Melbourne Football

are you a cityzen?

silverdust

Tesla, when you refer to a "sportsubs" password you mean the one I use to get into Melbourne City pages such as the on-line shop, membership renewal, the new Cityzens, etc.?

Yes. Membership renewals and merchandise are done by sportsubs. This new cityzens portal, while I dont think the actual portal is provided by sportsubs, it does use the sportsubs account information to handle logins.

If you log in here you can change your password (for all of it) https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/melbournecity

Edited by Tesla

Have signed up and have a few points now.  

The site is a little vague - as it doesn't detail how points are registered if you attend a home match.

Nor does it give me the option to purchase tickets etc.

How do you even obtain the "I am a Cityzen" Card?

Am i meant to scan this card as i enter the ground?

Tesla, when you refer to a "sportsubs" password you mean the one I use to get into Melbourne City pages such as the on-line shop, membership renewal, the new Cityzens, etc.?

Yes. Membership renewals and merchandise are done by sportsubs. This new cityzens portal, while I dont think the actual portal is provided by sportsubs, it does use the sportsubs account information to handle logins.

If you log in here you can change your password (for all of it) https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/melbournecity

Thanks. It's the only place I use that password.

• Like 1

Have signed up and have a few points now.  

The site is a little vague - as it doesn't detail how points are registered if you attend a home match.

Nor does it give me the option to purchase tickets etc.

How do you even obtain the "I am a Cityzen" Card?

Am i meant to scan this card as i enter the ground?

Doesn't recognise my membership, the games I've already attended or the merch I've already purchased. Won't be buying more merch just to get more points.

Seems to be coming on line gradually. For example, late this afternoon I had 0 points, but now I now have 300 points for being a member, but nothing for the two home matches I've attended or the scarves I bought. 

Perhaps there's a start date for the matches and merchandise?

I don't recall too many of these things that worked first time under the old regime either. Whoever is implementing these things doesn't do enough road testing before going live. I recall the Morwell ticketing fiasco, a couple of surveys that stopped dead half way through, and it's taken until this season for my membership renewal to proceed smoothly.

Yeah, I know these global branding things are fairly nauseous to most people, but at least this is some recognition that we do exist as a supporter base. Hopefully it will get better with time.

I wonder how well it checks your tweets when awarding points. Like is it based on content or just hashtags and mentions? I can imagine getting points for saying "Wow our sky blue overlords are so wonderful and generous to us grateful fans! @MelbourneCity #together #cityzens" but would it also award points just for the mentions regardless of the content? Eg: "Sheik Mansour and his team of oil-lactating scum cronies have poisoned the soul of my beloved club and I want them and their sky-blue shit out. @MelbourneCity #together #cityzens"

• Like 3

I wonder how well it checks your tweets when awarding points. Like is it based on content or just hashtags and mentions? I can imagine getting points for saying "Wow our sky blue overlords are so wonderful and generous to us grateful fans! @MelbourneCity #together #cityzens" but would it also award points just for the mentions regardless of the content? Eg: "Sheik Mansour and his team of oil-lactating scum cronies have poisoned the soul of my beloved club and I want them and their sky-blue shit out. @MelbourneCity #together #cityzens"

My guess is that you're going to find out...?