Melbourne Football

TV Series

Bill

15 hours ago, strider said:

@mattyh001

@Deviant

I was actually super excited when I first heard about Luke Cage... then I realised its Luke Cage and not Johnny Cage from MK...

These superhero shows tend to have a good 2 seasons then go to shit (Arrow and Flash as prime examples) 

Westworld looks fucking crazy though 

I caught the first 25 mins of westworld and was blown away. I'll have to make some time this week to watch it.

I've got the curse of 'finishing something i've strated' so i'm stuck watching Arrow, Flash, etc... and the worst part was that i watched the whole series of 'Merlin'. Fucking agonising. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I'm skeptical of first ep hype - see the news room

Another one of those 'stuck till the end' type shows

31 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

The orchestral version of 'Paint it Black' that's played was awesome.

Phenomenal.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2016 at 0:55 AM, Nate said:

well, Westworld ep1 left me pretty speechless, everything about it was absolutely amazing

gonna be really interesting to see which direction they take the plot.

4 hours ago, strider said:

they could fuck it up. like lost

So many twists and turns it can take.

Did Lost have the Nolan's involved in the plot development and directing? - This could be the major factor of it staying relevant. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bit late to the party but recently finished watching stranger things. Was pretty good but probably not worth going out of your way for it.

Also watched silicone valley. I have no idea about computers or programming so im not sure if what they are talking about is realistic or not but def a great show

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 0:44 AM, hakz7 said:

The orchestral version of 'Paint it Black' that's played was awesome.

The slipped in "Black Hole Sun" before that, too.  Both favorite songs of mine and then finished it off with "Ain't No Grave" by Johnny Cash.  So good.

Just binge watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Westworld.  My mind is blown. I love this series.  I need to binge watch the rest tonight so I can look up all the theories.  

Edited by NYCFCFan10

8 hours ago, NYCFCFan10 said:

The slipped in "Black Hole Sun" before that, too.  Both favorite songs of mine and then finished it off with "Ain't No Grave" by Johnny Cash.  So good.

Just binge watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Westworld.  My mind is blown. I love this series.  I need to binge watch the rest tonight so I can look up all the theories.  

Mate, you haven't experienced anything yet. The last episodes are breathtakingly brilliant.  After you finish the show, watch the recaps on youtube. They explain so many easter eggs and theories.   

On 12/20/2016 at 9:58 AM, Deviant said:

Mate, you haven't experienced anything yet. The last episodes are breathtakingly brilliant.  After you finish the show, watch the recaps on youtube. They explain so many easter eggs and theories.   

The guardian do good episode by episode re caps. So much going on in Westworld!

• Like 1

Westworld

******SPOILERS BELOW*****

I was a bit disappointed with episode 9, to be honest.  You have to use the big reveal sparingly and spread-out.  The enormous blitz of "A-ha! Its not what you thought it was!" moments back-to-back-to-back started to crossover from being cool to being like "Oh, ok, the horse is dead, stop beating it."  

That said I really liked episode 10.  The reveal that the Man in Black was really William and that Delores and William's story was playing out over decades was one of the coolest reveals ever.  I want to take credit that I predicted Ford would move the robots out into the real world by like episode 2 or 3.

The guy has an absolute god complex and that tiny arena was never going to be enough to contain it.  It's why he rebuilt his partner, Arnold, in a form he could control because he couldn't before.  I will now predict, that since Ford let the robots go and gave them the ability to control one another, that what he's really done is moved his consciousness into a robot and that Arnold was the test run for this.    

• Like 1

On 12/21/2016 at 11:56 PM, NYCFCFan10 said:

Westworld

******SPOILERS BELOW*****

I was a bit disappointed with episode 9, to be honest.  You have to use the big reveal sparingly and spread-out.  The enormous blitz of "A-ha! Its not what you thought it was!" moments back-to-back-to-back started to crossover from being cool to being like "Oh, ok, the horse is dead, stop beating it."  

That said I really liked episode 10.  The reveal that the Man in Black was really William and that Delores and William's story was playing out over decades was one of the coolest reveals ever.  I want to take credit that I predicted Ford would move the robots out into the real world by like episode 2 or 3.

The guy has an absolute god complex and that tiny arena was never going to be enough to contain it.  It's why he rebuilt his partner, Arnold, in a form he could control because he couldn't before.  I will now predict, that since Ford let the robots go and gave them the ability to control one another, that what he's really done is moved his consciousness into a robot and that Arnold was the test run for this.    

Some seriously deep shit going on in this show. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/02/2017 at 10:39 AM, carlings said:

Just started Vikings, 5 eps in to season 1 and finding it a bit slow. Does it pick up? Still very watchable but seems like a real slow burner.

ur in for a fkn treat mate, give it time

On 10/01/2017 at 0:10 PM, GreenSeater said:

Very late to the party but I just started Westworld last night. Holy shit so good

welcome fam

18 hours ago, Tesla said:

Am I just suffering from brain damage, or is Santa Clarita Diet extremely hilarious?

brain damage

7 hours ago, Baka1 said:

Anything good to watch on Netflix? No teenage Shameless type crap, shows along the lines of gangsters(early-mid 1900s), Sci fi, thriller

have u seen stranger things? narcos? black mirror is fucking magic (sci fi on roids) daredevil is OK and Iron Fist comes out 2017

ttdim: the walking dead

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, strider said:

have u seen stranger things? narcos? black mirror is fucking magic (sci fi on roids) daredevil is OK and Iron Fist comes out 2017

ttdim: the walking dead

Been watching narcos, love it. Just looking for something else. Might give BM a suss

• Like 1

American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson just dropped on Netflix recently. I was a fetus at the time of the murders, so I've never really known much of the finer details, so I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Some big names and good performances.

Keep thinking how incredible it would have been to be an American watching it all unfold at the time.