Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I'm thinking CFG are adopting the same approach that they did for Koren- sorry boys no extra cash to sack dudes you no longer like.

They can get rid of the assistants though because their contracts are up.

Now the irony of that is two fold. First they are saying "the buck stops with the assistants", which is a novel approach to say the least. Second both these guys came to City as highly rated assistants with very solid football reputations, yet now CFG punt them and keep the only bloke they haven't performed under.

But they did terminate Koren. Just not quick enough. 

This whole situation makes little sense to me. I can't see how JVS can be given another opportunity to rebuild on his re build.

I guess we'll just have to wait ans see how this turns out. 

21 minutes ago, Jovan said:

This whole situation makes little sense to me. I can't see how JVS can be given another opportunity to rebuild on his re build.

But they didn't replace Koren. The closest comparison is probably sacking JVS and getting Trani and Jolic to replace him, which clearly isn't going to happen now.

Anyway maybe @AntiScum is on the money. We'll see.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jovan said:

The only reason it took so long was beacuse the greedy little bastard wanted a full pay out of remaining monies owed but the club wanted to pay part of it. I dont know what they ended up settling on.

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

But they didn't replace Koren. The closest comparison is probably sacking JVS and getting Trani and Jolic to replace him, which clearly isn't going to happen now.

Anyway maybe @AntiScum is on the money. We'll see.

it`ll work itself out!!!!

3 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

The only reason it took so long was beacuse the greedy little bastard wanted a full pay out of remaining monies owed but the club wanted to pay part of it. I dont know what they ended up settling on.

it`ll work itself out!!!!

Reported to be a $400k payout. 

On 02/05/2016 at 9:55 AM, n i k o said:

image.png

JVS getting very philosophical this morning on Twitter. 

Surely that's not actually JVS but rather someone trolling?

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

Surely that's not actually JVS but rather someone trolling?

I'm happy for him to keep trolling if he keeps posting pics of his daughter...

Edited by Deviant
deviant being deviant
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, heart_fan10 said:

staying, with the new assistant to take over after next season

If true I hate the owners. They obviously don't give a shit about the club and just see it as a play thing with no rush to make it successful.

Edited by Alexxxandro

57 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

If true I hate the owners. They obviously don't give a shit about the club and just see it as a play thing with no rush to make it successful.

I'd take the 'assistant will replace JVS' rumours with a pinch of salt to be honest.

That kind of situation would be an absolute shit-storm waiting to happen and I don't see CFG thinking it's a viable option. If you want to get rid of JVS, do it now. If you want to stick with him, stick with him. Hiring an assistant to replace him just in case he's still shit seems pretty stupid to me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Embee said:

I'd take the 'assistant will replace JVS' rumours with a pinch of salt to be honest.

That kind of situation would be an absolute shit-storm waiting to happen and I don't see CFG thinking it's a viable option. If you want to get rid of JVS, do it now. If you want to stick with him, stick with him. Hiring an assistant to replace him just in case he's still shit seems pretty stupid to me.

Disagree. It puts more pressure on him not to repeat things such as sending a youth team on the field for an FFA cup-tie. The replacement of a coach for poor performance is always unpleasant, wherever the replacement comes from.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Disagree. It puts more pressure on him not to repeat things such as sending a youth team on the field for an FFA cup-tie. The replacement of a coach for poor performance is always unpleasant, wherever the replacement comes from.

Or it could lead to split loyalties within the playing group (from those who can read the writing on the wall) and amongst staff, creating a toxic atmosphere within the dressing room. Why listen or adhere to your managers instructions when the guy who might be your boss in 6 months, or sooner, is looking over his shoulder? Why accept that role if you're the assistant? You're basically working under a guy who you'd be hoping makes a fucking mess of it so you can step it and take his job. Of course it's unpleasant, but it doesn't need to be a drawn out unpleasantness which hangs over the whole of next season like a toxic cloud.

Sorry, don't understand how anyone can think it's a positive move, either replace him with someone you think can do the job or don't. This would be a toothless, pussy-footing move which would potentially fuck next season before we'd even started, what's the point?

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Embee said:

Or it could lead to split loyalties within the playing group (from those who can read the writing on the wall) and amongst staff, creating a toxic atmosphere within the dressing room. Why listen or adhere to your managers instructions when the guy who might be your boss in 6 months, or sooner, is looking over his shoulder? Why accept that role if you're the assistant? You're basically working under a guy who you'd be hoping makes a fucking mess of it so you can step it and take his job. Of course it's unpleasant, but it doesn't need to be a drawn out unpleasantness which hangs over the whole of next season like a toxic cloud.

Sorry, don't understand how anyone can think it's a positive move, either replace him with someone you think can do the job or don't. This would be a toothless, pussy-footing move which would potentially fuck next season before we'd even started, what's the point?

mick-malthouse.jpg

NIce of you to join us Mick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

It makes no sense at all. He is incapable of doing his job but they dont want to pay him out. So they keep him here and pay someone to come in to do his job while he sits around the clubhouse on full pay for a year?

Personally, I feel it's more likely due to prior relationship Txiki and JVS have via Cryuff. Bit of a hesitancy to pull the pull the trigger on him yet due to that connection (potentially exacerbated due to Cryuff's death) in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

It makes no sense at all. He is incapable of doing his job but they dont want to pay him out. So they keep him here and pay someone to come in to do his job while he sits around the clubhouse on full pay for a year?

Its a mentoring role. JVS gets to teach and mould the assistant so the club is in good hands for the next 6 years. 

• Like 1

Maybe they feel the team having the biggest turn around of players of any club in the league affected him greatly. Taking into consideration we were only a few wins off top spot perhaps they feel with a more settled team we will be strong enough to win the league.