can post our opinions, then I think the ffa should allow us to wear sky blue. It is inevitable and the home kit at the moment is not an identity for our club. It would seem the red will eventually have no home for our future besides being in our logo.

The possible reasoning behind Nike's lack of effort for kits is that the current kits will be a one off. Nike perhaps don't want to waste resources on kits that have no future.

If we can post our opinions, then I think the ffa should allow us to wear sky blue. It is inevitable and the home kit at the moment is not an identity for our club. It would seem the red will eventually have no home for our future besides being in our logo.

I agree on the home kit. I think it looks super, but it is more of an away kit look.

I actually don't mind the Malaga style home jersey.

I'm no Argentinian or kangaroo supporter, but I think it has a stronger look... whilst incorporating the sky blue of City and maintaining the stripes of our past.

Edited by rass

I agree on the home kit. I think it looks super, but it is more of an away kit look.

I actually don't mind the Malaga style home jersey.

I'm no Argentinian or kangaroo supporter, but I think it has a stronger look... whilst incorporating the sky blue of City and maintaining the stripes of our past.

Yeh Malaga top is pretty nice

Wow, really?!?! This is all you people care about? Whether we look like Marseille or Real Madrid third kit...

Hmmm, my initial response was to your topic - navy blue stripe in the kit. I said I like the Malaga kit (an example) as to me it keeps the stripes of our past and the sky blue of our owners now. 

Don't know how you interpreted that...

Wow, really?!?! This is all you people care about? Whether we look like Marseille or Real Madrid third kit...

Mate do you want to bang on about our defensive problems or our inept goal keeper or perhaps our moronic manager?

I just have had enough about discussing the same shit week in week out (About the teams issues)

so instead of being negative I want to talk about potential kits, you don't like it don't start a thread about our kit.

Edited by drewmelbcity
  • Like 1

Mate do you want to bang on about our defensive problems or our inept goal keeper or perhaps our moronic manager?

I just have had enough about discussing the same shit week in week out (About the teams issues)

so instead of being negative I want to talk about potential kits, you don't like it don't start a thread about our kit.

Not that I have a problem with you discussing potential kits myself - I have like forty kits from the 90's/80's in brother in laws garage.

However it has gotten to the point where their are so many Australian EPL Nerds discussing Kits on the web these days I wouldn't be surprised if NMIT offered a "Diploma in Kit Design" in a couple of years time.

Edited by cadete

Not that I have a problem with you discussing potential kits myself - I have like forty kits from the 90's/80's in brother in laws garage.

However it has gotten to the point where their are so many Australian EPL Nerds discussing Kits on the web these days I wouldn't be surprised if NMIT offered a "Diploma in Kit Design" in a couple of years time.

First course, "Introduction to Kit Design", lesson 1: "to turtle neck or not turtle neck, Kappa design failures 2013-2014"  :D

First course, "Introduction to Kit Design", lesson 1: "to turtle neck or not turtle neck, Kappa design failures 2013-2014"   :D

There would probably also be a whole unit in Charcoal Third Kits.

well that will make cfg quiver in their shoes.

Dylan, at what point in your 3,486 posts did you start getting so annoying, it must be recently at the 3k mark because I never even noticed you before.

Damn, I have no comeback to that.  :rolleyes: 

But let me know when this leads to the navy blue being removed :up:

• Like 2

well that will make cfg quiver in their shoes.

Dylan, at what point in your 3,486 posts did you start getting so annoying, it must be recently at the 3k mark because I never even noticed you before.

Damn, I have no comeback to that. :rolleyes:

But let me know when this leads to the navy blue being removed :up: Dylan, you're ok in my book. But I am an annoying git myself

Edited by Tonyboozeadams

drewmelbcity is a CFG agent, a forum sleeper cell set up to manipulate us into accepting a sky blue kit :D

Won't lie would be happy with a sky blue kit, I just see our home kit being an away kit or alternative kit at best.

We will most likely see the kit change probably the reason why Nike are not in a rush getting the tops manufactured

I have said in the past that the colours didn't bother me. But the game against Sydney brought it home that we should have no navy blue on our kits. I got confused with which team I was looking at when the tv went to our bench. I thought it was Sydney's. If CFG wants us all to be the same just tell us not all the crap that they have been telling us. We have more navy in our kits than New York. If they want us all to wear sky blue then fine just be honest about it. But really ManC can be sky blue and white, NY can have sky blue and navy and we can have sky blue and red trim or socks/shorts? something like that. Shows that we are all part of the same family but our own club so to speak. New York has better merchandise  than we do and they haven't even kicked a ball yet. But at the end of the day we will be way down the pecking order for them and just some dodge so they can spend more money on ManC. Just wish they would be more honest with the fans. Time will tell I suppose. 

• Like 3