Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: people who send (instigate) online messages after winning a computing game (ie FIFA21) to gloat / offend their opponent despite acting like a cheap prick towards the end of the game (ie predominately knocking the ball around the backline to waste time).

Complete lack of class

Edited by mattyh001
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

TTIM: Australia's so-called vaccination "rollout." Fuck, so far all it is is a few incarcerated oldies and frontline workers plus photoshoot opportunities for politicians and senior bureaucrats in the health services. I doubt that our governments plural could run anything efficiently and effectively.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Jeez I'm sick to death hearing about how tough it is for Harry and Mrs. Windsor.

What shits me most about this grubby little pair is their attack on QE2, because whatever you think about the monarchy/republicanism etc.(and I'm a monarchist mainly on the basis of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it") I don't think that there's any doubt that HM has served her country with dignity and grace throughout her time as the monarch. By attacking the institution of the monarchy they are attacking HM personally, in Harry's case  his own grandmother, knowing full well that she is in a position in which she cannot reply. If I were HM I would strip these little turds of all their titles, Mr. Windsor's Princedom, and stamp both their passports "Not valid for re-entry to the United Kingdom."

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

What shits me most about this grubby little pair is their attack on QE2, because whatever you think about the monarchy/republicanism etc.(and I'm a monarchist mainly on the basis of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it") I don't think that there's any doubt that HM has served her country with dignity and grace throughout her time as the monarch. By attacking the institution of the monarchy they are attacking HM personally, in Harry's case  his own grandmother, knowing full well that she is in a position in which she cannot reply. If I were HM I would strip these little turds of all their titles, Mr. Windsor's Princedom, and stamp both their passports "Not valid for re-entry to the United Kingdom."

I have not followed any of it. My only misfortune is that sometimes I scan teh headlines but for me it merely re-affirms my opinion of Americans.

• Like 1

TTIM: Grunters at the gym. Seriously, fuck off with your grunting. 

TTIM: Those same grunters that use the gym as some sort of fuckin personal training circuit. They set up 3 barbells and dumbbells in walking spaces and jump between those and 3 machines doing single sets, hogging the joint, sweating all over the place, fkn running, burping, farting, smelling like shit and just being annoying cunts. Go do that shit at a roid munching gym not a fkn snap fitness. 

• Like 3

On 16/03/2021 at 6:48 PM, HeartFc said:

TTIM: Grunters at the gym. Seriously, fuck off with your grunting. 

TTIM: Those same grunters that use the gym as some sort of fuckin personal training circuit. They set up 3 barbells and dumbbells in walking spaces and jump between those and 3 machines doing single sets, hogging the joint, sweating all over the place, fkn running, burping, farting, smelling like shit and just being annoying cunts. Go do that shit at a roid munching gym not a fkn snap fitness. 

To add to this:

TTIM: women's only areas in unusex gyms.

Why should I have to pay a full membership fee when I'm not allowed to use a certain section of the gym?

There are plenty of women only gyms that you could go to instead, space is taken away from the majority of people in order to serve the minority. Just bizzare.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2021 at 10:19 AM, kingofhearts said:

To add to this:

TTIM: women's only areas in unusex gyms.

Why should I have to pay a full membership fee when I'm not allowed to use a certain section of the gym?

There are plenty of women only gyms that you could go to instead, space is taken away from the majority of people in order to serve the minority. Just bizzare.

Mate, I'll do you one better. Casey Arc gym run by Casey council used to close the gym 2 hours on early on a Friday night coz of female Muslim swim group (gym was in swimming complex). No males were allowed in the whole building, even the security and life guards had to be female! LOL. I cancelled my membership after 1 month. 

• 3 weeks later...

TTIM: Daylight Saving. Changing the clocks twice every year. So many of them - numerous appliances, two cars, and several old clocks, all of which have to be done manually. People's leisure habits have changed dramatically since the introduction of "daylight saving" ("summer time") and IMO it's outdated, unnecessary and a pain in the arse.

• Thanks 2

On 04/04/2021 at 10:27 AM, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Daylight Saving. Changing the clocks twice every year. So many of them - numerous appliances, two cars, and several old clocks, all of which have to be done manually. People's leisure habits have changed dramatically since the introduction of "daylight saving" ("summer time") and IMO it's outdated, unnecessary and a pain in the arse.

Yeah being dark at 7:30am is amazing. 

TTIM: Public complaints being made about some trivial thing somebody did years ago. In the case of Ben McGregor, a Labor candidate in Tassie, over a text message he sent seven years' ago.

Who hasn't got something in their past that they shouldn't have, and wouldn't do if they had their time over again?

Seems to me to be political and social correctness carried a step too far.

On 04/04/2021 at 10:27 AM, jw1739 said:

Strongly disagree, daylight savings is a good thing. I miss it a lot and I reckon its one of the reasons why Brisbane is a ghost town by 9pm. Trust me, an early sunrise is a waste of light and its only good for those boomers who walk their ugly rat dogs at 4:30am.

• Like 1

TTIM: Australia Post. Full of COVID-19 excuses for delayed deliveries. During the lockdown I rediscovered my vinyl and CD "collection" and have ben buying a few items from a site called Discogs - recommended if anyone is interested in that sort of thing. My parcel from Denmark took a few days to depart Coopenhagen (understandable) and arrived in Brisbane on 7th April. Took 6 days to get to the "next facility" in Melbourne. Today it's on board for delivery from Edithvale of all places. WTF is it doing there when the "nearest facility" is Moorabbin just down the road?

Service from AP is inversely proportional to the CEO's salary.

• Like 1

TTIM: Real Estate Agents. *Incoming Spicy Rant*

I understand the Brisbane market is retarded right now but these fkn scumbag human garbage have made an art of wasting people's time. 

First house I inspect is listed for $280k in Logan, I put in an offer of 308K after viewing (10% over asking price). Agent calls me 4 hours later and asks me if I'd like to make an offer over 350k... 25% over the asking price. I was gobsmacked by the cunts arrogance to grossly underquote and say "sorry its a hot market". Thats fine cunt, list it for 320K+ and stop wasting my fkn time. He knew very well it was going to go over 330K but wanted to create a buzz by getting 60 people to view it. What a fuck wit.

Next house. Next dumbcunt. Priced accordingly but this moron spends 10 minutes telling me how many buyers viewed the property that day. Apparently 50 buyers viewed it that day and I was one of the last, it was 2pm. I asked what intervals he was doing the private inspections, 15 minutes... quick maths, he pumped that number x2.5 thinking he was going to send me into some FOMO frenzy. Didn't annoy me too much coz he was honest about the house and area. House was full of mould and neighbours were ice heads with a deck chair hanging off their gutter... must've been one hell of a party. 

(Last one really pissed me off) Next house was a little bigger and better area, listed for offers between 320-340k. I inspect the property for 20 minutes, take some measurements etc then speak to agent at the end. The fkn scumbag pulls out and hands me a printed building inspection from the month before showing the house failed and fell through based on a long list of faults. I drove over an hour to get there, then had to drive up the m1 in peak hour due to the open house being at 5:30pm, took me an hour and a half to get home. I felt like spitting in the cunts face. Best part was he was genuinely surprised when I threw the building inspection report on the kitchen bench and walked out without saying a word. I guess when I called him earlier that day he just didn't think it was worth telling me about the building inspection. Its all about creating a show and hoping some spastic panic bids way over. Shows me these assholes simply get away with treating people like shit and never get any push back.

Well well well, Welcome to 1 star google review fellas. Me, my wife and my 2 dummy business accounts will enjoy giving our feedback. 

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: AFLW. City's win last night ranked 7th on the ABC Sport news stories this morning. It's now moved to second, still behind (no pun intended) a story on Jeff Kennett and a piccy of AFLW players in shorty shorts.

It was their Grand Final on Saturday. I'd be disappointed if they didn't lead with that. 

On 13/04/2021 at 10:54 AM, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Australia Post. Full of COVID-19 excuses for delayed deliveries. During the lockdown I rediscovered my vinyl and CD "collection" and have ben buying a few items from a site called Discogs - recommended if anyone is interested in that sort of thing. My parcel from Denmark took a few days to depart Coopenhagen (understandable) and arrived in Brisbane on 7th April. Took 6 days to get to the "next facility" in Melbourne. Today it's on board for delivery from Edithvale of all places. WTF is it doing there when the "nearest facility" is Moorabbin just down the road?

My latest item was in the sorting facility in "South-East Melbourne" yesterday, and due for delivery today. This morning I find it's been sent to Sydney.

FMD.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Entities that ask you for feedback on their website or service and take fuck all notice of what you tell them.

Having been in a voice of the customer squad (lame corporate speak) at a previous organisation, it gets read. Mostly they're just too incompetent or underfunded to do anything about it. Make it funny or brutal those are the ones that get taken notice of

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

TTIM: the Politix ad featuring City players.  just shit.

Wanky as fuck but good for the club to get sponsors.

TTIM: car shopping second hand cars.

So many dodgy mofos out there. The fact I'm not the greatest with car knowledge either doesn't help.

On 13/04/2021 at 10:54 AM, jw1739 said:

Fucking AP. Ordered a vinyl single from Adelaide off discogs, took two fucking weeks to get to Melbourne. From Adelaide. Insane.

On 18/05/2021 at 5:31 AM, TJV said:

Fucking AP. Ordered a vinyl single from Adelaide off discogs, took two fucking weeks to get to Melbourne. From Adelaide. Insane.

@TJV In contrast, I had two LPs from the UK arrive just 7 days after placing the order. It's just ridiculous that it is so hit and miss. It seems that if the item is directed correctly in the first place it gets delivered smoothly. Once there's a hitch here in Australia, anything could happen - and does. What did your tracking look like from Adelaide to here? My item was in and out the Royal Mail overseas sorting depot at Langley (Heathrow) in just a couple of hours and nothing went amiss after that.

• 1 month later...
On 11/07/2021 at 9:53 AM, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Oh God, now there'll be a wankfest over Barty winning the women's title at Wimbers. I note that already "it's a miracle."

Lol she won a major sporting tournament representing Australia, why aren't we happy for her?

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/09/2021 at 10:38 AM, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Expiry dates on Myki cards.

Especially in the middle of a lockdown, when there are (supposed to be) only five reasons to leave your home. A perfect example of  government leaders making policy while other instruments of government and authorities make no changes to their own activities in order to support the policy.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

TTIM: I just had to go through an identification verification process with the Commonwealth Bank because I hold a Power-of-Attorney for my late wife's mother who has an account with that bank. Terrorism and anti-Money Laundering laws.

Two hold-on waiting period totalling 50 minutes, and one failed call-back from the bank.

FMD the old lady is about to tick over 99 years old. FMD also - so much information required. We can all forget any pretence of privacy in this country. We might as well have a National i.d card and be done with it. It would be a lot simpler.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: I just had to go through an identification verification process with the Commonwealth Bank because I hold a Power-of-Attorney for my late wife's mother who has an account with that bank. Terrorism and anti-Money Laundering laws.

Two hold-on waiting period totalling 50 minutes, and one failed call-back from the bank.

FMD the old lady is about to tick over 99 years old. FMD also - so much information required. We can all forget any pretence of privacy in this country. We might as well have a National i.d card and be done with it. It would be a lot simpler.

A lot of people have come to that conclusion. I still oppose the ID card, the problem is that I don't know how to fix the money laundering or blind trusts.

26 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

A lot of people have come to that conclusion. I still oppose the ID card, the problem is that I don't know how to fix the money laundering or blind trusts.

I wouldn't mind so much if the i.d. requests were reasonable. I'm only the PoA, not the account holder, but in any case, of what possible relevance is the year I retired in? As for checking my credit rating, the last time I borrowed any money pre-dates the advent of computers.

TTIM: Relentless gambling ad's when watching sport.

Advertising has always been shit but the amount of Gambling advertisements when watching the footy for example is just getting plain ridiculous.I feel like I end up knowing more about all the different betting markets compared to remembering the sport I just watched.

Doesn't help too that the ad's they produce are unfunny and shit.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

TTIM: Relentless gambling ad's when watching sport.

Advertising has always been shit but the amount of Gambling advertisements when watching the footy for example is just getting plain ridiculous.I feel like I end up knowing more about all the different betting markets compared to remembering the sport I just watched.

Doesn't help too that the ad's they produce are unfunny and shit.

When I'm at AAMI the ads that irk me are the ones that flash on and off around the boundary wall. I always think they must be distracting for the players. I guess though that overall it's just relentless advertising wherever you go, even on tollways.

That said however, other places around the world are far worse than here in Australia. Even in the past, pictures of 19C London are worth a look at!

• Haha 1