Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

Unable to watch the game but heard bits and pieces of it on 774. Me thinks that JVS has lost the players and should fly straight back to pack his cases. Those of us who wanted to try more yoof, well we got our wishes. I don't know whether CFG have the ability to appoint someone who is well qualified at short notice but I certainly hope so. And whoever takes over will have to deal with a team that has a defensive backline that is not up to A-League standard. Also if the team does have salary cap issues then Munn and JD need to be shown the door immediately. How on earth is the club paying so much for poor quality players.

Unable to watch the game but heard bits and pieces of it on 774. Me thinks that JVS has lost the players and should fly straight back to pack his cases. Those of us who wanted to try more yoof, well we got our wishes. I don't know whether CFG have the ability to appoint someone who is well qualified at short notice but I certainly hope so. And whoever takes over will have to deal with a team that has a defensive backline that is not up to A-League standard. Also if the team does have salary cap issues then Munn and JD need to be shown the door immediately. How on earth is the club paying so much for poor quality players.

Pretty sure we're out of salary cap space.

The players know where we stand. They know that we need to be up at least 3-0 deep into the second half to have a chance of winning, with the back 5 we have. Not only do we regularly get overloaded at the back because Ramsay is often out of position, but each of the back 5 make regular errors that result in goals. JVS is unable to stop these problems and we haven't recruited any depth to put pressure on the back 5 apart from Connor Chapman. Not good enough, in fact worse than last season.

• Like 1

ok we are all great sideline watchers, but for crying out loud this is shite

I haven't played a competitive match in 25 years , the legs couldn't do it but the mind still thinks it can

I reckon a bunch of posters on here could push our "team " in a 20 minute match, which is about all our team is good for

FFS .. .i getting back in my cage

• Like 2

He has a 30% winning record in over 80 games at out club! How is he still here at all?!?!

fish rots from the head!

JVS is an utter fraud, but we have a bigger one at City/Heart.

Munn's been in charge of this shambles since day 1. The only things I've taken out of his tenure are a complete lack of transparency/sweeping any bad news under the rug (e.g. the 'real' story with players' injuries, the Villa debacle) and Twitter wars with celebrity chefs. JVS has to go, but I can't believe Munn still has a job at the club.

Edited by SF33

The official instagram account just posted a pic of him with the caption "JVS. Yes or no?"

So professionalism! Lol

melbournecity is official, melbournecityfc is not Haha. Oh right- official account of mcfc fans. With a link to the official page.

So the official unofficial account.

Edited by KSK_47

He has a 30% winning record in over 80 games at out club! How is he still here at all?!?!

fish rots from the head!

JVS is an utter fraud, but we have a bigger one at City/Heart.

Munn's been in charge of this shambles since day 1. The only things I've taken out of his tenure are a complete lack of transparency/sweeping any bad news under the rug (e.g. the 'real' story with players' injuries, the Villa debacle) and Twitter wars with celebrity chefs. JVS has to go, but I can't believe Munn still has a job at the club.

If one of them is still there come round 1 2015/16, I will then have real reservations about CFG and what they are standing for.

What a fucken disgrace.. I told everyone on here from day 1, the warning signs were there in pre-season against Sydney FC in the FFA cup and also against the CCM in lismore were we completely dominated and couldn't finish.

JVS needs to be sacked ASAP .. This club is going down like the TITANIC...

The players know where we stand. They know that we need to be up at least 3-0 deep into the second half to have a chance of winning, with the back 5 we have. Not only do we regularly get overloaded at the back because Ramsay is often out of position, but each of the back 5 make regular errors that result in goals. JVS is unable to stop these problems and we haven't recruited any depth to put pressure on the back 5 apart from Connor Chapman. Not good enough, in fact worse than last season.

As i've said on previous occasions, we unloaded most of a young back four in Gerhardt, Vrankovic & Walker at the end of last season and kept the Zimmerframe boys. Every coach knows speed up front against Heart =Goals.  What confidence does Archibald & Garuccio have now as a topic on Walker suggests he lost confidence.  I don't care who coaches just get speed in back line and get Duff of the wing and in the centre and a tem that works for each other. 

I agree we have a shit list.. So sacking the coach what will that achieve??

In football terms not much, but for the supporters it will signal that this poor start to a season, plus not being able to win at home, plus losing 5-2 in the Darby and 5-1 to Wellington is not acceptable.. Thus sending a strong message through the club...

The time is now...

To rebuild this team it will take time unless the CFG can terminate contacts at seasons end, not sure who contracts are expiring but I would assume some payout will occurs...

I think that you'll find that as it is a salary capped league you can't just terminate a contract as you'd have to pay it out and guess what? It's included in the salary cap.

This list will take 3 seasons to get right and that's if you get a manager capable of doing so and players who want to join the club.

Edited by The Cheshire Cat

In football terms not much, but for the supporters it will signal that this poor start to a season, plus not being able to win at home, plus losing 5-2 in the Darby and 5-1 to Wellington is not acceptable.. Thus sending a strong message through the club...

The time is now...

To rebuild this team it will take time unless the CFG can terminate contacts at seasons end, not sure who contracts are expiring but I would assume some payout will occurs...

From what I can see, the players whose contracts end in 2015 are as follows (this list may be a little wrong, but hopefully it's mostly accurate):

Wielaert

Ramsay

Murdocca

Duff

Germano

Retre

Velaphi

Dugandzic

Kisnorbo

Everyone else is a 2016 end, except Garuccio who is 2017 and Paartalu who is 2018, plus of course Liam Miller who is supposed to leave before the end of the year.

We have a terrible playing list.

No we fucking don't. Look at Wellington's list if you want to see a terrible playing list, half of them are from the NZ semi-pro league.

We have a list in the top 2-3 in the country.

Edited by Tesla

We have a terrible playing list.

No we fucking don't. Look at Wellington's list if you want to see a terrible playing list, half of them are from the NZ semi-pro league.We have a list in the top 2-3 in the country.

Mate. Stop wasting your breath. Although what you are saying is 100% correct, people will always continue to blame our "rubbish" squad even if we swapped with Man City

The time is now...

From what I can see, the players whose contracts end in 2015 are as follows (this list may be a little wrong, but hopefully it's mostly accurate):

Wielaert

Ramsay

Murdocca

Duff

Germano

Retre

Velaphi

Dugandzic

Kisnorbo

Everyone else is a 2016 end, except Garuccio who is 2017 and Paartalu who is 2018, plus of course Liam Miller who is supposed to leave before the end of the year.

Duff has already said he's only here for one year (this was before the season started, can't see him changing his mind now) because he doesn't want to have his family out here for more than a year. You'd have to say Germano would be going. Wielaert would also seem likely to go given he's on a visa spot, but who knows.

The time is now...

Wielaert

Ramsay

Murdocca

Duff

Germano

Retre

Velaphi

Dugandzic

Kisnorbo

I see no reason for any of them to be retained (duff the exception but as previously stated he is only herefor the year)

The time is now...

Wielaert

Ramsay

Murdocca

Duff

Germano

Retre

Velaphi

Dugandzic

Kisnorbo

Duff has already said he's only here for one year (this was before the season started, can't see him changing his mind now) because he doesn't want to have his family out here for more than a year. You'd have to say Germano would be going. Wielaert would also seem likely to go given he's on a visa spot, but who knows. In all seriousness all of them should be gone (the only exception I could foresee would be Duga and Duff, but he'll be pretty old). And surely we have the ability with CFGs experience to find creative ways to shift any other deadwood still in contract (Brown, Redmayne, Hoff ideally - it can be done - other clubs seem to manage moving on players they no longer require). The idea of too many changes creating no continuity is moot to me now. We have a bad culture, an average squad and a poor manager and hierarchy resulting in a shit club at present. The idea of there being "too many" changes just can't be correct. It's time for a TOTAL rebuild and start from the ground up to rectify this mess. We tolerate mediocrity far too readily and this can't last.

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 1