Melbourne Football

2020/21 W-League Season

Deluka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is just dire. Do the forwards know that they need to come to the ball to receive it? We can't relieve pressure if Brisbanes defenders win every single of our passes forward because we're standing flat footed waiting for the ball to come to us. 

I actually don't know why I'm still watching this, Micah should get everyones match payment today. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mus-28 said:

This is just dire. Do the forwards know that they need to come to the ball to receive it? We can't relieve pressure if Brisbanes defenders win every single of our passes forward because we're standing flat footed waiting for the ball to come to us. 

I actually don't know why I'm still watching this, Micah should get everyones match payment today. 

It’s very worrying to watch, Brisbane just the top team to beat?

I know we have some injuries and some players to come in but every player bar our goalkeeper is just far less in all aspects then their opponent. We literally can’t make two proper passes. 

Brisbane core midfield is just good, we are no match.

2 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

I'm surprised you bother. The W-League is grossly over-rated. 

31 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

I stopped (because I had other shit to do), but it was truly dire.

Whos our coach? What’s he (?) been doing?

Goalkeeper has had a blinder though.

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

Also, Teagan Micah continues to be far and away the only reason we haven't shipped double figures goals this year.

There is no potential or talent going forward at all.

Second half much better with Kira coming on.

Edited by Mr MO

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Aren't we now under new administration - Australian Professional Leagues? Let's see whether this really is something new or just deckchairs on the Titanic.

Maybe, my experience previously was it was particularly VicPol that wanted to treat all the active groups the same rather than selective punishment to the perpetrators so its quite possible they'll still try to enforce that view.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic
2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Maybe, my experience previously was it was particularly VicPol that wanted to treat all the active groups the same rather than selective punishment to the perpetrators so its quite possible they'll still try to enforce that view.

IMO it is the clubs that need to take swift action on this sort of thing. Not just a few comments from respective coaches etc., but a statement coming from the boards of the two clubs that the incident will be fully investigated and necessary actions taken. IMO this should have already happened. And actions should include clubs having points deducted if they cannot or do not address such issues appropriately.

At the moment the clubs are not seen as sufficiently accountable for the actions of people who attend their matches.

It's the nature of organisations such as VicPol to take a "one size fits all" approach because they don't have the resources to do otherwise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bt50 said:

That is the opposite of the basis on which Western democracies were founded.

John Adams has an excellent quote about it. Basically punishing the innocent just encourages everyone to break the law (might as well, going to cope it anyway).

Doesnt shock me that VicPol would think like this though.

(I would have thought even The Tards would want to do something about behaviour like this. )

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, malloy said:

#VidosicOut

It’s concerning this season, they really struggle to put 3 passes together and lack any idea going forward. It looks just like with the men’s team but on a larger scale that we haven’t really invested in quality players this season as we have done in previous years. The 4 to 5 key players they aren’t in form to lift the team.

Edited by Mr MO

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

TBH I sense a fair degree of tokenism in the whole W-League. The whole game is struggling in Australia since the advent of the pandemic. The youth league has gone, so is the W-League really worth persisting with?

For me it's not much down to the pandemic. More the recent rise of the European clubs, mainly UK actually investing in the game.

We had an opportunity 3 or 4 seasons ago to become a leading league, but now we probably wouldn't make it into the top 20.

Our team alone a few seasons back had full internationals in every position, but alas now that will be looked back upon as the golden years.

• Like 1

• jw1739 unpinned this topic