Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

How good is this third kit from the first impression!

5 hours ago, IssySG said:

Probably the clearest and cleanest image of the new home kit we've seen.

While I don't like the new A League logo, I do love that it's gold on our kit as befitting the CHAMPIONS OF AUSTRALIA

241380561_10159093188422479_7724171031639599182_n.jpeg

So only the champions have the golden batch?

I actually really like all 3 kits - I was sceptical about the white sleeves at first but with the new golden A-League logo (which isn't even that bad lmao) it looks pretty mint.

The red sash third kit is glorious though and will be the first kit I've bought in the City era.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DukeVader said:

Third kit is absolute fire.. just pre ordered.. interesting in past seasons other teams get champions written on their badge after they win the league we just get a gold badge?

It would be interesting to see the "popularity rating" of the three kits. But I doubt the club would listen to the message.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It would be interesting to see the "popularity rating" of the three kits. But I doubt the club would listen to the message.

The impression I'm getting is that the third kit is wildly popular, and lots of people who might otherwise not bother with kits are ordering. Props to the club also for pricing the shirts more modestly than previous years. $99 for members is better than the $120+ that has previously been typical.

23 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Just had the club survey. Interesting that they ask what we think about each kit, and our intention to buy each. So they'll soon have data about whether the third kit is as popular as we think.

Saw that too, will probably be the first time they have this kind of data that isn’t based on sales or anecdotal evidence.

Hopefully it can be used to push for red and white as our away kit in future years.

23 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Just had the club survey. Interesting that they ask what we think about each kit, and our intention to buy each. So they'll soon have data about whether the third kit is as popular as we think.

@fensaddlerIs this a survey by selected email, or is there a URL? I don't seem to have received anything.

• 7 months later...

Centre-aligned badge & puma is a little weird for me.

The red and white on the neck and cuffs however, perfection.

Haven't liked a home kit since we became city, but would definitely buy this one if it were to be our jersey next season.

Edited by bellydrum

16 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

Centre-aligned badge & puma is a little weird for me.

The red and white on the neck and cuffs however, perfection.

Haven't liked a home kit since we became city, but would definitely buy this one.

IMO it's a Manchester City kit going by the badge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, fensaddler said:

It all seems remarkably quiet at City towers. Signings, kits... Dog days of winter I guess...

Interesting that you mention this, on the day that there is (IMO) a storm in a teacup about the use of photographs featuring a visiting footballer (who I didn't recognise because I have no interest in these "pre-season tours") and an AFL ball. (FFS, haven't we got more important things to think about than that?). It got me thinking about how little we do to promote our club and football these days. I recall kit launches with players on trams, street soccer in the Bourke Street Mall, bus shelter advertisements featuring Tim Cahill, and other such PR. We get almost nothing from inside the club these days and it's really no wonder that interest is waning. I know that COVID has had a marked impact on us all - my life outside the confines of my home has almost disappeared - but I don't see the promotion of the game as I used to. Am I imagining this or is it real?

• Like 3