Melbourne Football

Why no fight for the Heart?

Benched

I have a question.

Why was there not an uprising or more concerted effort to keep the name Heart? Or at least to keep it integral with marketing? Possibly a branding campaign of 'City is the Heart of the City' or similar.

I do hope you guys have plans to hold on to your history. Yes, you may be Melbourne City right now, however you will never not be Melbourne Heart.

And a disclaimer....I'm a Western Sydney supporter. However, I support all our clubs when required, especially when it comes to protecting your identity.

Edited by Benched

I have a question.

Why was there not an uprising or more concerted effort to keep the name Heart? Or at least to keep it integral with marketing? Possibly a branding campaign of 'City is the Heart of the City' or similar.

I do hope you guys have plans to hold on to your history. Yes, you may be Melbourne City right now, however you will never not be Melbourne Heart.

And a disclaimer....I'm a Western Sydney supporter. However, I support all our clubs when required, especially when it comes to protecting your identity.

Just for the sake of a formal reply, you can go and read the thousands of posts in multiple threads to get a history on it, you might note the thousands of dollars raised by Heart fans for the #KeepThe RedAnd White campaign, however if all you've done is watch FoxSports you wouldn't have noticed anything as Heart was not a Sydney team and more particularly not WSW so its fans and what they believe just aren't on the Sydney-centric media agenda.

The greater problem as WSW fans will one day discover is that the HAL operates franchises not clubs and we are customers not members. Ultimately what we think is irrelevant despite the lip service.

• Like 2

Soccer is a great game

How dare you bring your controversial and shit opinions onto this forum, get out.

fuck off cunt, I have my freedom to say what I want

But it's not even relevant, like fuck mate sort it out.

no fuck you, Richmond station tomorrow at 6:57pm and i'll sort you out

You do realise that is the Stasi Boys patch? :hmm:

Soccer is a great game

How dare you bring your controversial and shit opinions onto this forum, get out.

then i'll sort them out as well

Soccer is a great game

then i'll sort them out as well

me too

I have a question.

Just for the sake of a formal reply, you can go and read the thousands of posts in multiple threads to get a history on it, you might note the thousands of dollars raised by Heart fans for the #KeepThe RedAnd White campaign, however if all you've done is watch FoxSports you wouldn't have noticed anything as Heart was not a Sydney team and more particularly not WSW so its fans and what they believe just aren't on the Sydney-centric media agenda.

The greater problem as WSW fans will one day discover is that the HAL operates franchises not clubs and we are customers not members. Ultimately what we think is irrelevant despite the lip service.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't watch/ have Foxtel. Yes, the Sydney media hasn't reported on any campaigns, and forgive my laziness for not trawling through your forum to find the relevant info.

The offseason is literally the offseason for me to. Zero football news, either online or through traditional media.