Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

I reckon Munn is going end up moving on before JVS...

Ive always thought that they wont sack munn just give him another 'opportunity' in another role below a CEO.

Probably could get a CEO job in the AFL so I dont think that's going to happen.

Ive always thought that they wont sack munn just give him another 'opportunity' in another role below a CEO.

Any AFL clubs looking to specialize in prolonged mediocrity 

• Like 1

Would take mediocrity at the Blues at the moment.

• Like 1

He achieved a miracle just by turning a profit with Heart. I think his time at Melbourne City / Heart would look very good on his CV.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

MKZRMYc-_400x400.jpeg

GoldCoastSunsLogo_(2).jpg

Theres two real good ones for him right there

• Like 1

MKZRMYc-_400x400.jpeg

Theres two real good ones for him right there He essentially established the suns before moving onto the heart. I think they'd love to have him back tbh.

Theres two real good ones for him right there

He was already COO/CEO at the Suns in their early days. Srs

The fact David Davutovic said openly recently in the Sun he thinks that Munn should be let go makes me feels like something is in the works because even though I dont agree with everything he says I can't see Davutovic burning such a valuable contact so openly as a Senior Soccer writer in a two team town.

Edited by cadete

The fact David Davutovic said openly recently in the Sun he thinks that Munn should be let go makes me feels like something is in the works because even though I dont agree with everything he says I can't see Davutovic burning such a valuable contact so openly as a Senior Soccer writer in a two team town.

Fair call, but it could also be a response to the fact that he's felt somewhat shut out since the City takeover and that he perceives the benefit of that relationship to have already dried up.

I blame everyone at Heart/City for five years of mediocrity. Anyone who still had a job after the first four seasons was accepting of mediocrity. If they weren't they would have either rocked the boat enough that real change was made or they were fired. 

I think what must be remembered here is that the former board were intent on making a profit over success on the field. Lets hope those days are over and we can now move forward.

Fair call, but it could also be a response to the fact that he's felt somewhat shut out since the City takeover and that he perceives the benefit of that relationship to have already dried up.

Yeah, but his comment on Munn was alongside a host of other comments about the club needing to become more City like and more consciously get rid of its ties to Heart which he felt was making fans/potential fans unsure about who or what the club was last season.

Personally I tend to agree about DD about the City stuff... The club for me appears to have 2/3 of identity as City whilst keeping another third of its old identity of Heart.

As soon as we changed our shirt and name I adopted a new club, that one third is has never been enough to trick me or any other Heart fans I am close to that it's the same club so they may as well proceed with more speed to being 100% City - As we all know eventually this will happen in the end.

A good way to achieve such a plan would be to do what this thread is all about: Sack a coach synonymous with underperforming Heart sides in that of JVS!

• Like 4

Harry Kewell doing his coaching badges this year, thoughts on him as a possible manager in the future?

LOL i almost fell of my chair

Is this after he does his public speaking duties ?, Which would quite difficult if you can't string 3 sentences together 

Wenger, 9 years without a trophy, although he helped us finance a new stadium, developed a lot of world class players and built a platform for future success. So pretty much comparing JVS and le prof is blasphemy...

Maybe no trophy, but isn't being in the UEFA Champions league every year since 1998/99 one hell of an achievement?

Wenger, 9 years without a trophy, although he helped us finance a new stadium, developed a lot of world class players and built a platform for future success. So pretty much comparing JVS and le prof is blasphemy...

Maybe no trophy, but isn't being in the UEFA Champions league every year since 1998/99 one hell of an achievement?

With the budget he had in recent times, it sure is. Shouldn't have even been in the Europa League, Wenger has done a very good job if you ask me.

• Like 1

Edit...Arsenal won the F.A. Cup last season.

And again this season.

Oh well we are stuck with him a bit longer, what's troubling is how quiet we are. Other teams are making announcements of new signings, especially WSW who are already making good progress.

We could have done with Jamieson. :(

Oh well we are stuck with him a bit longer, what's troubling is how quiet we are. Other teams are making announcements of new signings, especially WSW who are already making good progress.

All in good time Moops. Since the takeover the vast majority of signings have been spot on. We're not the heart anymore. We're actually an appealing destination that's making strides on and off the field. I have complete faith in the CFG to eventually get it right.
  • Like 2

Oh well we are stuck with him a bit longer, what's troubling is how quiet we are. Other teams are making announcements of new signings, especially WSW who are already making good progress.

All in good time Moops. Since the takeover the vast majority of signings have been spot on. We're not the heart anymore. We're actually an appealing destination that's making strides on and off the field. I have complete faith in the CFG to eventually get it right.

We always have hope I suppose.

We always have hope I suppose.

Also, another way to look at it is if JVS doesnt finish within touching distance of first place then surely thats got to be it for him. It's pretty exciting to know that we are either going to see the football we've been promised all these years, or the remaining Heart staff who have avoided the chop will finally have no where to hide if they are not up to par.

Edited by KSK_47

All in good time Moops. Since the takeover the vast majority of signings have been spot on. We're not the heart anymore. We're actually an appealing destination that's making strides on and off the field. I have complete faith in the CFG to eventually get it right. We always have hope I suppose.

Also, another way to look at it is if JVS doesnt finish within touching distance of first place then surely thats got to be it for him. It's pretty exciting to know that we are either going to see the football we've been promised all these years, or the remaining Heart staff who have avoided the chop will finally have no where to hide if they are not up to par.

Although its frustrating for the supporters who have been here from day dot, that JVS and JD still have jobs given the history. But, from a CFG perspective its pretty reasonable that JVS and JD kept their jobs given where we finished last season and how we did this season. But I agree with you that this year can only end well for us supporters. Either we actually start playing how we were promised on top of getting results, or they all get replaced.

Don't think I agree with the highlighted statement at all. The star signing - Mooy - was actually initiated before the takeover and while JA was still coach. The two-season extensions to Hoffman and Williams I regard as misguided, and I'm not impressed by either Koren or Kennedy. And I think we released Safuwan prematurely.

While I think at this stage your "all in good time" comment is appropriate, history suggests to me that van 't Schip is indeed tardy in making new signings, whether as Heart or City, and I do share that  unease that Moops is expressing with his comment.

• Like 4