Melbourne Football

Alternative to 'Happy Together'

jgulab15

Hey guys, wanna know how many people agree with me but I don't 'Happy Together' is working as a pre-match song. It is not intimidating, motivating or in any sense reflects our football team. In fact, I think its a little bit laughable. No hate, was thinking maybe replicate Manchester City and sing the 'city' version of Hey Jude. On the side, no I am not a Manchester City fan and I'm not just trying to turn Melbourne City into Manchester, I just think it is a better song and easier to sing which the whole crowd can get into.  

cheers guys, Go City!

Love SHT, at first I thought it was a bit lame but has grown on me massively. Have a look at Liverpool song "Never walk alone" or Manchester City "Blue Moon" or to a degree Port Adelaides "never tear us apart" hardly intimidating songs, they more to sing your allegiance to your side and to be motivational to your players as they warm up. Although I believe the New Found Glory version would work better for us as the song is a lot more up beat. But other than that love SHT and will be real pissed if they took it from us. 

Love SHT, at first I thought it was a bit lame but has grown on me massively. Have a look at Liverpool song "Never walk alone" or Manchester City "Blue Moon" or to a degree Port Adelaides "never tear us apart" hardly intimidating songs, they more to sing your allegiance to your side and to be motivational to your players as they warm up. Although I believe the New Found Glory version would work better for us as the song is a lot more up beat. But other than that love SHT and will be real pissed if they took it from us.

I'm the same. Didn't like it at first but now I think it's great. The fact that it seemed to evolve in to a chant (da da da da da.............SO HAPPY TOGETHER oi oi oi oi....... apologies if it was a planned thing that someone worked on!!) that is easy and gets people going is great and I am glad to be proved wrong. It craps all over victorys " Stand By Me" and I reckon if we belt out the chant version during their song we can ruin it for them.

• Like 1

I'm the same. Didn't like it at first but now I think it's great. The fact that it seemed to evolve in to a chant (da da da da da.............SO HAPPY TOGETHER oi oi oi oi....... apologies if it was a planned thing that someone worked on!!) that is easy and gets people going is great and I am glad to be proved wrong. It craps all over victorys " Stand By Me" and I reckon if we belt out the chant version during their song we can ruin it for them.

The chant was around before it became club song.

The chant was around before it became club song.

Thanks for the info. :up:  The fact that it came from the active area and became the song means that we should own it and get behind it. A lot of people don't like it because they are under the impression that the club chose it and not the fans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...