Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

TTIM... iiNet must be the worst internet provider in the country by a mile. So much hassle to transfer an existing account from one house to another. FMD, after they say that the job is complete I still have to wait for 24-48 hours for my email service to resume. I still have internet and VOIP but no email. It shouldn't be so hard.

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM... iiNet must be the worst internet provider in the country by a mile. So much hassle to transfer an existing account from one house to another. FMD, after they say that the job is complete I still have to wait for 24-48 hours for my email service to resume. I still have internet and VOIP but no email. It shouldn't be so hard.

"Best customer service in the country" 

(It all went downhill when TPG bought them out) 

Edited by haz

• 1 month later...

TTIM... ...on a permanent basis - Australia Post. Three times in three weeks I have had items sent to me from metropolitan Melbourne to me here in Moorabbin that have first been sent to Melbourne Airport and then on two occasions sent to Sydney before being returned and ultimate (late) delivery. One "express post" item took two weeks to arrive after being posted in Reservoir! The latest item didn't make it to Sydney but from Thursday at the Airport it still hasn't made it to me here.

Most of AP's increased load of items must be a circulating load going backwards and forwards to various airports around the country. Its "system" just doesn't work efficiently. An absolute bloody disgrace. And if you raise an issue with AP it tells you that the investigation will only start when your item is 15 days overdue!

FMD, Cobb & Co. was faster than this mob.

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM... ...on a permanent basis - Australia Post. Three times in three weeks I have had items sent to me from metropolitan Melbourne to me here in Moorabbin that have first been sent to Melbourne Airport and then on two occasions sent to Sydney before being returned and ultimate (late) delivery. One "express post" item took two weeks to arrive after being posted in Reservoir! The latest item didn't make it to Sydney but from Thursday at the Airport it still hasn't made it to me here.

Most of AP's increased load of items must be a circulating load going backwards and forwards to various airports around the country. Its "system" just doesn't work efficiently. An absolute bloody disgrace. And if you raise an issue with AP it tells you that the investigation will only start when your item is 15 days overdue!

FMD, Cobb & Co. was faster than this mob.

My brother use to work for them, can confirm they're the most useless cunts out there.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Mate, when I was a kid not even the milk bars were open.

When I lived in Tassie there was the "petrol station rostering" system. Don't know whether they still have it. FMD, we need to jerk Australia into the 21st century. The simplest of things. Today trying to book a CT scan at the hospital up the road - 15 minutes listening to "All our operators are busy just now. One of our team will be with you shortly." The inefficiencies are staggering.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

When I lived in Tassie there was the "petrol station rostering" system. Don't know whether they still have it. FMD, we need to jerk Australia into the 21st century. The simplest of things. Today trying to book a CT scan at the hospital up the road - 15 minutes listening to "All our operators are busy just now. One of our team will be with you shortly." The inefficiencies are staggering.

Don't forget that trading during PH was the norm due to religious reasons. In Victoria the laws were passed in 1905 when some local religious zealots got elected and pushed it through. Bringing it into the 21st century would require to run counter to the evangelicals now that the Catholic Church is busy fending off the ped lawsuits.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TTIM...the absence of a simple, responsible and convenient way to deal with recyclable items in Australia. If I follow the guidelines issued by my local council on dealing with all the recyclables that my life produces I would, every month, spend hours and hours and no little money on going here, there and everywhere in Melbourne to be "responsible." So, like most people, I don't. We're only scratching the surface with what we do now.

It irks me too that stores that are so keen on eliminating single-use plastic bags continue to sell many items, especially imported ones, that are in non-recyclable packaging.

TTIM....Myki. Truly, this system is stuffed. Twice I've gone on-line to set up an auto top-top for two cards, in both cases have received a "receipt" and reference number for the transaction, only for nothing to happen at all and when I call the Help line they can't even find the reference number that I received for the transactions.

This "system" is so clunky it's unbelievable.

On 15/06/2022 at 12:53 PM, jw1739 said:

TTIM...the absence of a simple, responsible and convenient way to deal with recyclable items in Australia. If I follow the guidelines issued by my local council on dealing with all the recyclables that my life produces I would, every month, spend hours and hours and no little money on going here, there and everywhere in Melbourne to be "responsible." So, like most people, I don't. We're only scratching the surface with what we do now.

It irks me too that stores that are so keen on eliminating single-use plastic bags continue to sell many items, especially imported ones, that are in non-recyclable packaging.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/60-minutes-plastic-australian-recycling-malaysia-china/e1a06745-9b35-4b15-85cb-32168ef9b440

majority just ends up in a tip somewhere here or overseas, no need to waste all your energy sorting through it in your free time

Edited by Young Polak

On 22/06/2022 at 12:32 PM, Young Polak said:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/60-minutes-plastic-australian-recycling-malaysia-china/e1a06745-9b35-4b15-85cb-32168ef9b440

majority just ends up in a tip somewhere here or overseas, no need to waste all your energy sorting through it in your free time

I read that at the time. It also shits me that supermarket chains make a big deal of banning one type of plastic bag whilst at the same time selling a big chunk of their items in non-recyclable containers, especially imported items. Likewise councils making a big deal of "saving" a few tons of food waste (all biodegradeable) by putting it in our "green bins" - which most people don't do because after waiting a fortnight for collection it stinks to high heaven.

These token programs don't address the real issue.

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I read that at the time. It also shits me that supermarket chains make a big deal of banning one type of plastic bag whilst at the same time selling a big chunk of their items in non-recyclable containers, especially imported items. Likewise councils making a big deal of "saving" a few tons of food waste (all biodegradeable) by putting it in our "green bins" - which most people don't do because after waiting a fortnight for collection it stinks to high heaven.

These token programs don't address the real issue.

https://www.3aw.com.au/more-businesses-bombarded-with-fridges-they-didnt-ask-for/

• Haha 1