Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

• 1 month later...
On 28/06/2021 at 10:00 AM, jw1739 said:

Got carried away with the credit card last night and pre-ordered two Championship scarves for next season!

Received these this morning. OK. Don't much like the navy blue trimmings instead of white, but the red on one side makes it acceptable overall. Still prefer the "club scarf" though.

• 1 month later...

The grey looks utterly pointless to me. IMO our kits should say something about the club that we are and our heritage. I can stomach the baby blue only because it's a fact that we are a CFG club, but our away kit should reflect our heritage. This wishy-washy away kit reflects others I've seen - it's just a gimmick or fad that reflects what's in the designers' brains these days - pretty much nothing.

To precis the above: shit.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The grey looks utterly pointless to me. IMO our kits should say something about the club that we are and our heritage. I can stomach the baby blue only because it's a fact that we are a CFG club, but our away kit should reflect our heritage. This wishy-washy away kit reflects others I've seen - it's just a gimmick or fad that reflects what's in the designers' brains these days - pretty much nothing.

Yes, broadly my view. I won't be parting with money for either of these. Waiting for the third, but pretty pointless because we won't ever play in it. Club appear to be tone deaf on this issue.

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

That’s what our third kit is for now I believe, something with red.

11 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Yes, broadly my view. I won't be parting with money for either of these. Waiting for the third, but pretty pointless because we won't ever play in it. Club appear to be tone deaf on this issue.

We did play some games in the third kit last season I believe? Probably 50/50 with 2nd kit.

17 minutes ago, neio said:

20210921_130547.jpg

20210921_130609.jpg

What’s with the bird poo, on the chest? Is that AAMI park heritage?

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The away kit looks bad in the photo imo, but could be one that looks good in person.

In response to the heritage part, whilst it looks to be a different tone of grey, Heart did release fan designed charcoal kits, so it could be argued that there is a link to our heritage.

2 minutes ago, malloy said:

The away kit looks bad in the photo imo, but could be one that looks good in person.

In response to the heritage part, whilst it looks to be a different tone of grey, Heart did release fan designed charcoal kits, so it could be argued that there is a link to our heritage.

Long bow!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, malloy said:

Lots of heritage... its a nod to all the empty green seats we play in front of...

@jw1739, I think you owe the club an apology 🤣

Nah, they didn't even match our heritage seats.

Actually the background (deeper) colour just about qualifies for "racing green" but to me the jersey just looks a poor version of that.

29 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Nah, they didn't even match our heritage seats.

Actually the background (deeper) colour just about qualifies for "racing green" but to me the jersey just looks a poor version of that.

you can see the badge is another shade of green again, which might be more like the background colour. but colour accuracy of greens in digital photography can be weird sometimes, especially if you're not using a colourchecker