Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

The player would still need to be paid in accordance with the contract. So if kalmar was on 150k a season, the npl club would need to pay approx 75k for him to finish the contract

To release a player under contract the player has to agree to the release, and has to agree to the terms offered; in most cases that would be at least the total amount that would otherwise have been paid to the player, and, as discussed on here previously, that amount would be included in salary cap calculations.

A player would not normally agree to a release without a pay-out unless he has another club to go to on an immediate basis.

The player would still need to be paid in accordance with the contract. So if kalmar was on 150k a season, the npl club would need to pay approx 75k for him to finish the contract

To release a player under contract the player has to agree to the release, and has to agree to the terms offered; in most cases that would be at least the total amount that would otherwise have been paid to the player, and, as discussed on here previously, that amount would be included in salary cap calculations.

A player would not normally agree to a release without a pay-out unless he has another club to go to on an immediate basis.

Bad way of explaining it : see above

Good way of explaining it : see below

Haha basically was trying to explain that kalmars contract would be pro rata'd out to the buying club.

Don't know if that frees up the full years wage for salary cap purposes tho...

Just seen a Twitter report that Javier Aguirre is likely to quit as the coach of the Japan National Team. If this is true he would be great replacement coach for us.

I heard he has already been signed by F.C. Incarcerated.

Their merch is awesome, in particular the orange jumpsuits

I heard he was going to be in the Spanish remake of Mean Machine.

City midfielder Massimo Murdocca revealed van’t Schip had changed his coaching style since the 5-1 humbling in Wellington on November 30.

“Most of the leadership comes from the coach and John van’t Schip has really picked up his act and stamped his authority in the last three weeks,’’ Murdocca told SEN.

“It always stems from the top and I believe he’s ­finally stepped up as a coach. We always respected him, but the respect has gone up a bit more.

“Sometimes you have to be real aggressive. It’s not in his nature, he’s a gentleman, a great person and to see that side of him come out in the last few weeks, it’s what the club needs right now. Maybe later on not so much when the club gets bigger and stronger.

“It’s that type of environment where he’s not going to accept anything less than that any more and it’s been a good reaction from him.

At http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-city-squad-set-for-mid-season-shake-up-with-nick-kalmar-first-to-move-on/story-e6frf4gl-1227161096393

City midfielder Massimo Murdocca revealed van’t Schip had changed his coaching style since the 5-1 humbling in Wellington on November 30.

“Most of the leadership comes from the coach and John van’t Schip has really picked up his act and stamped his authority in the last three weeks,’’ Murdocca told SEN.

“It always stems from the top and I believe he’s ­finally stepped up as a coach. We always respected him, but the respect has gone up a bit more.

“Sometimes you have to be real aggressive. It’s not in his nature, he’s a gentleman, a great person and to see that side of him come out in the last few weeks, it’s what the club needs right now. Maybe later on not so much when the club gets bigger and stronger.

“It’s that type of environment where he’s not going to accept anything less than that any more and it’s been a good reaction from him.

At http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-city-squad-set-for-mid-season-shake-up-with-nick-kalmar-first-to-move-on/story-e6frf4gl-1227161096393

"...he’s ­finally stepped up as a coach." Oh wow, it took him this long FFS...

He should've become more aggressive last season when we lost 6 in a row! Or at least in round 2 or after the derby drubbing FFS... How else do you expect to win the league?

• Like 1

I believe he's finally stepped up as a coach!

either JVS is gone, or Mass wont be playing much in the future if JVS stays

Edited by japiedog

:hkpalm:  :hkpalm: :hkpalm: :hkpalm: :hkpalm:   oh holy sh!t, finally worked it out have we  - just 4.5 years too late!

Some of our players astound me. Do they really only put in an effort if they have a sergeant-major type of coach yelling at them the whole time?

I agree, where is your own personal motivation to succeed????

Are you so pathetic that you must have a person whacking you with a stick to get anywhere ?

:hkpalm:  :hkpalm: :hkpalm: :hkpalm: :hkpalm:   oh holy sh!t, finally worked it out have we  - just 4.5 years too late!

JVS just confirms what Mass said.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/koren-finally-set-for-derby-debut-as-city-seek-to-end-victory-streak-20141219-12aht4.html

"He was no longer prepared to protect and mollycoddle players to help them build their confidence, he said.

"I told the players that we will look game by game. The time for giving players a lot of confidence didn't bring what we are looking for, so the approach is different. We look at who is training good, who is in form, who is giving us what we need to get results, so we will approach that every time in the new game coming up.

"It's normal in sport if the results are not going the way you think they should go, and other players deserve a chance. It doesn't mean that those are going to stay on every time. Now you have to earn the right to play, the expectations are higher, the results are important and for that the approach to playing is also different."

LOL JVS, "Now you have to earn the right to play". Can't imagine this kind of rubbish from Popa or Arnie.

JVS just confirms what Mass said.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/koren-finally-set-for-derby-debut-as-city-seek-to-end-victory-streak-20141219-12aht4.html

"He was no longer prepared to protect and mollycoddle players to help them build their confidence, he said.

"I told the players that we will look game by game. The time for giving players a lot of confidence didn't bring what we are looking for, so the approach is different. We look at who is training good, who is in form, who is giving us what we need to get results, so we will approach that every time in the new game coming up.

"It's normal in sport if the results are not going the way you think they should go, and other players deserve a chance. It doesn't mean that those are going to stay on every time. Now you have to earn the right to play, the expectations are higher, the results are important and for that the approach to playing is also different."

LOL JVS, "Now you have to earn the right to play". Can't imagine this kind of rubbish from Popa or Arnie.

You should always have to earn the right to play.

One bad game is acceptable.....but two, three, four etc isn't.

This is the problem that JVS has caused. He has been happy to select the same players who have failed him. Sounds to me he has been given notice!

"Now you have to earn the right to play".

And these comments from JVS get to the Heart of our problems from Day 1. He has allowed an air of complacency to set in where "if we win we win, if we lose we lose". His lack of killer instinct has infected the playing culture. Time to go.

Yup. And once again a bunch of people on an internet forum could see that not only was it not working, it was creating a toxic mentality at the club also. Yet somehow the Dutch master missed it.

I often wonder if when JVS goes back to Holland and is having private dinner parties with all his old buddies, he joking refers to this club as "the Penske file"

And these comments from JVS get to the Heart of our problems from Day 1. He has allowed an air of complacency to set in where "if we win we win, if we lose we lose". His lack of killer instinct has infected the playing culture. Time to go.

These comments say as much about the senior management at the club, and the players, as they do about van 't Schip. There just hasn't been accountability for performance right throughout the organization.

I really don't care that much about the rest of this season. I just want to see the building blocks for the future put in place by CFG as quickly as possible, whatever disruption it causes.

I've read and understood the comments about the "CFG way", but IMO the Melbourne City situation needs a quicker response than perhaps they originally thought.

• Like 1

Have to hand it to him, he has made changes in his management of the squad and style of play. Notice a lot less passes back to the keeper as well.

Very true

Kisnorbo worked the ball sideways and forward more than ever, not taking the lazy option of back pass to the keeper 9 out 10 times.

mass' interview this week shows that the guy is reactionary and it took till all but losing his job for him to change and adapt. 

That is not the sign of a good coach. Koren in, an actual target man after the break may save his season, but I cant see it going further unless something unbelievable happens.

One game does not make a season nor a coach. Specially with this club. If the changes in playing style are permanent and players really have to give their all to get a game; and thsi brings results then he can see out the season. Then he can be reviewed.

Really agree with this. We should all enjoy the warm inner high last night gave us, but I hope CFG has its eyes surely fixed on the future with a clinical dispassionate stare. We've all seen wins and "false dawns" multiple times with this club, but it's a long season and this alone will tell us the story.

A good start would be testing the league leaders this Friday and putting in a good display, followed by two very winnable away games to show we can take our "form" on the road. I think we'll have a much better picture of where we're really at before the Asian Cup break. The passion shown last night should be the baseline and not the exception. Will be fascinating to see if we can replicate it and start producing consistently. My scepticism levels are still high but more than happy for them to be reduced!!

And how frustrating is it to know we can play with that passion but rarely do!!! Does my head in..

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 2