Melbourne Football

are you a cityzen?

silverdust

I think I may have misunderstood the "points for Match Attendance (Home)." I thought it meant that each time I went to a match I would receive an additional 20 points. I went to the match against CCM, but don't see an additional 20 points for doing so. Now I think you receive the 20 points only if you buy an additional match-day ticket.

What is everyone else's interpretation?

QUESTIONS:

If i am not a member but attend games - do i receive the additional points?

If i purchase a ticket to the game, how do they know its me so i can receive my points?

Anyone received "the pack" yet?  

Why the need for a cityzen card?

I havn't received my points for the instagram likes.

At least we don't have to buy a membership to be a cityzen member, which is different to the UK.

This whole thing looks like it could have been put together a little better.

And a final to add:

If i want to purchase the 

Home Match Ticket
UNAVAILABLE
1010.jpgmagnifying_glass_25x25.png
In Stock 
85/100

How do i do it?

Everything seems to be unavailable.

Edited by markn

just unfollowed and followed the clubs insta and twitter accounts and got a cheap 100 points. entered the comp to bring the ball out in the boxing day match and the NYC trip.

anyone know what that cityzen card is?

and i just checked my account and i have 300 points. this is very confusing 

It's 20 points per game you attend as a member. It's likely the system just hasn't updated yet. They've only just rolled it out so there is bound to be some teething issues. At the end of the day it is something for nothing really...

Well not completely nothing, you have to commit "to being a cityzen" and presumably being labelled a CFG global club clones fan.

I'm not prepared to do that for a few discounts on stuff I probably won't buy anyway. 

• Like 1

I just did the "Cityzens Giving", but my points total doesn't update at all.

Have e-mailed to ask them how it is all supposed to work.

Edit: Just checked my wife's membership to find she has no points at all...

I'm with you.

Liking and re-tweeting every day (twitter and instagram), and finding novel ways to tweet @melbournecity with the words #together - and occasionally i get 5 additional points.

Viewing you tube and commenting still has not added a point to my account.

I emailed to ask how i could have my game attendances points added to my account - but no reply.

I like the idea of my support being genuine, rather than being forced or contrived (or hash tagged) just to gain some points as a Cityzen (is that what we supporters are now called??)

Don't necessarily hate the concept and it will obviously appeal to many, but not really for me ... will have to give it some time to see if it grows on me. 

FYI, I had an answer to my e-mail.

We will all be receiving a Cityzens Membership Package soon, explaining how it all works.

In answer to my specific questions:

- once it's up and running, yes, each time you swipe your membership card to gain entry to a home match 20 points will be added to your total; this should occur within one week of the match.

- again once it's up and running every member will receive 10 points each time City score a goal (but I'm not sure whether that's just at home or all goals); again to be added within one week.

Edited by jw1739

Why don't they just use all the money that's going into this to reduce the cost of a membership instead?

I have no idea. But I'm guessing that there is a view that people like to feel part of some form of "supporters family" that now extends around the world, and that that will encourage people to stay loyal to City once they've joined up, where as a cheap membership is just that - a cheap membership that you take advantage of if you feel like it. Whether that "supporters family" sort of thing appeals in Australia I'm not sure.

I wonder if being a Cityzen would count for anything if you rocked up to a game in Manchester and wanted to buy a ticket?

You only get points once a day for each category eg 5 points for one retweet but also 5 points for two retweets. Ditto on the hashtag. And the giving points will be allocated in Dec I think it said on the site?

Having said that I've not even been getting points I should have been getting, so.

Also we should get bonus 'sorry we were completely shit and got thrashed 5-1' points.