Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

Wonder what his 'chat' with Guardiola consisted off? 

City Group appoint Pep, Pep's philosophy is control of the game/midfield, JVS plays all his midfielders out of position.. Strikers/wingers in midfield, midfielders in defence - Just don't get it. 

If it wasn't for their terrible start to the season, I could of seen Guillermo Amor being brought in. 

City Group, for their own sake, should try and keep their clubs on the same page and someone like Amor would probably be a likely candidate. 

9 hours ago, heart_fan10 said:

Worst coaching performance I've seen from him 

Absolutely. If we go on the way we're going - 2 points from the past 9 - we're going to be struggling to make the finals let alone top four. The squad has it's weaknesses, yes, but given what we have our performances are just not good enough. The guy should have the decency to resign after last night.

BTW...win percentage for regular A-League matches back down to 31.9% (53 out of 166).

Edited by jw1739

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Absolutely. If we go on the way we're going - 2 points from the past 9 - we're going to be struggling to make the finals let alone top four. The squad has it's weaknesses, yes, but given what we have our performances are just not good enough. The guy should have the decency to resign after last night.

Yup, I am getting depressed again.  How often have we seen that we have a good set of players and yet fail to demonstrate that the team has the capability to win.  Sure we have lost the skills of Mooy and the flair of Novillo and, sure, we have deficiencies but so do all A-league teams.  This is one of the better teams we have had and this clown can still not develop them into an exciting football team with a belief in winning.  Much as I tried last night, I just could not get enthused even when we went a goal ahead as I could see an inevitable loss coming.  The team choice is often peculiar, the game plan (is there ever even one?) is not evident, the mucking about with possession at the back, the lack of an abilty to quickly break out and open up the opposition as they constantly do us.  You look at Victory (and some of the other teams) and they always look like they have the potential to snatch a win.

• Like 1

FMD I can't bring myself to listen to his post-match comments in full, I'd smash my computer. I've just read some extracts - he thinks we're still improving and on the right path, we've had new players come in (why's that John - because you couldn't win with the last lot?) and we're still moving forward, we played too quickly in the first half but we played the way we wanted to in the second (is that backwards John?). FMD the guy is delusional.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

And, And, we are in a good place ? for everyones sake RESIGN, bloody hopeless coaching. I must have missed something, Where was Jacobsen ?

Out with a calf strain 

Just watching the replay now and its not all doom and gloom. Victory looked to break like lightning and maybe with jakobsen it wouldve been different. With all our attacking players we have they are yet to really gel and connect with alot of "knowing where theyre going to be" plays. Bruno is looking to be fouled instead of looking to make space, then again im a full armchair critic.

Edited by HeartOfCity

1 hour ago, johnno cpfc said:

And, And, we are in a good place ? for everyones sake RESIGN, bloody hopeless coaching. I must have missed something, Where was Jacobsen ?

As mentioned he's out with a calf strain however its only a Grade 1 strain so he should be back by the new year if not by our next match on the 27th. 

14 hours ago, jw1739 said:

FMD I can't bring myself to listen to his post-match comments in full, I'd smash my computer. I've just read some extracts - he thinks we're still improving and on the right path, we've had new players come in (why's that John - because you couldn't win with the last lot?) and we're still moving forward, we played too quickly in the first half but we played the way we wanted to in the second (is that backwards John?). FMD the guy is delusional.

He's lost it completely, not that he ever had it exactly. I managed to get through the whole interview, absolutely pathetic limp dicked interview spouting the same bullshit about learning and on the right path bla bla bla. 

13 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

Yes. By JVS standards 4th is a very good place to be. Just the way he likes it. No where near winning the title but not shit enough to get the sack. Wash and repeat the cycle everywhere he goes. 

Edited by n i k o

13 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

I like to not get too excited when we're winning or too despondent when we we're losing. Despite the loss on the weekend I still think we are well placed to finish in the top six. 

Level headed Ness and rational thinking has no place here.

1 hour ago, Alexxxandro said:

I like to not get too excited when we're winning or too despondent when we we're losing. Despite the loss on the weekend I still think we are well placed to finish in the top six. 

I agree but lucky if its top 3. Roar and Sydney and even the visitors are likely to be more consistent. Perth will improve when their injury list improves.

Edited by belaguttman

10 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

My joke failed by the looks of it. Being confident of "top six" is like saying "I'm confident of not being the worst team in the comp..." Okay I wont start stand up.

I don't think the joke failed at all. We all know that JvS is capable of getting the worst possible out of any given squad, and so there are plenty of people on here and not on here who wouldn't even be confident of top six. After all, at a win rate of 31.9%, that's less than even a random distribution of results...

Might not be long before Dylan starts the "Season over - let's get ready for 2017-18" thread...

Edited by jw1739

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:09 AM, n i k o said:

@Donald .........waiting...... 

Shithouse result. Hate loosing to those pricks especially Muscat who is a condescending prick. Didn't see any of the game due to a family commitment and not worth watching the replay. I assume only one person responsible for the loss. Even the players who didn't play due to injury are his fault. The 3 previous wins against them have nothing to do with him but this loss is 100% his fault. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

1 hour ago, Donald said:

Shithouse result. Hate loosing to those pricks especially Muscat who is a condescending prick. Didn't see any of the game due to a family commitment and not worth watching the replay. I assume only one person responsible for the loss. Even the players who didn't play due to injury are his fault. The 3 previous wins against them have nothing to do with him but this loss is 100% his fault. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

You make me laugh donald. Can you please do us a favour and make a list of reasons we should have faith in jvs rather than comming on here occasionally and making these vauge piss weak digs at people who think jvs should be held accountable for his shit track record.

If you can put together a clear list of reasons why you think he shouldnt be held responsible for his track record as a coach it might make you look less petty and as though there is actually some kind of logical reasoning to what appears to be an irrational point of view.

*particularly when you are commenting on a game you didnt watch lol

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

You make me laugh donald. Can you please do us a favour and make a list of reasons we should have faith in jvs rather than comming on here occasionally and making these vauge piss weak digs at people who think jvs should be held accountable for his shit track record.

If you can put together a clear list of reasons why you think he shouldnt be held responsible for his track record as a coach it might make you look less petty and as though there is actually some kind of logical reasoning to what appears to be an irrational point of view.

*particularly when you are commenting on a game you didnt watch lol

Whoa KSK, are you suggesting that donald is capable of sarcasm?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donald said:

Funny you think Muscat is condescending..anyway moving on. Maybe when your done answering @KSK_47 maybe we can try a different approach. Tell me what it is about our players that is the reason we are sitting in at 4th position. Your so adamant that JVS isn't the problem I'd like to hear your reasoning. Keep in mind Sydney is 9 points ahead, victory 2 points ahead with a game in hand and we have a full starting eleven list available (bar the derby with Jakobsen out). Also keep in mind of the last 5 games we have played we have won only 1. 

Feel free to pick and choose any player/s you feel aren't performing....

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Donald said:

31.9%.

• Like 6

How good is it travelling home on a train tonight with nothing but hatred for this shit cunt! Why is he still here. No surprise Perth played on the counter again and we roll in playing a fucken 3-5-2 again! Now cmon JVS im pretty sure i saw you at the last game on the sidelines when got beat by PERTH PLAYING THE COUNTER......FAAAARRRRRKKKKKKK!!!!!!! Sort your shit out for fucks sake!!