Melbourne Football

New Walk Out Song

hakz7

wasn't wake up last years walk song?

Yep

Might just be me, but I reckon Wake Up is perfect for the job. I'm glad they seem to have kept it.

Always thought it had a lot of potential, if we hadn't been playing in front of a one sixth full stadium, back in the Heart days.

• 2 weeks later...

I met the MC he seems ok. i have high hopes he willl do a good job

Well, on Friday night he was every bit as bad as the "Cactus" from last season. Screaming into the microphone whilst the usual banal half-time "entertainment" was on.Not to mention that he called us a "cheer squad".
  • Like 1

I met the MC he seems ok. i have high hopes he willl do a good job

Well, on Friday night he was every bit as bad as the "Cactus" from last season. Screaming into the microphone whilst the usual banal half-time "entertainment" was on. Not to mention that he called us a "cheer squad".

Are you guys seriously telling me you don't realise it's just the same guy, now with hair?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The teams come out you feel really pumped then this starts playing.

I Respectfully disagee with anyone who can call this a football song.

Interested if anyone agrees.

Go City and Liverpool

thanks for posting this in three different threads though. Possibly post this again in TTIM and Unpopular Opinions if you have some free time

Go City and Liverpool

thanks for posting this in three different threads though. Possibly post this again in TTIM and Unpopular Opinions if you have some free time

I don't know what TTIM is but sorry for working you up.

Go CIty!!

Go City and Liverpool

Yep, scrap Blue Moon and You'll Never Walk Alone too... they just don't pump me up enough.

'All That She Wants' by Ace of Base would be significantly better.

• Like 1

Never really warmed to So Happy Together, but it does have potential, I suppose. It's a bit of a jumble before the game with both SHT and Wake Up. I'd rather they just stuck to one when they walk out for the first half and the other when they come out after half time.

I really like Wake Up, but looking from a global perspective, most of the walk out songs that I really like aren't the cliched pump up songs, but more the boppy Newcastle United vibe.

A walk out song has to also be suited to folks in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s etc ....  so a lot of the recent stuff is just a turn off.

One really inspirational song is Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You, though it might be rather too complex/difficult to sing along?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A walk out song has to also be suited to folks in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s etc ....  so a lot of the recent stuff is just a turn off.

And, whatever it is, there's no point in waiting until the teams have lined up facing the western wing before you play it.

And please could this season's microphone madman stop saying that "no goals" is "zero" when the correct expression is "nil."

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...