Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: the cringe shit people write in emails. I probably receive 200+ emails a day at work so it really takes its toll. Worst three have to be:

1. 'Happy Friday'

2. Even worse, 'Happy Monday'

3. 'e-meet'

What the fuck is wrong with people.

Edited by Tesla

32 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Wtf is E-meet?!

"An e-meeting is any meeting that takes place over an electronic medium, as opposed to the traditional face-to-face form."

Let's face it (or, perhaps, let's not) people have "e-friends," so I presume that they "e-meet" on a regular basis. At "virtual venues" of course. Perhaps they also have "e-lunches" and "e-dinners" - would save on corkage I suppose.

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

TTIM: the cringe shit people write in emails. I probably receive 200+ emails a day at work so it really takes its toll. Worst three have to be:

1. 'Happy Friday'

2. Even worse, 'Happy Monday'

3. 'e-meet'

What the fuck is wrong with people.

I think the worst I've had is "Happy Hallowe'en." Didn't the club have a "Happy" day for some Islamic "day" a while back? Inclusivity I suppose.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

"An e-meeting is any meeting that takes place over an electronic medium, as opposed to the traditional face-to-face form."

Let's face it (or, perhaps, let's not) people have "e-friends," so I presume that they "e-meet" on a regular basis. At "virtual venues" of course. Perhaps they also have "e-lunches" and "e-dinners" - would save on corkage I suppose.

Have you ever heard of IMVU?

12 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Well that is exactly what I've been saying.

12 months in Germany, and youd be lucky to recieve an email that is just a date/meeting and instructions. No soft cock shit. Just straight to the point.

Even for the department christmas party

1. The christmas party is on Friday...... at......

2. Click accept if you can attended....

3. Tick what meals you want on the attached excel document....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, haz said:

12 months in Germany, and youd be lucky to recieve an email that is just a date/meeting and instructions. No soft cock shit. Just straight to the point.

Even for the department christmas party

1. The christmas party is on Friday...... at......

2. Click accept if you can attended....

3. Tick what meals you want on the attached excel document....

Germany was great when I was there. Everything is structured and regimented and nearly everyone follows procedure. 

Edited by n i k o

14 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Germany was great when I was there. Everything is structured

German efficiency is a myth. The 'efficiency' feeling is due to how structured everything is.

But this is a bad thing if you ever have to get anything done through the goverment.... paperwork, more paperwork, do paperwork for another department, get a letter in the mail saying you have to collect your document at the government office (they dont mail things), go to the office sign more documents, go to a counter in another room and pay for the document, go back to the orginal room and show your receipt, get your residency card.

Ive had to do this on 3 different occasions. All my paperwork and proof of work etc. were fine, its just the procedure. Its even worse if youre a refugee.

14 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Nearly everyone follows procedure.

The train etiquette is so much better then Melbourne

Edited by haz

10 minutes ago, haz said:

German efficiency is a myth. The 'efficiency' feeling is due to how structured everything is.

But this is a bad thing if you ever have to get anything done through the goverment.... paperwork, more paperwork, do paperwork for another department, get a letter in the mail saying you have to collect your document at the government office (they dont mail things), go to the office sign more documents, go to a counter in another room and pay for the document, go back to the orginal room and show your receipt, get your residency card.

Ive had to do this on 3 different occasions. All my paperwork and proof of work etc. were fine, its just the procedure. Its even worse if youre a refugee.

The train etiquette is so much better then Melbourne

Agree with you. Being there I didn't get the feeling of efficiency. It's the structure. Which in a way can make things more efficient but like you say there's things that make the procure more difficult and in turn less efficient. 

The train system and etiquette is great. Same as the roads, people generally follow the rules and stay in the correct lanes. Only time I ran into an issue was when some guy wouldn't move for a few km out of the fast lane on the autobahn. Granted he was doing 160-180kmh and I was trying to do 200+, but still. They also don't cross roads unless they get a green man and they stay on the right side of escalators to allow people to walk past. Difficult to return back here where a lot of people don't give a shit about anyone else. 

Edited by n i k o

ye I don't get this obsession with communication through email when someone is 3 meters away from me in the same office. Sure some shit needs to be put in writing but saying theres left over cake from Linda's Birthday in the lunchroom fridge with 35 people CC'd is fucking retarded.

Edit: Come to think of it,  it comes down to HR and office fatties. If one was to stand up and announce there's cake in the lunch room the office fatties would feel uncomfortable about waddling to the lunch within 2 minutes of the word cake being screamed. Most people ignore emails (at least I do) for as long as possible so that gives the fatties a chance to not feel bad about kill themselves with sugar. 

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Same as the roads, people generally follow the rules and stay in the correct lanes. Only time I ran into an issue was when some guy wouldn't move for a few km out of the fast lane on the autobahn. Granted he was doing 160-180kmh and I was trying to do 200+, but still.

Gotta flash your lights.

Fastest ive been on the Autobahn was 270kph in a work car. Wasnt driving though, my gonads arnt big enough

I went back to Australia at the start of the year for a month, and yea the difference is huge!

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, haz said:

Gotta flash your lights.

Fastest ive been on the Autobahn was 270kph in a work car. Wasnt driving though, my gonads arnt big enough

I went back to Australia at the start of the year for a month, and yea the difference is huge!

Ah will remember in future. 270kmh is crazy fast. I got to 250km in the brand new 911 GTS. Shit starts to move by pretty quick at any of those speeds lol.

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Ah will remember in future. 270kmh is crazy fast. I got to 250km in the brand new 911 GTS. Shit starts to move by pretty quick at any of those speeds lol.

How did you afford a 911? :wub:

Was it one of those day hires from Porsche?

24 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Rules are made to be broken 

Actually my brother said teh same thing before we went to Japan for holidays. then he got on a crowded train and realised that some rules are damned good rules. It still conflicts him that Japanese are so well regimented but given the population density and how safe it is for kids, he has no answer.

53 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Actually my brother said teh same thing before we went to Japan for holidays. then he got on a crowded train and realised that some rules are damned good rules. It still conflicts him that Japanese are so well regimented but given the population density and how safe it is for kids, he has no answer.

Yeah I obey rules too. Too many suck though.

55 minutes ago, haz said:

Yea they broke some rules about 80 years ago.... didnt end up to well

No, they made up lots of new evil ones.

cant be a Jew for instance, being the most infamous.

51 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: The newer trams on the Melbourne system. The vehicles themselves look bigger than before, but they have fuck all actual seats inside. Very poor design from a passenger point of view.

Theyre able to hold more people which equals more money

11 hours ago, HeartFc said:

TTIM: People telling me stories about cute shit their kids did last night. I don't give a fuck.

Even worse when it's their grandchildren. It's the second item on the agenda of all grandparent oldies; the first is the "holiday" they've just returned from and the one they're planning next.

44 minutes ago, n i k o said:

TTIM: Serena Williams. Saw an opening to attack a man in support of 'feminism.' Take some responsibility for your own on court behaviour and shut the fuck up. 

That was fkn EM-BARRA-SSING. Queen of cringe status has been reached after that display, what a fkn entitled fuck she is. 

If anyone wants to jack off to it, here it is...

16 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

That was fkn EM-BARRA-SSING. Queen of cringe status has been reached after that display, what a fkn entitled fuck she is. 

Disgrace. The best part was where she used her new motherhood as a reason why she couldn't be a cheat. Tell that to my neighbour with seven kids that has used her situation to rort the system. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Disgrace. The best part was where she used her new motherhood as a reason why she couldn't be a cheat. Tell that to my neighbour with seven kids that has used her situation to rort the system. 

I still think she's a man. Her testosterone levels would be greater than mine.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Yes, that was an absolute disgrace. Dragging her daughter - how old is she, a few months? - into the whole unseemly performance.

5 hours ago, HeartFc said:

That's what happens when you marry a redditor. Fucking dickhead

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Turnbull. More like Turncoat. Politicians who have had their time in the sun should retire gracefully and keep their mouths shut. 

He will be popping up on the ABC so much from now he may as well anchor the news... will credit himself with same sex marriage just like Fraser did with Vietnamese Immigration.

Personally I think we should have a Referendum to state in our constitution to state no more Malcom's' can be PM.

• Like 2