Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

Can a Boy and a Girl be best friends?

LIKE = YES 

COMMENT = NO

Not Best Friends - No.

Anyone who says otherwise is fucken kidding themselves..

At some point of time you did think or still do think about going there even if it required for a lot circumstances to be very different.

• Like 1

Not Best Friends - No.

Anyone who says otherwise is fucken kidding themselves..

At some point of time you did think or still do think about going there even if it required for a lot circumstances to be very different.

Call me a misogynist, but frankly I don't see why a heterosexual male would want to be best friends with a heterosexual female in the first place, unless he is romantically interested in her. 

And while there may be some exceptions (in which case exactly what you've described would occur anyway) I think we have all witnessed with our own eyes that in the majority of these male-female best friend relationships what's really going on is that the bloke is interested but he is in the friend zone. 

And before some smart ass says the reason to be best friends with a female is to meet other females through her, don't see why you have to be best friends for that to occur. 

Edited by Tesla

People have opposite-sex best friends for the same reason as people who have same-sex best friends... mutual interests, can relate to one another, have fun together etc. 

Not sure what sex even has to do with it tbh.

• Like 1

Call me a misogynist, but frankly I don't see why a heterosexual male would want to be best friends with a heterosexual female in the first place, unless he is romantically interested in her. 

And while there may be some exceptions (in which case exactly what you've described would occur anyway) I think we have all witnessed with our own eyes that in the majority of these male-female best friend relationships what's really going on is that the bloke is interested but he is in the friend zone. 

And before some smart ass says the reason to be best friends with a female is to meet other females through her, don't see why you have to be best friends for that to occur. 

Its not just the obvious example of the friend zone bloke... PPL can be in different relationships or just at different stages in their lives.

I have female friends and had quite a few close female friends over the years, the problem is if your straight the closer you get a female friend the more likely you are to develop other feelings for them.

You guys know I was just taking the piss out of the shit I see on Facebook yeah?

But carry on.

I know but I still find the topic interesting as I have had a few of these friendships...

Usually u get to the point where you both get too protective of each other and it's not really beneficial for anyone.

Edited by cadete

TTIM: That the general Australian public has ignored the base of Tomic's rant the other night after losing to Djokovic. Wonder how much pressure Tennis Australia would have been under right now if Lleyton had come out with the same claims.

TTIM: No one questioning the fact that Australia's top ranked male is forced to pay for his own balls while Tennis Australia chips in for the Fanatics to attend games overseas.

TTIM: Callers on SEN yesterday saying we shouldn't listen to Tomic as he resides in Monaco, hence isn't a taxpayer of Australia. I'm guessing they forgot about the fact that Pat Rafter is a resident of Bermuda (while sucking on the Tennis Australia mango) or that Lleyton Hewitt is a resident of the Bahamas lol.

• Like 3

TTIM: That the general Australian public has ignored the base of Tomic's rant the other night after losing to Djokovic. Wonder how much pressure Tennis Australia would have been under right now if Lleyton had come out with the same claims.

TTIM: No one questioning the fact that Australia's top ranked male is forced to pay for his own balls while Tennis Australia chips in for the Fanatics to attend games overseas.

TTIM: Callers on SEN yesterday saying we shouldn't listen to Tomic as he resides in Monaco, hence isn't a taxpayer of Australia. I'm guessing they forgot about the fact that Pat Rafter is a resident of Bermuda (while sucking on the Tennis Australia mango) or that Lleyton Hewitt is a resident of the Bahamas lol.

That third one is particularly stupid... it has been the case with Tennis Players around the world for years not that I am the biggest fan of any current Australian Tennis players.

Australia just mad as it becomes more and more clear that Balkan genetics are the best sporting genetics, out of white people at least.

Clearly the #1 footballing genetics, now that the countries aren't in a state of war we see the quality footballers coming from the region, Brazil and Argentina only produce more top tier footballers because they have 23895623596234 times the population. Will remain #1 until Africa gets out of poverty and can benefit from their superior sporting genetics.

Clearly the #1 basketball genetics, apart from African Americans, can't compete with those genetics TBH.

Clearly the #1 tennis genetics, Djokovic running shit in tennis etc.

• Like 2

Wasnt that a punishment for him though? Tomics probably got more money than Tennis Australia anyway. 

Everybody whinges about them, but they still get cheered on when they play on home turf. Would love to see them get boo'd. 

Australia just mad as it becomes more and more clear that Balkan genetics are the best sporting genetics, out of white people at least.

Clearly the #1 footballing genetics, now that the countries aren't in a state of war we see the quality footballers coming from the region, Brazil and Argentina only produce more top tier footballers because they have 23895623596234 times the population. Will remain #1 until Africa gets out of poverty and can benefit from their superior sporting genetics.

Clearly the #1 basketball genetics, apart from African Americans, can't compete with those genetics TBH.

Clearly the #1 tennis genetics, Djokovic running shit in tennis etc.

Only gonna get worse with Raonic, Tomic & Coric all looking like being top 10 players later in their careers.

Wasnt that a punishment for him though? Tomics probably got more money than Tennis Australia anyway. 

Everybody whinges about them, but they still get cheered on when they play on home turf. Would love to see them get boo'd. 

not sure on the full story but I know the reason he's so salty now is because they quit funding his sister but I'm guessing he knew if he brang that up people would just say rightly so because she's poop. I'm just amazed that no one has questioned Tennis Australia and Rafter after what Tomic said.

TTIM: Pubs being closed at lunch when you are on a long drive / had a long morning and wanna stop to get bar meal.

was driving home the other day after holidays and got pissed off the country town i was in had both pubs shut so that i couldnt order lunch.  without wanting to get into a long story, this town was gonna be the last town for a while with a decent pub so if its pub was shut, chances are most of the other pubs on the way home were gonna be closed too.

didnt help that it was a Monday and that i live in the far north west of the state so options get even more limited as you continue the drive.

i dont know about anyone else but it seems that most small country towns with a decent pub are getting far and fewer between so many of the old small towns now dont seem have much of pub / dont even serve lunch

• Like 1

TTIM: Pubs being closed at lunch when you are on a long drive / had a long morning and wanna stop to get bar meal.

was driving home the other day after holidays and got pissed off the country town i was in had both pubs shut so that i couldnt order lunch.  without wanting to get into a long story, this town was gonna be the last town for a while with a decent pub so if its pub was shut, chances are most of the other pubs on the way home were gonna be closed too.

didnt help that it was a Monday and that i live in the far north west of the state so options get even more limited as you continue the drive.

i dont know about anyone else but it seems that most small country towns with a decent pub are getting far and fewer between so many of the old small towns now dont seem have much of pub / dont even serve lunch

Most country settlements are being killed off by by-passes. Because everyone's in such a hurry to get where they're going when in reality their journey is reduced by only a few minutes...

Apologies for the nostalgia.

Pffft, know more random facts than braveheart even in his area of expertise, a couple incidents come to mind one about either Turkey not being in the EU or Turkey being in NATO, and another about Joe Hockey being Palestinian.

Though both of you would have an advantage in this game as the history questions are probably the hardest while the other categories are generally fairly easy as long as you don't live under a rock. 

Pffft, know more random facts than braveheart even in his area of expertise, a couple incidents come to mind one about either Turkey not being in the EU or Turkey being in NATO, and another about Joe Hockey being Palestinian.

Though both of you would have an advantage in this game as the history questions are probably the hardest while the other categories are generally fairly easy as long as you don't live under a rock. 

I always thought he was Armenian....

EDIT: just checked Wikipedia, turns out his father was Armenian-Palestinean

Edited by Embee

I always thought he was Armenian....

EDIT: just checked Wikipedia, turns out his father was Armenian-Palestinean

Yeah I think most people just know the Armenian bit. 

Speaking of which, what's with all the famous Armenians these days. Armenia = illuminati. 

Is it not explained by "Dem Genetics" like everything else in the world according to you.