Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Very much a European and if I'm not mistaken South American thing. Appreciation that you didn't die. I'm usually so happy to finally have arrived that the clapping doesn't bother me. 

4 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Does that actually happen in Australia? Only ever seen it in Europe tbh

Yeah, it's normally European from what I understand, but I had a plane full of people clap on a Sydney to Melbourne flight because there was a bit of turbulence on landing. If they couldn't land through that they should have their pilot license taken away

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Embee said:

Yeah, it's normally European from what I understand, but I had a plane full of people clap on a Sydney to Melbourne flight because there was a bit of turbulence on landing. If they couldn't land through that they should have their pilot license taken away

Maybe they were just clapping because they were so happy to be in Melbourne. Don't sweat the small stuff Embee :up: 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Very much a European and if I'm not mistaken South American thing. Appreciation that you didn't die. I'm usually so happy to finally have arrived that the clapping doesn't bother me. 

Ye can confirm, plane full of argos did it when arriving in BA, I thought for a second some one was juggling up the front or something. Chinese did too when I was there a couple years ago.

Funny though, statistically you're far more likely to die in a taxi back from the airport but I doubt anyone claps for the taxi driver. Although not dying on the roads in a 3rd world country is very much appreciated by me and I always tip drivers who don't drive crazy and don't try and rip me off. Helps other tourists in the long run and eventually we can train the drivers like dogs. Be good, get a reward. 

3 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Ye can confirm, plane full of argos did it when arriving in BA, I thought for a second some one was juggling up the front or something. Chinese did too when I was there a couple years ago.

Funny though, statistically you're far more likely to die in a taxi back from the airport but I doubt anyone claps for the taxi driver. Although not dying on the roads in a 3rd world country is very much appreciated by me and I always tip drivers who don't drive crazy and don't try and rip me off. Helps other tourists in the long run and eventually we can train the drivers like dogs. Be good, get a reward. 

I went to my honeymoon mid this year in South America and a bit of Mexico, and the first thing I learnt was were pretty lucky to be established by the Poms and not Spain or Portugal because I know PPL have their complaints about how stuff works over here...

But shit works like clockwork here compared to over there, And its not tradition here to just do what the fuck you want when in lines and the such.

The second was the blokes are fucken annoying sleazes and will try any shitty angle just to have a pale blonde girl talk to back them.

I saw and did other enjoyable things that made the Trip worthwhile and great but I was expecting these positives in a way and not the negatives to but quite as bad as first thought... but coming close to being kidnapped in Peru isn't really peaceful.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

Definitely Latin American. They are all so nationalistic that they think that landing in a shit hole is worth clapping because its teh homeland. Although landing at Balmaceda airport was definitely worth clapping as the plane got buffeted by shearing winds from the Andes and from the Antarctica.

TTIM : every second that goes by without bitcoin/cryptocurrency crashing. 

I'm tired of hearing all these retards thinking they know wtf they're doing and justifying it with pseudo-economics. 

Literally just mindless gambling at this point, and as malloy said in the other thread, anyone that makes money it's  just because they  got out before the game of musical chairs ended. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

TTIM : every second that goes by without bitcoin/cryptocurrency crashing. 

I'm tired of hearing all these retards thinking they know wtf they're doing and justifying it with pseudo-economics. 

Literally just mindless gambling at this point, and as malloy said in the other thread, anyone that makes money it's  just because they  got out before the game of musical chairs ended. 

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, haz said:

image.jpeg

This is literally whats happening like 5m away from me, I can hear my neighbour on the phone for the past hour and a half talking crypto to someone and saying the most retarded shit like the banks are gonna be redundant in a few years time etc.

32 minutes ago, Tesla said:

This is literally whats happening like 5m away from me, I can hear my neighbour on the phone for the past hour and a half talking crypto to someone and saying the most retarded shit like the banks are gonna be redundant in a few years time etc.

I so far have made good gains for a student with limited money. I am cautious, but as long as I finish with $1 proft I am happy. I have become worried about the bubble since my sister asked me about how to invest in Bitcoin.....

I am unsure though if it will only be Bitcoin that bursts or the whole market, currently Bitcoin I think is 60 or 70% of the whole market cap. The technology in other coins isnt bad, but Bitcoin is way too valuable for its own good.

Edited by haz

17 hours ago, haz said:

Explain

We had to immediately change from a Hostel to a Hotel in Lima for a last night because a bloke (Who thought was nice at first) had him or his mates waiting outside the joint for us for over a day and a half to two days... BTW Lima is a shit hole.

The second time was we got into a stupid situation of being at a Bar in Cusco (Peru) where these dudes would not let us leave even when we said we were tired... and they were def criminals prob the main bloke a murderer TBH (Thats what others have said when I described it to those in the know) so we had to time when we would make a run for it.

Basically we got into this situations mainly because my Wife is Pale and with Blonde Hair  - So these types of blokes would either find us and not leave alone (Didn't matter what you said) or often lie to keep us around.

Edited by cadete

6 hours ago, cadete said:

We had to immediately change from a Hostel to a Hotel in Lima for a last night because a bloke (Who thought was nice at first) had him or his mates waiting outside the joint for us for over a day and a half to two days... BTW Lima is a shit hole.

The second time was we got into a stupid situation of being at a Bar in Cusco (Peru) where these dudes would not let us leave even when we said we were tired... and they were def criminals prob the main bloke a murderer TBH (Thats what others have said when I described it to those in the know) so we had to time when we would make a run for it.

Basically we got into this situations mainly because my Wife is Pale and with Blonde Hair  - So these types of blokes would either find us and not leave alone (Didn't matter what you said) or often lie to keep us around.

Sounds familar, at the 2010 World Cup a few members of our group got in very similar situations. Mainly because they decided to go to the dodgy 'Black Only' bars near Sowetto. They only missed out on being jumped/robbed/kidnapped after some guy leant over to them and said 'You must leave now' just before a large group was approaching them.

Edited by haz

6 hours ago, cadete said:

I look latino and I get in the same situation. Basically they know I am a foreigner. More than likely you were spotted miles away by the lookouts who then proceed to call in the heavies. The lookouts happen to be kids or teenagers stationed in homes or buildings. Those blokes would have been there even if you were with an Aussie-Latino. If you would have known locals then they would have left you alone.

On 12/19/2017 at 5:30 PM, NewConvert said:

I look latino and I get in the same situation. Basically they know I am a foreigner. More than likely you were spotted miles away by the lookouts who then proceed to call in the heavies. The lookouts happen to be kids or teenagers stationed in homes or buildings. Those blokes would have been there even if you were with an Aussie-Latino. If you would have known locals then they would have left you alone.

What described happened to me by myself in Lima when alone (The wife was visiting the Lines - which I did not want to see to justify the extra cost) and TBH I was really lucky because the two guys (Who I never saw together) following me did a really a good job. 

I was actually lucky to have some experience with making sure PPL aren't following you to harm you from the Dicier Interstate Trips I made as a Heart fan.

Edited by cadete

Driving down to Melbourne from Brisbane yesterday and stopped into Campbelltown maccas for a meal...

Every maccas stereotype you could think of within 30sqm: 

Couple of pregnant 14 yr olds wearing slippers, a bunch of maori's practicing their scales like they were back stage of the Xfactor, your chain smoking vietnamese herion dealer wearing sunglasses at 1:00am, couple of 'wez mi fkn nuggets' type abo's, your typical tweaked out ice junkie screaming at his backpack and few drunk mini skirt wearing skanks with make up smeared all over their faces. Topped off with a turd on floor in the toilets. Fkn Woweeeeeeeee quality stuff.

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

TTIM:  its not socially acceptable to fart in an office. 1- it's totally natural. 2- it's unhealthy to hold it in which causes health issues later on. 

If I were to do something in my office-  like sit in a chair positioned in a way that will most likely cause health problems in the future, I would be given paid time to talk to a consultant to put a plan together aimed at preventing work related injuries.

But I ask to talk to someone about being able to fart openly in the office and I am pulled into the managers office for a "chat" about my attitude

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

TTIM:  its not socially acceptable to fart in an office. 1- it's totally natural. 2- it's unhealthy to hold it in which causes health issues later on. 

If I were to do something in my office-  like sit in a chair positioned in a way that will most likely cause health problems in the future, I would be given paid time to talk to a consultant to put a plan together aimed at preventing work related injuries.

But I ask to talk to someone about being able to fart openly in the office and I am pulled into the managers office for a "chat" about my attitude

Or you could go to the bathroom for it and wash ur ass while ur st it

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

I can tell from that that you inhabit a carpeted office with chairs on castors.

I quote: "In my day we sat on wooden stools an a wooden floor. One of the things you had to master early in your career was the knack of coordinating the scraping noise of stool leg on floor with the the actual noise of your fart, and with suitable practice it was possible to adopt a buttock position that allowed the former sound to completely mask the latter sound. Of course, some people are uncoordinated chaps and could never achieve the required finesse, but they didn't last long in the Company. Paradoxically, the most talented stool-artists were the first to be promoted to a single-occupancy office, where their talents were no longer required and they could let rip to their heart's content. Most of us, though, remained in the open office, where, if we remained long enough as a team we could of needs attain almost symphonic perfection in our stool-leg scraping. Our star in the East India Company was coincidentally named Arthur - although an unprepossessing chap he could achieve almost perfect pitch with his left buttock. I'm not certain what happened to Arthur, although I did hear that he died not long after going out to Calcutta."

From the chapter entitled "Trade Winds" in "A Handbook of Office Etiquette in the East India Company."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I hadn't caught up with that one. I'm still fuming over the reaction to John Alexander's "pride" comment when his GP offered him a Disability Parking tag. Another outcry over a perfectly innocent remark.

Yea pretty much his nephew (I think 5 years old?) was wearing a princess costume. He posted a video on twitter with LH saying in the video "You arnt allowed to wear that". He even said it in the most jokingly voice

I understand to an extent if people get angry if he said that to a 35 year old gay man. But it's a kid, who has no clue about anything yet. It's just like those parents who demand their new born child does not get a Sex listed because they want him/her to be gender fluid. Fuck me dead, if you treat your child/baby with you weird fucking ideas of our course the kid will grow up with similar ones. The parents weren't right, that's just the environment the kid grew up in. Hell, kids get raised by wolfs and think they're wolfs their whole lives.

TTIM: Websites (e.g. ANZ on-line banking) and "essential" software (e.g. Google Chrome") that make major changes to design and where the various features are located without providing any information/instructions on where to find said features. So much time wasted trying to find the new way of doing some routine activity. Drives me mad.

• Like 2

On 28/12/2017 at 5:59 PM, haz said:

Yea pretty much his nephew (I think 5 years old?) was wearing a princess costume. He posted a video on twitter with LH saying in the video "You arnt allowed to wear that". He even said it in the most jokingly voice

I understand to an extent if people get angry if he said that to a 35 year old gay man. But it's a kid, who has no clue about anything yet. It's just like those parents who demand their new born child does not get a Sex listed because they want him/her to be gender fluid. Fuck me dead, if you treat your child/baby with you weird fucking ideas of our course the kid will grow up with similar ones. The parents weren't right, that's just the environment the kid grew up in. Hell, kids get raised by wolfs and think they're wolfs their whole lives.

The way we are going these kids are being taught they all going end to up thinking the bloody Catholic Church is cool - Just to rebel against their parents and teachers.

• 2 weeks later...