Melbourne Football

Rd 1 vs Brisbane (away) Tues 28/12 7pm

neio

1 minute ago, neio said:

From what I understand from my mate who is a victory member, they got assigned a row number to sit in and they just had to leave 2 seats between his group of people and the next group. So there could be 6 people sitting next to each other if all from same group, 2 spare seats, then another group 

I believe that was solely for the active area, though happy to be corrected.

13 hours ago, mus-28 said:

I think Brisbane are decent, once they took of DJ joey C and moved the Japanese import to the wing and O'Shea to #10 they controlled the ball and pressed Victory into turnovers. If they continue with a front 4 that can really press and a no nonsense defence they'll pick up a lot of points. 

It'll be interesting to see how the game here evolves as we move to a winter competition. It'll be easier to maintain a pressing game for longer periods of the game as teams won't be playing in 38 degrees and high humidity. Conversely, it'll also favour teams that are able to retain the ball

10 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

It'll be interesting to see how the game here evolves as we move to a winter competition. It'll be easier to maintain a pressing game for longer periods of the game as teams won't be playing in 38 degrees and high humidity. Conversely, it'll also favour teams that are able to retain the ball

Do we know what we're moving to? A proper "winter competition" for Melbourne clubs would be April to November, or mid-March to mid-November. How would that suit Brisbane and Perth (for examples)?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Do we know what we're moving to? A proper "winter competition" for Melbourne clubs would be April to November, or mid-March to mid-November. How would that suit Brisbane and Perth (for examples)?

Couple of things to consider on that one in general but we are definitely slowly going towards winter over 2 seasons I thought.

1. Priority was/is to align with Australian grassroots (March/April to September/October around that). 

2. Alignment with other Asian leagues (think about ACL).

3. International calendar

4. Alignment with transfer windows from other regions.x

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I believe that the idea is to transition over a few seasons. Brisbane and Perth will have to play away games in cold weather, the variety of climates will make all teams more flexible if they want to succeed. There won't be one playing style that'll suit all conditions.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Proper winter for Melbourne is March to November. 
December-January being possible winter and February probably boiling, with winter unlikely but not unheard of.

• Haha 1