Melbourne Football

TV Series

Bill

Newsroom season two >>>>>>>>>>> season one.

Start of season was boring tbh but its gotten a lot better.

Interesting developments in BB, not to surprised as there seems to be a bit of a crime doesnt pay theme to the show. Im a bit bothered by WW going from a genius to a moron last couple episodes.

Agreed on all counts.

Last episode of BB was pretty expected, to be honest, but good nonetheless.

It was crazy I loved it! But do agree on how it's a bit disappointing that Walt has turned dumb this last season especially.

When he admitted all his crimes over the phone  :droy:

BWE Ep1:  :unsure: meh but did like certain themes in it

BB:  :clap: (@he has to slip up... how else can the end?)

TNR: Season 2 is more polished but I like it more when the events are reinterpretations/dramatisations of real life events so the Genoa stuff hasn't really done it for me... that said, Election coverage has been good. Sampat's chewing out of Ron Paul  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

@Baresi: Avid Suits watcher. :up:

• Like 1

TNR: Season 2 is more polished but I like it more when the events are reinterpretations/dramatisations of real life events so the Genoa stuff hasn't really done it for me... that said, Election coverage has been good. Sampat's chewing out of Ron Paul  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

@Baresi: Avid Suits watcher. :up:

On TNR, I somewhat agree... Genoa was really well put together, but I agree that it would have been better with real events.

Suits  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

Pav put me onto it last week, and now I can't wait for tomorrow's mid-season finale.

Rachel and Donna  :clap:

Anyone here watch Suits? (May have asked this already)

Again late to the party m8

Was boring AF TBH, found myself just waiting for it to end, hopefully it picks up. Still haven't watched ep2.

Sure, he has to slip up, and yeah he has been angry or panicked both times he has slipped up over the phone, but really for a guy who puts so much thought into things it just seems quite out of character for him to make slip ups like he has. There are plenty other slip ups he could make, ones where he just loses his genius touch for a moment, rather than going full retard.

KY :up:

Breaking Bad ending from me gets a score of 8.5/10 and importantly they managed to pull of five strong seasons.

The Sopranos ending got around a 5/10 and TBH its Season 2 was not up to par with the other five seasons.

I think its pretty fair to say that BB has not overpassed The Soprano's but is at least now nipping at its heels as the best drama of all time.

• Like 2

the Gustavo Fring saga was the best story line in the whole series.... make me want to open up a Los Pollos food chain lol

Well if the show had finnished at the end of Season Five, then that would have been the greatest ending to a series of all time.

But they gave us another two years of fun for a well above acceptable final ending so no complaints from me.

Breaking Bad finale draws record ratings 
skynews_910921.jpg

The final episode of Breaking Bad drew the cult US television show's biggest ever ratings with 10.3 million viewers tuning in.

But there were also more than 500,000 illegal downloads of the Sunday night finale of the series, with Australia topping the illicit rankings with nearly 1 in 5 of copies viewed.

The show, about chemistry teacher turned drug lord Walter White, ended its fifth and final season a week after winning the best drama award at the Emmys, television's version of the Oscars.

The long-awaited final episode drew 3.7 million more viewers than the penultimate one a week before, which itself had set the series record at 6.6 million, according to ratings tracker Nielsen cited by industry journal Variety.

The record ratings were less than the biggest season finale of The Walking Dead on 12.4 million, but more than twice the biggest audience for advertising drama Mad Men, which drew 3.5 million for the first show in its fifth series, according to Variety.

The figures pale in comparison with classic TV shows of the past, before the TV and media world became so fragmented in the digital era.

M.A.S.H., for example, scored nearly 106 million viewers for its finale in 1983, while Cheers drew 80.4 million a decade later and the last episode of Seinfeld was watched by 76.3 million people in 1998.

In the current media landscape talent shows regularly get much bigger audiences than that of Breaking Bad; The Voice got 14.7 million for its latest series debut.

While AMC, the cable channel which broadcasts Breaking Bad, will be happy with the ratings, they will be less pleased at the number of people who watched the final episode through illicit means.

The show was illegally downloaded more than half a million times within 12 hours of the first illegal copy appearing online, according to online piracy news website TorrentFreak.

Australia had the biggest number of illegal downloads with 18 per cent of the total, followed by the United States on 14.5 per cent, Britain on 9.3 per cent, India on 5.7 per cent and Canada 5.1 per cent, it reported.

Edited by Deviate

Firs of all, Sopranos > *

Now BB definitely up there with the best shows, but comparing it to the wire, for example, where are the characters? Omar, Mcnulty, Clay Davies, and of course possibly the GOAT TV show character, Stringer Bell. There are many more in The Wire as well, and Sopranos had it too, but BB just doesn't have a number of characters on that level.

• Like 3

Now BB definitely up there with the best shows, but comparing it to the wire, for example, where are the characters? Omar, Mcnulty, Clay Davies, and of course possibly the GOAT TV show character, Stringer Bell. There are many more in The Wire as well, and Sopranos had it too, but BB just doesn't have a number of characters on that level.

IMO BB sits behind The Sopranos but clearly in front of The Wire and I am a big Wire fan...

You honestly think Stringer Bell is the GOAT TV Character???

How does the bloke come close to the multidimensional nature of Tony Soprano or for that matter Walter White.

Even Don Draper for most of Mad Men has him covered and the way House of Cards is going I can see Frank Underwood also going past him.

IMO BB sits behind The Sopranos but clearly in front of The Wire and I am a big Wire fan...

How does the bloke come close to the multidimensional nature of Tony Soprano or for that matter Walter White.

Even Don Draper for most of Mad Men has him covered and the way House of Cards is going I can see Frank Underwood also going past him.

This is a pretty fair and accurate post.

However, as a complete show, The Wire probably trumps BB in my opinion.

You make some very valid points, but at the end of the day Stringer Bell is cool AF so Stringer Bell > * :up:

Edited by Tesla