Melbourne Football

RD 8: Phoenix V City Sunday 3pm

Dylan

IMO the important thing is that it happened sooner rather than later. We've been pretenders for nearly two-and-a half seasons, if not for longer.

The squad we have plus the way we have been instructed to play was always going to lead to this eventually.

One can only hope that CFG take action now instead of delaying it further.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

Well last week was boring, this week is embarrassing. What a shocking performance they give each week - and where is the entertainment we were supposed to get. It's now time for CFG to come in hard on this useless club. Think I might not go to the next home games as a protest - and wish I hadn't already bought my derby tickets.

• Like 1

Welcome to football band wagoners . There'll be another franchise along in a few seasons I expect that you can jump on

Who's this idiot

Considering you can't grasp basic punctuation it would appear to be you.

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense. 

Not going next week.

The franchise treats me like a consumer so I'm going to behave like one.

I was driving down from NE Victoria for this one. If there's anyone from the franchise reading this please give me one reason why I should bother beyond yelling abuse at the players and coach. Well how about supporting the opposition?

Not going next week.

Shahanga, I can understand your frustration but I hope you'll be at aami next week. I certainly will be, as ever donning the red & white. Cfg need to realise that without the rusted on heart fans there'd be 2-3k max at home games and that without us things would be infinitely more dire than the current predicament.

I can't stand jvs and it's obvious we have a weak & unbalanced squad but only plastics jump off when the going gets tough. Whether its 1, 2 or 5 years down the track when success finally arrives we'll be able to say "I was there cheering them on every week when we were utter shite, how sweet this is".

Not going next week.

Shahanga, I can understand your frustration but I hope you'll be at aami next week. I certainly will be, as ever donning the red & white. Cfg need to realise that without the rusted on heart fans there'd be 2-3k max at home games and that without us things would be infinitely more dire than the current predicament.

I can't stand jvs and it's obvious we have a weak & unbalanced squad but only plastics jump off when the going gets tough. Whether its 1, 2 or 5 years down the track when success finally arrives we'll be able to say "I was there cheering them on every week when we were utter shite, how sweet this is".

Not going next week.

We are an abysmal sorry lot at City/Heart...

Nothing has changed in the last 5 years and CFG promised a lot and have delivered very little apart from Duff and Villa (for a token 4 games and couldn't get out fast enough)

The same sorry mob are still there and will continue to be there until that f&*king big broom comes in and cleans up the entire football department.

They can't even get something like an international marquee position right...second season in and the player is in the stands and from all accounts Koren won't be seen now until February 2015.

Don't want to hear about "bad luck"....people make their own luck in life and sport is no different.

Let's not bring up merchandise cause that is beyond a joke....playing shirts available now next year....why even bother as at this rate nobody will want them.

The whole place is a joke and has been since day 1...

Nobody at the club seems to take this franchise seriously, the players, coaches nor the administration...

Edited by TheGaffer
  • Like 2

Redmayne - Eh, another whatever performance, copped five, doesn't even surprise me anymore

Ramsay - FFS, sack this useless flog, weak and ineffective tackler, kept Bonavacia (?) onside before he scored, offered little in attack

Wielaert - Slowest and sloppiest player on the team for me, another poor performance

Kisnorbo - Can't even be fucked writing anything positive, kept Burns onside before Krishna (?) scored

Archibald - Didn't even notice you were on the field 

Paartalu - Responsible for the first goal, so slow on the ball

Melling - Couple of turnovers, missed that shot in the first half and the Nix went up the other end to score, worked hard I guess

Mooy - Best on the field despite being shit, trying to do it all, wayward shots/passes

Dugandzic - Did you even touch the ball?

Duff - Some glimpses but dallies on the ball, tries to play for fouls too often, surrounded by shitness

Williams - Whatever mate, honestly, that you've managed to hold the starting striker spot is testament to this team's serious lack of depth, goes missing most matches, today was no exception

Brown - Didn't do enough

Hoffman - Best on the park (somehow)

Mauk - Didn't even notice you were on the field

Our season was doomed to be a painful one due to not rebuilding from the back. CFG will now well and truly realise that by leaving the Heart football operations people in control of their recruiting, etc, they have well and truly fucked up.

They will also have had a chance to see how every other club in the a-league has built and balanced their squads compared to ours.

I expect that they will make incremental changes right across the board and eventually after 3 years from this season we will have a squad that can challenge for the title.

This season, as was predicted generally on this forum, is gonna keep being painful, and whether JVS goes or not now or at seasons end, the best we can hope for is to sneak into the finals.

I think the play that sums this season up to me was Dugandzic playing on and blasting a shot 2m over the cross bar a few seconds after the whistle had been blown for offside, then complaining about the call (which was actually the correct one). Incompetence, stupidity and finger pointing. That play really had it all.