Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

We have a terrible playing list.

No we fucking don't. Look at Wellington's list if you want to see a terrible playing list, half of them are from the NZ semi-pro league.

We have a list in the top 2-3 in the country.

yea dunno exactly how good our list is, but it is better than this 5-1 rubbish at least. 

But how do we know? JVS, the fraud - gets the same blooody results no matter who he coaches - he is Mr 30%!

We have been done - diddled...the guy is a coaching fraud, a failure everywhere he has been and somehow has been allowed to shape too many years of our short existence. It is criminal what is happening.

Who is he going to blame this time for the lack of X or Y on the list? Did CFG tell him left backs were banned did they?

Sure, others including the fraud who keeps hiring him have to go as well - but surely everyone can see problem we have let fester here.

I agree we have a shit list.. So sacking the coach what will that achieve??

In football terms not much, but for the supporters it will signal that this poor start to a season, plus not being able to win at home, plus losing 5-2 in the Darby and 5-1 to Wellington is not acceptable.. Thus sending a strong message through the club...

The time is now...

You've heard the phrase "it's not the size that matters, it's how you use it"? Well it's not the team list that's shit, it's how you use it and today JvS showed he has NFI how to use it!

No we fucking don't. Look at Wellington's list if you want to see a terrible playing list, half of them are from the NZ semi-pro league.

We have a list in the top 2-3 in the country.

yea dunno exactly how good our list is, but it is better than this 5-1 rubbish at least.   Tick!

But how do we know? JVS, the fraud - gets the same blooody results no matter who he coaches - he is Mr 30%!   Just dropped to 29.63% after today :hkpalm:  http://www.ultimatealeague.com/manager_detail.php?manager_id=24

We have been done - diddled...the guy is a coaching fraud, a failure everywhere he has been and somehow has been allowed to shape too many years of our short existence. It is criminal what is happening.

Who is he going to blame this time for the lack of X or Y on the list? Did CFG tell him left backs were banned did they?

Sure, others including the fraud who keeps hiring him have to go as well - but surely everyone can see problem we have let fester here.

#ALOISI IN :blink:

I’m a very patient person. This time last year I was prepared to wait & see if Aloisi would improve and could not believe the chants against him given he is an Aussie champion and a 1st time coach. . . . and at least JA was passionate & I could understand what he was trying to do.

JVS on the other hand  . . .  I find his style so sloppy & his decisions poor.

Has everybody forgotten he was also technical director overseeing JA?  AND his few wins last year coincided with Engelaar returning. AND he turned his back on us but was happy to come back only after the takeover from CFG.

Van Shit has to go now so a new coach can start planning a re-build for next year.

Fuck I hate this club sometimes...

JVS would have been sacked two weeks ago if he was coaching MVFC, also there is no fucken way that the MVFC board could ever have justified rehiring a bloke with a 30% win rate for a second time to its fans.

In fact the board members themselves would not have ever seen such a person as a fucken option...

No wonder Mirabella got out the MHFC setup in under a year - The guy has his obvious faults but a tolerance for shit football and coaching is not one of them.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

It's ridiculous how much JVS has earnt as one of the worst coaches in the A-League. 

I wonder what will come first: him being fired or the end of people blaming the playing roster? I've been arguing against "it's the playing roster" since the first year of Heart. A great leader can make a group of nobodies achieve remarkable things. JVS is not even a good leader. 

The best thing about JVS being sacked is the end of the debate on here. Of course it won't really end. The new coach might also have some better players to work with and so that will be the reason he gets better results and so on... 

Edited by Alexxxandro

@Cityheart

Hows it going mate? :)

I still believe when Koren comes back, JVS can at least take us to the top 4 of the league. Maybe i'm just a naive foundation supporter, i just ask for the fans to have patience and faith in JVS. If Koren comes back and JVS can't get us good results, i lead the charge in getting him sacked. Bookmark this comment if you want.

You really want me to bookmark this?

No we fucking don't. Look at Wellington's list if you want to see a terrible playing list, half of them are from the NZ semi-pro league.We have a list in the top 2-3 in the country.

Mate. Stop wasting your breath. Although what you are saying is 100% correct, people will always continue to blame our "rubbish" squad even if we swapped with Man City

Oh FFS.  I said JVS was the wrong man form the day he was re-signed.  I also said that Munn and JD needed to go. It wa sme who said you can't keep the same people and expect different results. Don't try to change people, change the people.

The point I'm trying to make about what happens after JVS is sacked is that the shit is deeper than that.

I don't follow State league any more but is the talent pool that shallow in Victoria?

It's ridiculous how much JVS has earnt as one of the worst coaches in the A-League. 

I wonder what will come first: him being fired or the end of people blaming the playing roster? I've been arguing against "it's the playing roster" since the first year of Heart. A great leader can make a group of nobodies achieve remarkable things. JVS is not even a good leader. 

The best thing about JVS being sacked is the end of the debate on here. Of course it won't really end. The new coach might also have some better players to work with and so that will be the reason gets better results and so on... 

JVS has been a failure on every continent, with every group he has had - you could easily say 3 different groups at least with us over 5 years.

The guy is totally out of excuses, and the guys that defend him are the ones that now have to seriously be questioned.

Munn has to go, for a start. This was a ridiculous appointment to begin with. 

JVS should go - along with:

JD - How has this guy agreed to sign some of the worst visa players and still kept his job is beyond belief.  The football department is there for teh entire club - not to satisfy JVS.

Wielaert - By far the worst defender in the league. Responsible for another goal yesterday.  Get rid of him and put Archibald there.  Even Muscat is doing a good job making Broxham a CB.

Redmayne - Give Velaphi a go.

Paartalu - Back to JD and his great 3 year signing of the slowest and weekest DM in the league.

Germano - Is he stilla t the club?

Kisnorbo - Too slow, and out of position so many times.  eg Wielaert back pass, two goals yesterday 

Miller - Why do we have this reject?

No we fucking don't. Look at Wellington's list if you want to see a terrible playing list, half of them are from the NZ semi-pro league.We have a list in the top 2-3 in the country.

Mate. Stop wasting your breath. Although what you are saying is 100% correct, people will always continue to blame our "rubbish" squad even if we swapped with Man City

Oh FFS.  I said JVS was the wrong man form the day he was re-signed.  I also said that Munn and JD needed to go. It wa sme who said you can't keep the same people and expect different results. Don't try to change people, change the people.

The point I'm trying to make about what happens after JVS is sacked is that the shit is deeper than that.

I don't follow State league any more but is the talent pool that shallow in Victoria?

but surely JVS had a say in the make up of the list?

The thing with such a fringe sport here, is the media arent onto him properly.

If this was AFL - he'd have mics stuck in his face, asking him the hard questions, asking the CEO the hard questions etc. 

We are just not at the point yet.

Media has turned this morning

Which will probably too late for finals because if its just started now the club will probably let him lose/draw against Brisbane and then lose to MV before they finally sack him.

When did City sack Hughes? 

I have a feeling City don't sack during the season. - But i hope it can start now.

The best thing about JVS being sacked is the end of the debate on here. Of course it won't really end. The new coach might also have some better players to work with and so that will be the reason he gets better results and so on... 

Its both mate.

The individual mistakes in front of goal that happened under JA and continue still are players mistakes.

The individual cock-ups in defence are players cock ups.

The tactics and motivation are JVS's fault.

The recruiting are JD's Mun's and JVS's fault.

Its all fucked right now.

• Like 1

Media has turned this morning

Which will probably too late for finals because if its just started now the club will probably let him lose/draw against Brisbane and then lose to MV before they finally sack him.

When did City sack Hughes? 

I have a feeling City don't sack during the season. - But i hope it can start now.

The Hughes scenario is not relevant... the guy had a good start to his last Season in charge at City as opposed to a shit one like JVS.

The Hughes scenario is not relevant... the guy had a good start to his last Season in charge at City as opposed to a shit one like JVS.

Mark Hughes was removed at almost this exact time 5 years ago. 

Maybe JVS can create a five year anniversary and join him in much the same way.

Its both mate.

The individual mistakes in front of goal that happened under JA and continue still are players mistakes.

This is exactly it for me.

I think JvS must go. Not just the results, but the actual performances are totally unacceptable. With the new ownership, there was always going to be increased scruitny and hence pressure on his job. He just has not been able to cope with that and the reluctance to try something different is something I'm at a loss to explain.

...but the players themselves must take some responsibility too. Allowing 5 goals past us twice in a few weeks is fukn woeful and points to their ability to handle the pressure on the ground.

The last thing I want to see is what happened last year - where we were absolutely fukd, changed coach then all of a sudden were world beaters until we finally lost again, when we then went back to fukd.

It's definitely both and I think the time to start these changes is now and they must be from the top.

Its both mate.

I think JvS must go. Not just the results, but the actual performances are totally unacceptable. With the new ownership, there was always going to be increased scruitny and hence pressure on his job. He just has not been able to cope with that and the reluctance to try something different is something I'm at a loss to explain.

...but the players themselves must take some responsibility too. Allowing 5 goals past us twice in a few weeks is fukn woeful and points to their ability to handle the pressure on the ground.

The last thing I want to see is what happened last year - where we were absolutely fukd, changed coach then all of a sudden were world beaters until we finally lost again, when we then went back to fukd.

It's definitely both and I think the time to start these changes is now and they must be from the top.

Starting to see a lot of that this year.

My guess is there is a group of players, or staff at the club that don't get along. People don't look happy at the moment. The only real option now is fast becoming clean out the top end management Munn, JD and JVS. Munts position is crucial, we really need someone that can set the strategy of this club in the correct direction. Every appointment goes from there. I'd really like a proven football administrator in this job. The rest flows from there. The fish does rot from the head and that head is all of JD, Munn and JVS.

• Like 1

I never really thought anything poorly of Munn as I didn't know too much about him. But it was his comments giving shit to Calombaris on social media way back when that signified he was a muppet and wasn't the right person for this club. Who does shit like that when your the CEO of a sporting club in one of the biggest leagues in the country.

• Like 1

Agree with the above, but JvS has never been one to handle pressure very well, you can tell this from his words and body language in the pressers.

The reality is the only times JvS has achieved results was when there was no expectation or pressure to succeed for example when taking over an under-performing side last season.  Then when there was some pressure to succeed, the brink of making an unlikely finals appearance, it reverts to normal programming.

There was always going to be pressure with the new ownership and the manager in such a position needs to be of strong character.  JvS hasn’t convinced me of this and you can see that his anxiety has rubbed off onto the players as they play with a lot of hesitation and fear.

I never really thought anything poorly of Munn as I didn't know too much about him. But it was his comments giving shit to Calombaris on social media way back when that signified he was a muppet and wasn't the right person for this club. Who does shit like that when your the CEO of a sporting club in one of the biggest leagues in the country.

I still dont know why this is such an issue with some people

There's only one calombaris

One calombaris

He's got massive tits, his food is the pits

and we're gonna smash his team to bits

• Like 3

I still dont know why this is such an issue with some people The issue with this- at least for me anyway is that it says a lot about the way he thinks. I would much rather him act more professionally and worry about fixing up the ridiculous mess that the club (Munn included) had made. But instead of addressing this he decides to involve himself in a petty twitter argument with a victory fan. Which considering were we were at the time made him look even stupider.

Very much echos the cancerous attitude within a lot of fans who deem to care more about Victory being shit than us actually being good.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

I still dont know why this is such an issue with some people

Because he represents the club, he is the face of you and I, he is the man that leads the players, the coaches, he represents the admin workers, the ball kids etc etc. I still don't understand why it isn't such an issue for people that even though we weren't even playing against Victory he had to troll one of their supporters. He might has well have logged onto their forum and started posting the same bullshit. He holds a HUGE responsibility and to show that much lack of professionalism is disgraceful and embarrassing. Our CEO tolling a victory member on social media.

• Like 1

And when the club that you run was stone motherless, about 10 points clear of the next worst team. Complete idiot and nothing short of an embarrassment.

The team is crap, the website is crap, the store is crap, the transparency of what exactly is going on at the club (unless it's something positive) is crap. And it's only been getting worse this season.

More than enough reason for him to start packing his bags, one would have thought. I can't think of one aspect of the club that makes me think 'Gee, they have really got that right...they're doing well in that department.' And the buck stops with the CEO.