Melbourne Football

New York City FC

Nate

Back on the winners list today with a 2-0 win over Toronto. Lampard scored his first goal and Mullins with the second.

Will need to win 4 of their last 5 to make playoffs in all likelihood.

Like the look of mullins, nothing flashy but a real scrapper who seems to create goals on pure willpower

Back on the winners list today with a 2-0 win over Toronto. Lampard scored his first goal and Mullins with the second.

Will need to win 4 of their last 5 to make playoffs in all likelihood.

Like the look of mullins, nothing flashy but a real scrapper who seems to create goals on pure willpower

You watched one game and now you're resident correspondent?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just sacked their coach after finishing 8th/10 in their conference and failing to make finals. Record was 10 W 7 D 17 L. Thats a win ratio of 29%... A bit worse than JVS but still... CFG seem to care more about NY already :( 

Didnt even let him become one of the most experienced managers in the comp before getting rid of him! 

fwiw Kreis had already won the MLS with Real Salt Lake in 2009 so he was hardly useless.

Yep. In fact I calculated it compared to the best in the league during that time.

Bruce Arena, largely regarded as the best American soccer coach, took over MLS's most expensive team LA Galaxy with the league's most expensive player, David Beckham, and America's best ever player, Landon Donovan, on the squad in 2008.

Kreis took over the smallest team in MLS the year before in 2007.  He only won 4 games that year but from 2008 to 2013 (when Kreis left for NY) Salt Lake never missed the playoffs. He won it all in 2009 and lost the Championship game in 2013 on PKs.

Bruce Arena had 88 MLS wins in that time, largely regarded as the most dominate dynasty in MLS history.

Jason Kreis had 84 wins at little pokey RSL with a fraction of the budget. Jason Kreis made it farther in the Champions League than Arena's ever been, too.

And CFG decided to only give him a year.  A year in which they stole Lampard for over half the season and saddled him with Pirlo against his requests. LOL

CFG are total shitheads.  We're going to be screwed for years.

Edited by NYCFCFan10

Yep. In fact I calculated it compared to the best in the league during that time.

Bruce Arena, largely regarded as the best American soccer coach, took over MLS's most expensive team LA Galaxy with the league's most expensive player, David Beckham, and America's best ever player, Landon Donovan, on the squad in 2008.

Kreis took over the smallest team in MLS the year before in 2007.  He only won 4 games that year but from 2008 to 2013 (when Kreis left for NY) Salt Lake never missed the playoffs. He won it all in 2009 and lost the Championship game in 2013 on PKs.

Bruce Arena had 88 MLS wins in that time, largely regarded as the most dominate dynasty in MLS history.

Jason Kreis had 84 wins at little pokey RSL with a fraction of the budget. Jason Kreis made it farther in the Champions League than Arena's ever been, too.

And CFG decided to only give him a year.  A year in which they stole Lampard for over half the season and saddled him with Pirlo against his requests. LOL

CFG are total shitheads.  We're going to be screwed for years.

cfg literally created your club/franchise from nothing. 

You come across as a rather ungrateful cunt.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, NYCFCFan10 said:

I have nothing against Patty.  Hope he does well.

CFG are still garbage though.  They promise you one thing and deliver another.

They've essentially turned us into New York City EDS. :mellow:

No CFG = no NYCFC

Youre and fucking moron, at least we have a right to complain because we had a club before CFG came along

1 hour ago, NYCFCFan10 said:

I have nothing against Patty.  Hope he does well.

CFG are still garbage though.  They promise you one thing and deliver another.

They've essentially turned us into New York City EDS. :mellow:

Hey mate it's fair to be pissed off about things but if you so negative about what's going on just walk away. From what little I've seen CFG will build the best team in your league maybe not the way you personally think it should be done but it will be the best. 

10 hours ago, Jovan said:

Hey mate it's fair to be pissed off about things but if you so negative about what's going on just walk away. From what little I've seen CFG will build the best team in your league maybe not the way you personally think it should be done but it will be the best. 

They really and truly don't understand a salary cap league.  Every successful team has strong continuity from season to season.   Same coach, same core of players.  You don't even need flashy names, just guys young enough to still run and that want to be here and that will stick around for a handful of seasons.  All the teams that did the best this year had that formula.

We've jettisoned a lot of last year's squad and our DPs already seemed too old last year, and will be another year older this year, and all of that will be playing under a first year head coach that doesn't know and probably doesn't really care about this league.  Stranger things have happened but I'm keeping my expectations real, real low this season. 

Edited by NYCFCFan10
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, NYCFCFan10 said:

They really and truly don't understand a salary cap league.  Every successful team has strong continuity from season to season.   Same coach, same core of players.  You don't even need flashy names, just guys young enough to still run and that want to be here and that will stick around for a handful of seasons.  All the teams that did the best this year had that formula.

We've jettisoned a lot of last year's squad and our DPs already seemed too old last year, and will be another year older this year, and all of that will be playing under a first year head coach that doesn't know and probably doesn't really care about this league.  Stranger things have happened but I'm keeping my expectations real, real low this season. 

Some good points. That was pretty much the recipe of the A-League's Central Coast Mariners in their success years.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"NYCFC has never taken to Lampard ever since he extended his 'loan spell' at parent club Manchester City (in fact he was never on loan) instead of moving to the Big Apple, as expected, on Jan 1, 2015. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/04/29/frank-lampard-is-the-worst-signing-in-mls-history---he-must-call/

Sounds familiar?

Edited by raw10

1 hour ago, raw10 said:

"NYCFC has never taken to Lampard ever since he extended his 'loan spell' at parent club Manchester City (in fact he was never on loan) instead of moving to the Big Apple, as expected, on Jan 1, 2015. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/04/29/frank-lampard-is-the-worst-signing-in-mls-history---he-must-call/

Sounds familiar?

The article itself is well worth reading in its entirety. It hits hard where the hits need to be hard - for example, "...the worst signing in MLS history." If only our own journos would tell it like it is in the same way.

1 hour ago, Geo400 said:

Awful team, awful venue, only thing they have going for them are the 20,000 odd hipster fans.

I agree with the awful venue... they choose to use a Yankee's ground as their home ground, which is shit for both spectators and players. However, CFG is proposing a new 25k seat stadium at Columbia University.. which is good news, if only they buy up AAMI Park and get rid of victards lol

• 3 weeks later...