Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

WSW had the same issue in their first season. It seems like Nike are real cunts to clients in their first year of a contract 

It sorta defies logic really doesn't it.  From personal experience, in business you usually get good service from a supplier for the first 12 months of a contract, and then it all goes to shit for the next 2 or 3 years, until about 6 months before the contract renewal is due and service miraculously improves again.

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure that makes sense anyway.

Yes, we're a new client, but we're part of CFG (an existing client), and surely Nike would prefer to keep them relatively happy seeing they've got business with Man City and may also receive some from Yokohama and NYCFC if the MLS pursue individual kit deals after the Adidas contract expires.

Edited by King Malta

Yes, we're a new client, but we're part of CFG (an existing client), and surely Nike would prefer to keep them relatively happy seeing they've got business with the Man City and may also receive some from Yokohama and NYCFC if the MLS pursue individual kit deals after the Adidas contract expires.

They probably dont care who we are owned by since we are probably a tiny sales amount. They made qpr, a premier league club mind you, chose a design from a book and not allowing them to have a custom one in the first year which says it all really

Yes, we're a new client, but we're part of CFG (an existing client), and surely Nike would prefer to keep them relatively happy seeing they've got business with the Man City and may also receive some from Yokohama and NYCFC if the MLS pursue individual kit deals after the Adidas contract expires.

They probably dont care who we are owned by since we are probably a tiny sales amount. They made qpr, a premier league club mind you, chose a design from a book and not allowing them to have a custom one in the first year which says it all really

What happens if they sufficiently piss off CFG and they then take all their business to a competitor? We ourselves may be a tiny sales amount, but the group itself is surely worth a fair bit of cash to Nike.

I just don't think it makes sense for them to drag their feet this badly for no other reason than this club itself is a new client (yet part of an old client when you take into account the ownership).

We're not talking about them making us pick a simple design from a book either, we're talking about little to no merch (including an away kit or restock of the home kit) possibly until January, if even that. Where's the benefit in that?

Edited by King Malta

With all the nike gear from Man City  (which only has the word City on it - and no logo), why can't we have this gear available for us to purchase?

You mean something like this?

It actually does have the Man City emblem on one of the sleeves which sucks otherwise i would of bought it

post-484-0-26737200-1416443387_thumb.jpg

post-484-0-87457500-1416443332_thumb.jpg

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if the problem exist with our people at Melbourne City or is the issue with Nike?

Was the club reluctant to fork out money for special production runs or is Nike too busy to give a shit with some little club in Australia with 10K members, regardless that its owned by CFG?

This is beyond a joke for a supposedly "professional" outfit and no doubt alot of new members, and old that are parents, are severely pissed off they they can't buy little Johnny his Melbourne City home shirt for Christmas....

Does anyone know if the problem exist with our people at Melbourne City or is the issue with Nike?

Was the club reluctant to fork out money for special production runs or is Nike too busy to give a shit with some little club in Australia with 10K members, regardless that its owned by CFG?

This is beyond a joke for a supposedly "professional" outfit and no doubt alot of new members, and old that are parents, are severely pissed off they they can't buy little Johnny his Melbourne City home shirt for Christmas....

Well im an old memebr this is severely pissed off they I can't buy little man Jaxon his Melbourne City home shirt for Christmas.

Had enough of the club ignoring the fact that Melb City supporters may actually have kids or infants and not have kits available for them period.

Decided to go it alone and get my little one a kit made from overseas. Seen the design and it will look mint.

Well im an old memebr this is severely pissed off they I can't buy little man Jaxon his Melbourne City home shirt for Christmas.

Had enough of the club ignoring the fact that Melb City supporters may actually have kids or infants and not have kits available for them period.

Decided to go it alone and get my little one a kit made from overseas. Seen the design and it will look mint.

Definite business opportunity for someone who can sell shady merch pre game at the imp.

Definite business opportunity for someone who can sell shady merch pre game at the imp.

I can actually picture raccyd sitting in the corner trying to flog off fake merch.

• Like 1

With all the nike gear from Man City  (which only has the word City on it - and no logo), why can't we have this gear available for us to purchase?

You mean something like this?

It actually does have the Man City emblem on one of the sleeves which sucks otherwise i would of bought it

attachicon.gifnike-manchester-city-core-hoody-field-blue-4.jpg

surely they could just print a set without the man city logo on the sleeve.  It might even save them some money.

As its being made in China, they can just tell the guy stamping the logo on the sleeve to have an hour off.

It has a nike and the word city on it - so people in Aust will know its Melbourne city.

Well thats the end product. Just waiting on it to be shipped.

Now my 1 year old son will have a City kit as well.

post-484-0-22224900-1416779971_thumb.jpg

Edited by [LIBBA]

Where did you get it from?

Any links?

Edited by markn

Any links?

Agree, can you help with where you had this done, My 3 yr old girl wants one. Did it set you back much?

2 people near me tonight had the away kit, 1 of them said they got it from their work :(

2 people near me tonight had the away kit, 1 of them said they got it from their work :(

What this seasons away kit?

They would have to be some custom made/modified kits

Genuine kits just aren't on sale yet

Any links?

Mate im trying to private msg you but for some reason,  i cant do it

Mate im trying to private msg you but for some reason,  i cant do it

I tried to private message you too, but i don't seem to have the option.

Apparently this is what i need to do-------but i cant find the "messenger" button.

The personal messenger can be used to have private conversations with other members. To access it, select your username while logged in from the top corner of any page, and then press "Messenger".

Starting a new conversation

To start a new conversation, start by pressing the "Compose New" button. Enter the user's name into the "Recipient's Name" field. As you type, suggestions will appear below the box. When you see the member you are looking for, click on their name.

You may also be able to add other recipients into the "Other Recipients" box. If so, the next option allows you to specify how the messages will be sent to alternate recipients: "Invitation" allows all invited members to participate in a single conversation, while "Copy" will send a separate conversation to each member.

You should then type a message subject and the message body, just like you would for a new topic in the forums.

When you are done, you can press Send Message or Save (Send Later) to save the message for later.

Edited by markn

Markn, I'm a moderator and as far as I can see you are still banned, and that is why personal messaging is not available to you.

If you wish to have the ban removed I think I will have to ask Tesla to do it.

Cadete banned me 2 years ago because i mis-spelt Tadic as Tardic.

I think he was on an ego trip that day.

So how do i fix it if i can't direct message anyone?

• Like 2

Markn, I'm a moderator and as far as I can see you are still banned, and that is why personal messaging is not available to you.

If you wish to have the ban removed I think I will have to ask Tesla to do it.

Cadete banned me 2 years ago because i mis-spelt Tadic as Tardic.

I think he was on an ego trip that day.

So how do i fix it if i can't direct message anyone?

Maybe stop insulting or taking stabs at the moderators will be a good start! Lol

• Like 1

its on hold until next year when the heart is banished forever. Then the real fun begins

I am fuckin burning right now.

Even those fucking cunts in NYCFC, who apparently we have to represent on our home kit with that fucking Navy blue strip, have merchandise. Oh and they don't just have cheap looking pieces of shit either. They have some fuckin offical Adidas merch.this is a club that hasnt even played a fucking game FFS!!

They wanna release fuck all merch. Ok no problem. Im just gonna put my City kit in the waredrobe and bring out the fuckin Heart gear.

CFG can go fuck themselves

To be fair, The NYC stuff is the stock standard MLS Adidas range that every club has.

CFG has given us the Stock standard A-league range (Scarf, Hoodie, Shirt and Polo) that every club has, It's just amateur when compared to the MLS Adidas range.

The extras we have received have been shocking.

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 1

To be fair, The NYC stuff is the stock standard MLS Adidas range that every club has.

CFG has given us the Stock standard A-league range (Scarf, Hoodie, Shirt and Polo) that every club has, It's just amateur when compared to the MLS Adidas range.

The extras we have received have been shocking.

Totally. Tho I think the Stock standard A-league range is due to A-League's agreement with the supplier to supplier all merch for all team to the public, something I think the club, hence CFG, has no control of. So you get this

generic and boring looking merch which the supplier has simply cut and paste our logo to their template design. My suggestion is to stop buying these stock standard merch. Save your money and wait till better merch from the club come out, if you can wait that is.

I got a feeling FFA is reluctant to relinquish this control for one simple reason, to generate cash for them. So CFG may have a battle on their hands to have greater control not just the merch aspect but on a number of other things, hence the Chairmen meeting in Dubai.

It is just unfortunate that the sky blue colour has not been accepted by FFA, which I think has the flow on effect on the merch as well.

So, I for one, expects that better merch will come out once the colour issue has been resolved. and FWIW, I am hoping that it will be red, white and blue!