Melbourne Football

New York City FC

Nate

• 1 month later...

Probably.

We just can't field a consistent starting 11. Constantly guys out with injuries, international games, whatever.

We'll get it going though, I'm sure.

That's what we thought. Into last round and same old story.

Can't bag CFG about their consistency across the 3 City's.

Our injuries have been a blessing in disguise though

Losing Wielaert sure as fuck was. You have to wonder how the Sheik feels though all three teams are under performing.

Multi-nationals are not always a good way to run a business. People get too comfortable hiding away in their corner office somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if that's happening at Melbourne City - we have exactly the same number of levels of local management as we did when Melbourne Heart, and CFG superimposes a couple of layers on top of Munn. After 15 months all we've succeeded in doing is getting rid of a non-performing "Fan Engagement Officer."

Edited by jw1739

Probably.

We just can't field a consistent starting 11. Constantly guys out with injuries, international games, whatever.

We'll get it going though, I'm sure.

On a more serious note...I wonder, is it the style of play, or our training, or both, that is contributing to the high incidence rate of injuries? In asking that, I'm assuming that we are adopting some common approaches across the CFG.

Duff was a big loss. Especially with Kennedy arriving. Duff + Kennedy = plenty of goals.

I thought Benny was playing well when he went down too, so he was a significant loss.

Would choose Gooch on the wing over Koren anyday

• Like 1

Duff was a big loss. Especially with Kennedy arriving. Duff + Kennedy = plenty of goals.

I thought Benny was playing well when he went down too, so he was a significant loss.

Would choose Gooch on the wing over Koren anyday

They way Koren is going out there Ramsay looks  good, god forbid.

• Like 1

I thought Benny was playing well when he went down too, so he was a significant loss. Would choose Gooch on the wing over Koren anyday

They way Koren is going out there Ramsay looks good, god forbid.

#ramsey4marquee

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't win with Spain at the WC except for the pity and generosity of Australia
Couldn't win with Melbourne City
And now can't win with NYCFC

It's clear to me now that David Villa is the weak link at CFG.

lol Just lost the first derby even though RBNY went down to 10 men.

Most of the comments on their Facebook page are fans complaining about the coach.

Welcome to the family guys!

No doubt after this result CFG will extend his contract and send a lifetime supply of whatever spray tan JVS uses. Ultimate brand synergy.

• Like 1

lol Just lost the first derby even though RBNY went down to 10 men.

Most of the comments on their Facebook page are fans complaining about the coach.

Welcome to the family guys!

What I find difficult to understand is at least their coach has proven he can win silverwear. Whereas for us there's no proof that JVS, throughout his whole career, can even get close to winning anything for us.

• Like 1

NYCFC's shitness could pose a serious problem to us.

CFG could well see our exit in the semi-final as a sort of pass mark for their first season at the reins and if NYCFC continue being this poor, their attention will be drawn that way.