Melbourne Football

MCFC v NEW - Round 2.

mitchellmcleod

Prime time EPL is so nice over in Perth.

Is by far the worst part about moving over here. 3am kick offs are fucked. As an 18 year old who knew no better back then it was the only swaying factor in me voting against day lights savings the last time WA voted on it. Is better having Perth in that late Saturday time slot anyways because no one else can play in it and playing In Perth in the middle of summer at an earlier kick off time is a fucking stupid idea with the heat.

you'd think most places around Oz are bad for the mid day heat tho in the middle of summer so there is no real easy way around the heat.  

granted, Perth is a few degrees warmer than Melbourne or Sydney in mid summer so FFA trying to avoid the higher expectancy of days above 30 is fair enough, but still doesnt excuse so many games over the course of a season.

if anything, i would have thought sunday afternoons in Perth during October-November and late March-May would be a fair goer given the low 20 degree days.

Not sure if this is allowed to be said publicly or not but the club is expecting at least 15k and will make a decision on opening up the top level either today or tomorrow.

Exciting times.

I've got a couple of mates coming along who were gonna by tickets at the gate. They're not gonna be forced to buy Prem A or B if the bottom level is already sold out are they?

Not sure if this is allowed to be said publicly or not but the club is expecting at least 15k and will make a decision on opening up the top level either today or tomorrow.

Exciting times.

I've got a couple of mates coming along who were gonna by tickets at the gate. They're not gonna be forced to buy Prem A or B if the bottom level is already sold out are they?

If GA sells out then yes, they would be forced to purchase Premium B. IMO we need to get upward of 17k for that to happen so your prob safe, but better safe than sorry I think.

Spewing I'm missing the first home game.

Anyone know somewhere in Bali to watch a-league?

Adrenalin Sports Bar in Seminyak Square always show the games live.

Cool little place with heaps of TV's around the bar.

Edited by tomby
  • Like 1

here is an easy one. Bringing a mate but I have premium A membership. So basically want to try and get two seats together whether its premium b or a so how is this done? Tried to call club today and they said ring ticketek so I rang them and they couldnt do it over the phone...

Sunday, 19 October 2014

Melbourne City FC v Newcastle Jets

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 3:00 PM

Referee: Jarred Gillett

#MCYvNEW

Melbourne City FC Line-Up: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.David VILLA, 10.Robert KOREN, 11.Damien DUFF, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (gk), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 26.Marc MARINO, 27.Ross ARCHIBALD

***two to be omitted***

Ins: 10.Robert KOREN (promoted) 15.David WILLIAMS (promoted), 17.Jason HOFFMAN (returns from suspension)

Outs: 25.Jacob MELLING (not selected)

Unavailable: 4.Connor Chapman (glandular fever – ongoing), 13.Jonatan Germano (2-5 weeks), 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO (2-5 weeks), 21.Stefan Mauk (returning from Young Socceroos duty)

Edited by Red or Dead

Will there be anyone selling melburnians scarves at the imp or at the stadium Sunday? I was at the imp last weekend and didn't see anyone selling any scarves then!

scarves were being sold last week.. All you had to do was ask around. And yes scarves will be sold this weekend

Sunday, 19 October 2014

Melbourne City FC v Newcastle Jets

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 3:00 PM

Referee: Jarred Gillett

#MCYvNEW

Melbourne City FC Line-Up: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.David VILLA, 10.Robert KOREN, 11.Damien DUFF, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (gk), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 26.Marc MARINO, 27.Ross ARCHIBALD

***two to be omitted***

Ins: 10.Robert KOREN (promoted) 15.David WILLIAMS (promoted), 17.Jason HOFFMAN (returns from suspension)

Outs: 25.Jacob MELLING (not selected)

Unavailable: 4.Connor Chapman (glandular fever – ongoing), 13.Jonatan Germano (2-5 weeks), 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO (2-5 weeks), 21.Stefan Mauk (returning from Young Socceroos duty)

Those 3 ins are certain starting 11 players if fit, you would imagine. Likely Willo and Koren are in the squad 'just in case' and will fail their late fitness tests.

Then we will dominate 90 mins and come away with a gallant 1-0 loss.

Will there be anyone selling melburnians scarves at the imp or at the stadium Sunday? I was at the imp last weekend and didn't see anyone selling any scarves then!

scarves were being sold last week.. All you had to do was ask around. And yes scarves will be sold this weekend

got one last week in Sydney, These scarfs are top notch

Based on last week:

Redmayne

Hoffman   -   Wieleart   -   Kisnorbo   -   Ramsay

Paartalu

A. Mooy       -       Murdocca

D. Duff                -              David Villa

Dugandzic

Bench: Velaphi, Archibald, Koren, Brown, Williams

Omitted: Retre, Marino (or Koren & Williams).

scarves were being sold last week.. All you had to do was ask around. And yes scarves will be sold this weekend Oh didn't realize I saw a few people wearing them but didn't see anyone selling them! Will definitely get one sunday they look great!

...and Germano's injury stretches out to "2-5 weeks"...

next week ....... "5-7 weeks"

I like Germano, but possibly he can be put on a long term injury list? It is a waste of a foreign spot and effectively we are only using three foreign spots out of 5.

I suppose we won't have to get used to only having 3+1 foreign players when the new rule comes...especially if Germano gets his PR and won't take up a spot next season anyway.  ;)

...and Germano's injury stretches out to "2-5 weeks"...

next week ....... "5-7 weeks"

I like Germano, but possibly he can be put on a long term injury list? It is a waste of a foreign spot and effectively we are only using three foreign spots out of 5.

I suppose we won't have to get used to only having 3+1 foreign players when the new rule comes...especially if Germano gets his PR and won't take up a spot next season anyway.  ;)

I'm hoping he won't take up a visa spot next year because we will have stopped paying the cunt to sit on the sidelines for 80% of the year.

• Like 1

here is an easy one. Bringing a mate but I have premium A membership. So basically want to try and get two seats together whether its premium b or a so how is this done? Tried to call club today and they said ring ticketek so I rang them and they couldnt do it over the phone...

I have this problem too, unless MrsJW doesn't want to go to a particular match and then someone else can use her seat. What has to be done, somehow, is that you  notify "someone" that you will not be using your reserved seat, and then ask for two other seats together as you suggest, paying only for the extra one of course. Your reserved seat, the one that goes with your membership, can then be sold to another person.

This would be simple if it was a single entity that was handling tickets - either the club, or Ticketek. But it does get complicated when two entities are involved. It's the club that has the list of members, and it's Ticketek that sells tickets. For Ticketek to do it over the phone they would have to have a full up-to-date list of City members and some verification procedure for you to prove who you say you are (e.g. date of birth or whatever). I doubt even the club would  have an up-to-date list on the day of the match, because memberships are handled by Sportsubs.

I was reading recently that one or two EPL clubs have introduced a system whereby season-ticket holders who are not going to a particular match can notify the club and the seats can then be resold. But in those cases it's the clubs who are handling ticket sales.

It would be quite expensive if City took over the selling of tickets. In any case, IIRC FFA has a contract with Ticketek.

Basically, having a reserved seat is great in every respect except most of us get wet when it rains or when you want to bring a newbie along to a particular match.

Pumped for Sunday, seriously can not wait (after reading forum for few weeks game got me so excited I decided to join)

Team I'd like to see

Redmayne

Archibald - Kisnorbo - Wielaert - Ramsay

Mooy - Paartalu

Duff - Koren - Brown

Villa

Velaphi, Hoffman, Dugandzic, Murdocca and Williams

Archi holds spot shows Hoffman he isn't walk up start and that he has to displace Archi

Brown I thought was ok last week if his shot sneaks under bar we say he is a star. Mate needs to learn to take chances

Willo on bench to replace villa in second half

Expecting a victory, hopefully a clean sheet and a couple in the onion bag ourselves