Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

2 hours ago, City Of Salem said:

fwiw i am not homophobic (one of my closest friends is gay. really, really gay -- even he doesn't give a stuff about this great clustercrap). i just think:

1- Its a legitimate waste of time and more importantly, money (high st is a mess and you're spending my tax money on what?)

2- marriage is a religious ideology (history depicts it so) and not just a "christian" ideology. 

3- gays typically dislike religion, so why would they want to invest in a traditionally religious practice? 

the whole thing just reeks of left wing victimism. 

bloody trying to apply for a night shift role for extra cash and i see this:

image.png.1bbdc623f675c8891272a6250ea2eb9c.png

how don't i get triggered? jesus this is retarded

One of the biggest proponents is Tim Wilson Liberal MP for Goldstein and a former IPA staffer. If you think that Tim Wilson or the IPA are left wing victims then you need your bearings reset.

7 hours ago, City Of Salem said:

fwiw i am not homophobic (one of my closest friends is gay. really, really gay -- even he doesn't give a stuff about this great clustercrap). i just think:

1- Its a legitimate waste of time and more importantly, money (high st is a mess and you're spending my tax money on what?)

2- marriage is a religious ideology (history depicts it so) and not just a "christian" ideology. 

3- gays typically dislike religion, so why would they want to invest in a traditionally religious practice? 

the whole thing just reeks of left wing victimism. 

bloody trying to apply for a night shift role for extra cash and i see this:

image.png.1bbdc623f675c8891272a6250ea2eb9c.png

how don't i get triggered? jesus this is retarded

1. Seriously mate you know your arguments are thin when you start of with bloody "Tax Payers Money"... how much money did you think you are personally losing out the vote?

Because if you use the largest possible figure given by the papers for the cost of this thing its less than Five Bucks - Which for a Puritan is probably good value to have something you detest so much to go away which wont go away otherwise.

Do you honestly think with how much you are being triggered every day that these PPL will stop triggering you that if the Plebiscite loses that we are going to hear to less about this topic?

2. Of course Marriage has been religious throughout a lot of History but a lot other things were as well... Medicine and even more so Education were also pretty much strictly the domain of the church for so many generations. These institutions changed and you cant say it did not help the masses that it did.

3.  Gays dislike religion? This is actually your dumbest point as in the past it was religious vocations that allowed Gay people to survive in societies were they were unable to be open about there sexuality. 

Not only this I have Gay relatives who are far more religious than I am... do some reading mate. You can start of by reading about Oscar Wilde and Andy Warhol on Wikipedia and then if you want to read an actual book check out "Brideshead Revisited". 

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, NewConvert said:

One of the biggest proponents is Tim Wilson Liberal MP for Goldstein and a former IPA staffer. If you think that Tim Wilson or the IPA are left wing victims then you need your bearings reset.

Wilson has a very personal interest in this issue as he wishes to "marry" his male partner.

9 hours ago, Tesla said:

TTIM: r u ok bullshit

Can't all the attention seeking losers go back to jumping on left wing political bandwagons for their social media validation rather than trivialising a serious disease by implying that 4 fucking letters are going to make a difference?

Eh Im usually sceptical of shit like this, but I think for male mental health RUOK Day is just one of many things that help change the culture and get men to open up and talk. Like anything, theres going to be virtue signallers on facebook that tarnish it, but I think the overall message is a good one. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, japiedog said:

Received my letter from the Australian Bureau of Statistics

mmmmmm

Do I join the Pinky lefty tree hugging do gooders or do I join the Bigoted middle aged, head in the sand team????

I'm all for equality , why should hetro sexual couples have the monopoly of the misery of marriage

Or just enjoy the right not to vote without being fined, there is a third option people! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cadete said:

1. Seriously mate you know your arguments are thin when you start of with bloody "Tax Payers Money"... how much money did you think you are personally losing out the vote?

Because if you use the largest possible figure given by the papers for the cost of this thing its less than Five Bucks - Which for a Puritan is probably good value to have something you detest so much to go away which wont go away otherwise.

Do you honestly think with how much you are being triggered every day that these PPL will stop triggering you that if the Plebiscite loses that we are going to hear to less about this topic?

2. Of course Marriage has been religious throughout a lot of History but a lot other things were as well... Medicine and even more so Education were also pretty much strictly the domain of the church for so many generations. These institutions changed and you cant say it did not help the masses that it did.

3.  Gays dislike religion? This is actually your dumbest point as in the past it was religious vocations that allowed Gay people to survive in societies were they were unable to be open about there sexuality. 

Not only this I have Gay relatives who are far more religious than I am... do some reading mate. You can start of by reading about Oscar Wilde and Andy Warhol on Wikipedia and then if you want to read an actual book check out "Brideshead Revisited". 

Serious question Cad, are you not worried that what has happened in other countries that have legalised same sex marriage might happen here in regards to Catholic (or other religion) schools being forced to teach about homosexuality and gender diversity? (apparently schools have been shut in other countries)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Serious question Cad, are you not worried that what has happened in other countries that have legalised same sex marriage might happen here in regards to Catholic (or other religion) schools being forced to teach about homosexuality and gender diversity? (apparently schools have been shut in other countries)

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/private-jewish-school-lgbt-issues-fail-ofsted-inspection-vishnitz-girls-london-orthodox-sex-british-a7809221.html%3famp

23 hours ago, cadete said:

.Do you honestly think with how much you are being triggered every day that these PPL will stop triggering you that if the Plebiscite loses that we are going to hear to less about this topic?

To you honestly think if this gets up that these people will then go quiet and disappear? Surely they will just start attacking another bastion of Australian society. In fact they've already put their markers on 2, being Australia Day and Fathers Day.

Supporting something to shut up activists is a really stupid strategy. If you support you support it, but don't use "shutting them up" as a reason.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

To you honestly think if this gets up that these people will then go quiet and disappear? Surely they will just start attacking another bastion of Australian society. In fact they've already put their markers on 2, being Australia Day and Fathers Day.

Supporting something to shut up activists is a really stupid strategy. If you support you support it, but don't use "shutting them up" as a reason.

Absolutely. You should support change only if you, to the best of your knowledge and understanding, believe that the proposed change is in the best interests of Australian society in the long-term future.
I also believe that it people should exercise their opportunity to express their view on change, whatever that opinion is. Not to do so is, in effect, to give the decision-making to someone else.

6 minutes ago, Tesla said:

TTIM: that people on this forum like coke no sugar more than coke zero. Seriously you could have just bought coke zero and mixed it with water all this time if you actually prefer this shit, you would have saved money as well.

If you just drank water from the tap you'd save even more money.

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

TTIM: That people believe anyone actually wants to change the name of Fathers day. This has all come from one bloody opinion piece by one person. It's like the "massive controversy" around Malcolm Turnbull's photo with his granddaughter and a beer at the footy. All stemmed from one or two Facebook comments. Not exactly global outrage.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

TTIM: That people believe anyone actually wants to change the name of Fathers day. This has all come from one bloody opinion piece by one person. It's like the "massive controversy" around Malcolm Turnbull's photo with his granddaughter and a beer at the footy. All stemmed from one or two Facebook comments. Not exactly global outrage.

That's was my first assumption but then a few others things happened like a harmless ad highlighting  a Fathers role in parenting being labelled by officialdom as "political".

Typically in Australia we adopted a position of:

1. Oh don't worry they're not serious 

2. Oh did that just happen? Oh don't worry she'll be right.

To be fair I'm just as bad as everyone else in this regard. CBF turned every little thing into a street brawl but this is how the negative changes to our society occur.

21 hours ago, Tesla said:

No.

And it should be taught as its reality and not going to leave society. It's like how back in Perth when I finished school in 2000 we didn't even touch on depression. (Except that Hemingway committed suicide in Lit).

Which thinking back was fucken pathetic when my best mate (Who was probably the most liked guy in the year level) missed weeks as he tried to commit suicide in Year 11.

11 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Its not a strategy it's accepting reality... the ALP have already won the election so it doesn't matter what PPL do with their vote.

Mr Religious History may as well get it out of they way IMO so it doesn't become an election talking point as well... that being for a lost election for the Alt Right.

Apparently he can't even handle applying for jobs anymore cos of Gay people campaigning to marry. Things are going to get a lot worse from here on here for the poor guy.

8 hours ago, Tesla said:

TBH after coming back from a country where you can live off $3000 a year I'm feeling pretty cheap, but not cheap enough to forgo my sugar free drinks.

It's if so great over there (I am sure it is in many ways it is better than here) then why don't you live there?

Wouldn't you be able to get citizenship due to your background and still work in the same field as you do now? 

For example I can think of several places where I would do as such if I wasn't Convict Stock.

Anyone would think you were have been in Florence during the Renaissance over the last month or with your descriptions of Utter Utopia.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, cadete said:

No.

And it should be taught as its reality and not going to leave society. It's like how back in Perth when I finished school in 2000 we didn't even touch on depression. (Except that Hemingway committed suicide in Lit).

Which thinking back was fucken pathetic when my best mate (Who was probably the most liked guy in the year level) missed weeks as he tried to commit suicide in Year 11.

Its not a strategy it's accepting reality... the ALP have already won the election so it doesn't matter what PPL do with their vote.

Mr Religious History may as well get it out of they way IMO so it doesn't become an election talking point as well... that being for a lost election for the Alt Right.

Apparently he can't even handle applying for jobs anymore cos of Gay people campaigning to marry. Things are going to get a lot worse from here on here for the poor guy.

It's if so great over there (I am sure it is in many ways it is better than here) then why don't you live there?

Wouldn't you be able to get citizenship due to your background and still work in the same field as you do now? 

For example I can think of several places where I would do as such if I wasn't Convict Stock.

Anyone would think you were have been in Florence during the Renaissance over the last month or with your descriptions of Utter Utopia.

i dont know you mate but you're a bit weird (in a good way) 

10 hours ago, cadete said:

Well actually I did my paperwork for citizenship when I was there so that's not an issue.

Technically I dont work in any field at the moment, but yes if I go back to making a location independent income I would definitely be tempted. 

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

Well actually I did my paperwork for citizenship when I was there so that's not an issue.

Technically I dont work in any field at the moment, but yes if I go back to making a location independent income I would definitely be tempted. 

Check it out during winter. Completely different vibe.

On 15/09/2017 at 1:04 AM, Tesla said:

TTIM: r u ok bullshit

Can't all the attention seeking losers go back to jumping on left wing political bandwagons for their social media validation rather than trivialising a serious disease by implying that 4 fucking letters are going to make a difference?

I think RU Ok has value with personal contact, but it definitely won't catch everyone. Some people refuse to talk about their problems and will find their own solution, whatever that is. Unfortunately there seems to be fuck all you can actually do about this. Still RU OK can and does help some, so I support it.

Now I think what you are really complaining about is "virtue signalling" posts that are designed to achieve nothing.

Well if it makes you feel better there have always been people like that in society, in a bygone era they sat in the front row of church then went home and behaved in a totally different way. Now those same people (well their intellectual heirs anyway) have moved to social media. My view is its best to ignore and avoid them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

TTIM: The constant waste of police resources that have to into events such as todays protest to "end racism"

Why couldn't some lefties just let some far right people shout at a building in peace? They weren't hurting anyone 

Because if the Pinkos had not rocked up then nobody would have known the Nazi's were even there... and thirty uneducated dumb Nazi's are such a huge threat to Australian Society. :facepalm:

Edited by cadete

54 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Are you dieting or fasting? I would seriously recommend intermittent fasting. First week is a bitch, once you're used to it it's much easier and its worked well for me so far. 

for me the first week was fine but the third week onwards were hard. Can't complain I lost about 18kg in 12 weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Are you dieting or fasting? I would seriously recommend intermittent fasting. First week is a bitch, once you're used to it it's much easier and its worked well for me so far. 

Dieting.

Basically eating healthy, trying not to eat too much. 

Working on the basis it's worth 2min/kg over a marathon.