Melbourne Football

New York City FC

Nate

You're not going to get any sympathy on here about that when it was New York who pulled the plug on Villa  so he could take a few photos. 

...you really think that wasn't just a piece of Manchester's plan to rob us of Lampard?  My mind explodes that you guys hold us responsible for that when it's obviously Manchester driving the bus and making the moves.

Edited by NYCFCFan10

...you really think that wasn't just a piece of Manchester's plan to rob us of Lampard?  My mind explodes that you guys hold us responsible for that when it's obviously Manchester driving the boss and making the moves.

lolz

• Like 1

...you really think that wasn't just a piece of Manchester's plan to rob us of Lampard?  My mind explodes that you guys hold us responsible for that when it's obviously Manchester driving the boss and making the moves.

Cheer up pal. It will only get worse

What a game.  Won 5-3.  Pirlo is a god.  The team went from shit in the first half, before Pirlo, to a goal-scoring juggernaut in the second.  The guy makes it look effortless.  Unreal.

Both teams knew this was a critical game in the playoff chase so it was hard fought.   Feels good to get the win.  Late in the game it looked like Kaka might rob us again but this time it was off the bar and we went to the other end and dropped the dagger.  So good.

Next week we get Montreal who literally just signed Drogba.  Don't know if he'll play next week but it's another important game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love that there are ultras fighting for a club owned and named after a soft drink company and another group fighting for a club owned by an oil tycoon named after a club in England

You couldnt make this shit up

Got a problem with Modern Football mate?

Frank Lampard left practice early today.

Quad injury.  They say  he's  a game-time decision tomorrow but that means he'll miss another 3 weeks.

You guys want a slightly used Frank Lampard on the cheap?  Like free?  Please take him.

Would probably still be more influential thank Koren

I love that there are ultras fighting for a club owned and named after a soft drink company and another group fighting for a club owned by an oil tycoon named after a club in England

You couldnt make this shit up

Don't care if the club is owned by my family, fuck getting into a fight over soccer in America, end up getting shot by a cop.

lol jk I'm white so it's all good.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully not

I'd take if it was done properly. Chances of that have got to be slim though. 

The seppos run from March to October, so in theory we could maybe get someone for a couple of months, which would allow that person 2 months break before their next season starts.

Is it worth getting a superstar for say 8 to 10 games?  This time around they should arrive fit at least, but will still take a while to jell (though coming from NYC instead of a top European club they will at least be more used to playing with ordinary footballers).

One things for sure, one player, no matter how good, only has a small impact on a side.  They can't pass the ball to themselves and can't be everywhere making tackles. So a guest player won't be a panacea, but if we are playing well they could add a bit of extra flair to make us even harder to knock over.

Unless they're a striker I just don't see it happening without it causing the squad to be unsettled. Lampard or pirlo playing in midfield means one of Mooy or Koren will get the boot and either won't be happy. Villa is the only one that makes sense, especially now with Novillo potentially looking to miss the first month of the season. 

Edited by n i k o

Unless they're a striker I just don't see it happening without it causing the squad to be unsettled. Lampard or pirlo playing in midfield means one of Mooy or Koren will get the boot and either won't be happy. Villa is the only one that makes sense, especially now with Novillo potentially looking to miss the first month of the season. 

And at least Villa is somewhat more familiar with the club and the league,

I dont want a guest player again. I just thi k its going to happen. Although thw Only thing im basing the guest stint on is munn saying 14k members and only a pirlo or lampard will give us a chance to reach that. 

I think I agree with you now. The players we've got should be able to do the job. 

IMO FFA has made the "guest player" situation worse by extending his stint to 14 matches. Might as well have gone the whole hog and made the spot a third marquee spot. Then you could plan the squad accordingly, but otherwise I'm leaning towards the view that a guest player under the new rules could well be disruptive, as per Niko's post above.