Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

Double TTIM today

1- why the fuck do i have to download an app to access my facebook messages (i am guessing its to do with data collection/spying, etc but still pretty fucking stupid)

2- when facebook shows you have a new message so you open your messages and there is no new one there. and the notification just stays there

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Double TTIM today

1- why the fuck do i have to download an app to access my facebook messages (i am guessing its to do with data collection/spying, etc but still pretty fucking stupid)

2- when facebook shows you have a new message so you open your messages and there is no new one there. and the notification just stays there

fucking this

15 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Double TTIM today

TTIM: Notifications that don't disappear in any app

• Like 1

TTIM: Local council elections and making me number every square. Why are all the candidates goody-goody-two-shoes lefty greenie social workers? Every time I find myself having to work backwards on the paper in order to end up voting "1" for the candidate I least object to.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Local council elections and making me number every square. Why are all the candidates goody-goody-two-shoes lefty greenie social workers? Every time I find myself having to work backwards on the paper in order to end up voting "1" for the candidate I least object to.

I chose my number one but then as you did had to work backwards from there. 

41 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Pretty handy as it allows for people who don't have a facebook account such as myself to still use messenger, just works off your phone number like WhatsApp. 

Just now, Hackett said:

Pretty handy as it allows for people who don't have a facebook account such as myself to still use messenger, just works off your phone number like WhatsApp. 

Really? I didnt know it worked like that. But still i dont see why people have to download an ap when they do have an account

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

#Kurt4Hume

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cadete said:

TTIM: Alternative Medicine and PPL who swear by it instead of Modern Medicine, I just dont understand how these PPL cant realise that if this shit did actually work it (not matter what it was) then it would cease being Alternative Medicine anymore as it would be highly profitable and therefore something Huge Pharmaceutical Companies would purchase the rights to and start producing.

As in the Fat Cat Companies the supporters of Alternative Medicine themselves say "Only care about making money". 

I agree wit the general sentiment, but there are a few things your ignoring:

1. Pharmaceutical companies can't purchase the rights to everything, eg if it's a common product or something natural etc.

2. Mainstream medicine is based on benefit vs cost, every drug has side effects and risks, but the idea is if these are less of an issue than what they're treating then it's a good medicine. But for some people the negatives of a certain medicine may be more than the benefits.

3. Maisntream medicine doesn't have a solution to everything

So in those two cases I dont see a problem with considering Alternate Medicine as an option TBH.

There are legit things that I guess you'd consider Alternate Medicine, but the problem with Alternate Medicine in general is that most the information is spread by:

1. Idiots who just follow other idiots and have no idea about the effectiveness of what their promoting or the risks

2. People with a financial interest in getting you to buy it (eg bloggers with affiliate links to buy the stuff)

If it was me considering an Alternate Medicine I'd only be interested in scientific studies showing the effectiveness of something rather than 1 & 2.

TLDR:

At least 95% of the time mainstream medicine is the solution, if you can be bothered doing actual research from scientific sources then alternate medicine could be the solution maybe 5% of the time.

Edited by Tesla

4 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I agree wit the general sentiment, but there are a few things your ignoring:

1. Pharmaceutical companies can't purchase the rights to everything, eg if it's a common product or something natural etc.

2. Mainstream medicine is based on benefit vs cost, every drug has side effects and risks, but the idea is if these are less of an issue than what they're treating then it's a good medicine. But for some people the negatives of a certain medicine may be more than the benefits.

3. Maisntream medicine doesn't have a solution to everything

So in those two cases I dont see a problem with considering Alternate Medicine as an option TBH.

There are legit things that I guess you'd consider Alternate Medicine, but the problem with Alternate Medicine in general is that most the information is spread by:

1. Idiots who just follow other idiots and have no idea about the effectiveness of what their promoting or the risks

2. People with a financial interest in getting you to buy it (eg bloggers with affiliate links to buy the stuff)

If it was me considering an Alternate Medicine I'd only be interested in scientific studies showing the effectiveness of something rather than 1 & 2.

TLDR:

At least 95% of the time mainstream medicine is the solution, if you can be bothered doing actual research from scientific sources then alternate medicine could be the solution maybe 5% of the time.

Are u still sponsored by GNC?

4 minutes ago, cadete said:

Are u still sponsored by GNC?

Just now, Tesla said:

Does GNC even still exist?

You must either be an idiot or have money to burn to shop there it's overpriced AF.

Does the Misc Subculture even still exist?

(I am genuinely not sure anymore because I dont live in Thornbury where I was force to make a couple of trips to Norflandz a year.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cadete said:

Also TTIM: Some PPL's obsession with Eastern Religion because its not a Mainstream Religion here and thus cool in their eyes... which is pretty ironic because the same thing is happening in reverse in China which pretty much has the highest rate of Christian Converts in the world each year. 

I would have thought the growth in Christianity in China is because it was/is a communist country and so religion would have been illegal/banned/discouraged for a period of time and now its more tolerated that it really isnt a communist country anymore.

16 hours ago, Tesla said:

I would have thought the growth in Christianity in China is because it was/is a communist country and so religion would have been illegal/banned/discouraged for a period of time and now its more tolerated that it really isnt a communist country anymore.

Actually the massive rise of Christianity in China forced the Government to make new kinder laws to allow for churches to appease the public which they tried their hardest not to do for a very long time.

The massive rise is more due to the Evangelical nature of the Christianity being practised which as you can imagine with all the over the top shit that goes on in an Evangelical Church in America when first seen by Chinese PPL can be a very overwhelming experience.

19 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

TTIM: that Mitsubishi commercial with the song "we're living out the back of a car". Living out the back of a car is not a desirable lifestyle

It is for those German Backpackers who live in those Painted 1990s Vans in beachside carparks in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney... but for everyone else no it is not.

28 minutes ago, cadete said:

It is for those German Backpackers who live in those Painted 1990s Vans in beachside carparks in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney... but for everyone else no it is not.

Hahaha. True. And i dont really think smelly backpackers are the type to buy expensive soccer mums four wheel drives

TTIM: the fact the someone senior with venue or security decided that it was a good idea (presumably for the sake of  keeping rival fans from fighting by keeping them apart) to cordon off the away supporters area at full time, preventing them from actually being able to leave the stadium.......

11 hours ago, ecguymer said:

TTIM: the fact the someone senior with venue or security decided that it was a good idea (presumably for the sake of  keeping rival fans from fighting by keeping them apart) to cordon off the away supporters area at full time, preventing them from actually being able to leave the stadium.......

They usually do that when we win at etihad. Its probably just been so long since its happened everyone had forgotten

11 hours ago, ecguymer said:

TTIM: 43,000 attendance in a 57,000 stadium. I still think we could get a lot more City supporters (me and my wife included) to away derbies if we received a decent allocation of seating so that we could all be together.

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: 43,000 attendance in a 57,000 stadium. I still think we could get a lot more City supporters (me and my wife included) to away derbies if we received a decent allocation of seating so that we could all be together.

Suck it up. Seats may not be the best but I totally don't understand how people stay away from an away derby just because "Etihad is a hole". 

5 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Surely this has to infringe on Snapchat's copyright in some way?

Why am I not surprised you dont know what copyright means?

I think you mean infringe upon their intellectual property, and the answer is probably not.

Edited by Tesla

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Why am I not surprised you dont know what copyright means?

I think you mean infringe upon their intellectual property, and the answer is probably not.

I reckon this conversation needs to be unnecessarily expanded in more detail by @malloy

Edited by cadete
  • Like 4

On 18/10/2016 at 10:02 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

Fuck off insta and Facebook i already have Snapchat you cunts think of something new or fuck off

I have noticed a really annoying new thing where people use their instagram story to tell you they have a new post and to go like it. I am getting very jack of instagram.

*edit- to get back at them, snap chat should make an app thats basically the same thing as instagram but keep the feed chronological

Edited by KSK_47

33 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I have noticed a really annoying new thing where people use their instagram story to tell you they have a new post and to go like it. I am getting very jack of instagram.

*edit- to get back at them, snap chat should make an app thats basically the same thing as instagram but keep the feed chronological

Social media warfare. I like it. 

On 18/10/2016 at 10:02 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM; the new update to the messanger app. Fuck off insta and Facebook i already have Snapchat you cunts think of something new or fuck off

It was something completely unecessary, i don't know why they added it in. It's like facebook are trying to shove as much shit in your face as possible instead of just letting you use messenger for its intended purpose-to message people lol

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HeartFc said:

TTIM: Having testicle pain for 3 weeks, not fucking fun. Salt in wounds is having premium pussy on silver plater but I'm scared my balls may self destruct if I drop a load.

Fuck it If I die it was nice knowing you cunts. 

Go to doctor. 

• Like 3