Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

• 2 weeks later...

Where the hell is our merchandise being sold? There is this dodgy factory place in Resevoir selling cheap Asian imported clothes and l found MV (old) tops there. Went to the DFO in bundoora today and saw the tops in the Adidas store for $70 with 30% off along with the Sydney FC jerseys. The Nike store next door had WSW tops for $50 with 30% off (no wonder every single WSW supporter has one). But where are ours?? Missed opportunity and missed publicity.

Until we resolve the issue with our official colour, I don't think the merch department has much to go with othert 

1018_599fbc32-52db-410f-9384-7e4b64636aa

new hoodies 

A-League Merchandise. Not Melbourne City's.

All proceeds do not go to our club.  

I wouldn't touch it.

Where does it go to then? FFA?

So they won't allow us to wear the sky blue, I know Shitney is the one making the fuss but they can overrule them,  but happy to sell merch to us in this colour? 

Until we resolve the issue with our official colour, I don't think the merch department has much to go with othert 

1018_599fbc32-52db-410f-9384-7e4b64636aa

new hoodies

The merch profit goes to the club but the FFA gets a cut because its a 'licensed' a league product.

A-League Merchandise. Not Melbourne City's.

All proceeds do not go to our club.  

I wouldn't touch it.

Where does it go to then? FFA?

So they won't allow us to wear the sky blue, I know Shitney is the one making the fuss but they can overrule them,  but happy to sell merch to us in this colour?

You'll notice that anything with Nike, we get all proceeds.

Anything that's not, or bought from the a-league site, example: the light blue and white thunder patterned scarf, we only get a margin of it.

probably explains why we are no longer on the a league site

Edited by Dylan

You don't seriously care where the proceeds go?

We are owned by some of the richest people on the planet. I don't think they need your spare change.

Buy what you like.

Yeh I do, however rich the owner may be is besides the point.

Agree. If I have a choice, I would rather hand my money over to rich people I don't despise (yet) over rich people I already despise!

Edited by Pete Heartspur

You don't seriously care where the proceeds go?

We are owned by some of the richest people on the planet. I don't think they need your spare change.

Buy what you like.

Exactly this. I'd almost rather a percentage goes to the FFA. Not that even remotely care anymore.

In the heart days though I'd be pushing for people to only buy club merchandise directly from the club. But we're a completely different beast now so go buy your A-League City gear from your local Rebel sports to support the game in Australia and your local economy.

Hell, if someone was embracing the color change and wanted to wear a scarf to games I wouldn't begrudge anyone that bought and wore something generic like this:

$T2eC16RHJGUFFhzgKlJeBS(p45pg-Q~~60_3.JP

Is much more stylish than anything we've got to offer and you could club it up by sticking a couple lapel pins or player badges on it if you were into that sort of thing. It really doesn't matter anymore. All up to CFG to get people excited and generate income, not us.

Edited by Jimmy

Is much more stylish than anything we've got to offer and you could club it up by sticking a couple lapel pins or player badges on it if you were into that sort of thing. It really doesn't matter anymore. All up to CFG to get people excited and generate income, not us.

You and your lapel pins! I feel sorry for whoever is CEO the year they remove them from jimmy's membership pack.

• Like 1

You and your lapel pins! I feel sorry for whoever is CEO the year they remove them from jimmy's membership pack. I'd never risk my lapel pins by sticking them on a scarf and bringing them to a game though. They'll forever live in my desk draw.

Plus I can confirm that today I was told by the club that the membership lapel pin will be returning in Season 2015-16. Get excited guys.

• Like 2

You and your lapel pins! I feel sorry for whoever is CEO the year they remove them from jimmy's membership pack.I'd never risk my lapel pins by sticking them on a scarf and bringing them to a game though. They'll forever live in my desk draw.

Plus I can confirm that today I was told by the club that the membership lapel pin will be returning in Season 2015-16. Get excited guys. Can confirm that I lost all four of my heart pins off my Yside scarf after the great hoff scored to put us in front against WSW last season.

Where was jimmy's pearls of wisdom when I needed them.

Cunt.

• Like 2

Wanna buy some merch for nephew but needs to try it on first. Does that mean l have to wait 50 months for this league to start to get any access to MCFC merch? Meanwhile MV tops are in every shopping centre and DFO's.

I think it depends on the shop mate.

Have always seen City gear down my way in most Rebels

Suprised no one has mentioned anything about the new hoodie range that's coming in.

This is the adult version of the hoodie. If it's anything like last seasons hoodie, which it looks like it is, I won't be getting one. I'll keep hanging out for a Nike version.

j0AVJ89.jpg

Yep agree. I doubt whether those hoodies in bulk would cost more than $25 each (maybe even $10/$15) if that at all plus printing which would be dirt cheap. Then sell it to the people for $80 like as if it is Nike and make a 75% profit for what is a shit quality price of clothing. Yeah no thanks.

• Like 1

Wanna buy some merch for nephew but needs to try it on first. Does that mean l have to wait 50 months for this league to start to get any access to MCFC merch? Meanwhile MV tops are in every shopping centre and DFO's.

Do they have those Sky Blue polo tops?

Which ones?

They only really ever have the kits hats stuff like that

Dunno who the Melburnians used to supply the scarves but if they could pump out a few red & white hoodies I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes.

Fuck the sky blue.

I think it should be looked at. T-shirts and singlets at least i reckon. Would love a hoodie or singlet with the Kangaroo emblem we have. Would look mint!

No harm in the blokes sussing out how much it would cost, getting a deposit from people who are interested in it and getting them done.

Problem is that you'll get cunts complaining on the sizes n shit.

Edited by [LIBBA]

Which ones?

It's called the "Supporter Polo" on the merch store. I actually like it. The only sky blue merch l would buy so far.

Do they have those Sky Blue polo tops? Which ones?

It's called the "Supporter Polo" on the merch store. I actually like it. The only sky blue merch l would buy so far.

See the one bit or merch that i liked was actually the free t-shirts they were handing out at the imp for the Wellington final.

Got 2 of em and love it