Melbourne Football

The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Tesla

50 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Ha ha i had to google it. Pisser! But in saying that surely we cant be to stressed as no other a league club has done any visa player deals eather except castro and perth. 

Exactly. Frustrating as it is, i haven't seen much visa movement from the other teams either to this point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, Dylan said:

If I were Kisnorbo I wouldn't take it, id be trying to get other jobs in the national setup or as an assistant overseas. Seems very clear to me you need a wealth of experience in all different environments to have the best chance of success.

Yes, and we need a manager with considerable experience in dealing with mature male players, not just youth or women. My concern, however, is that a lot of suitable candidates will be put off by our cultural weakness, the CFG structure, and need to deal with people such as Petrillo, Munn and Marwood. It's not as if you're going to come in with a free hand...

51 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, and we need a manager with considerable experience in dealing with mature male players, not just youth or women. My concern, however, is that a lot of suitable candidates will be put off by our cultural weakness, the CFG structure, and need to deal with people such as Petrillo, Munn and Marwood. It's not as if you're going to come in with a free hand...

Most clubs have controls or limits placed on the coach/manager and if they don’t IMO they should. 

I get that Joyce has this one way mentality and ultimately he will be judged on results and producing to whatever criteria has been dictated to by above but I just don't get the constant sniping at Munn and lesser Petrillo and Marwood. 

On the pitch is all down to Joyce and as I've stated endlessly I don't think he is suited to us and should be replaced. 

But off field I genuinely think we are in great shape. The major problem is crowd numbers and I think thats ultimately a result of the FFA restrictions and shit performances at key moments. 

Offield they are continually trying new things most to be fair haven't worked but they are giving it a crack but until we win the League and win it consistently our crowd figures will suck.

Munn Marwood and Petrillo are not the problem and if they all left tomorrow we would still be in the endless vortex of the blame game but just different names would be put up.

Everything and I mean everything starts and ends with what happens on the pitch every week for 90 min plus stoppages. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Most clubs have controls or limits placed on the coach/manager and if they don’t IMO they should. 

I get that Joyce has this one way mentality and ultimately he will be judged on results and producing to whatever criteria has been dictated to by above but I just don't get the constant sniping at Munn and lesser Petrillo and Marwood. 

On the pitch is all down to Joyce and as I've stated endlessly I don't think he is suited to us and should be replaced. 

But off field I genuinely think we are in great shape. The major problem is crowd numbers and I think thats ultimately a result of the FFA restrictions and shit performances at key moments. 

Offield they are continually trying new things most to be fair haven't worked but they are giving it a crack but until we win the League and win it consistently our crowd figures will suck.

Munn Marwood and Petrillo are not the problem and if they all left tomorrow we would still be in the endless vortex of the blame game but just different names would be put up.

Everything and I mean everything starts and ends with what happens on the pitch every week for 90 min plus stoppages. 

My thoughts have always been like this too until recently. And it is exactly the bolded line that is the problem. It is Munn or Marwood directly responsible for us having Joyce and it is their inability to choose the correct manager. This is now 2 managers selected that have ultimately failed. If you can't choose the correct manager with the resources we have then you have to stand accountable. With a 0% success rate can we be certain that our third manager will be any different to the ones we have been appointed so far? To be frank I'm tired of being optimistic and am confident that we will see yet another failed manager selection. Because the people in charge of that process are proven to be incapable of getting it right. 

Petrillo is a tough one because it all depends on the recruitment process. Maybe he gives Joyce 5 players for a position to choose from and Joyce has fucked that up. Maybe he has more of a say or has simply given Joyce average choice of players to choose from. Either way my only thought on our recruitment is it has been average this season. And his job should definitely be in question. 

With your last sentence, that's not how a hierarchical structure works. It starts from top management selecting people below them who then select players  to get the job done. If you fuck up the selection of the manager then your player recruitment is mirroring the vision of the average manager you've selected. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1