Melbourne Football

Melbourne City vs Adelaide United - Tuesday 16 September, Adelaide

Murfy1

Ok I think it's pretty clear that they are using this preseason to try and get better away game performances from the group.

Mind you we haven't won a game away get :up:

I notice Manchester play pretty much all their preseason away from home (maybe out Manchester freinds can clear this up) so I wonder if this has something to do with it? Maybe they think there is some kind of benefit in the long run

Ok I think it's pretty clear that they are using this preseason to try and get better away game performances from the group.

Mind you we haven't won a game away get :up:

I notice Manchester play pretty much all their preseason away from home (maybe out Manchester freinds can clear this up) so I wonder if this has something to do with it? Maybe they think there is some kind of benefit in the long run

Interesting point and very valid. It could (I don't doubt) be that they are more aware of the mental demons that linger from the past than a lot of us give them credit for. One would think especially now with the increased professionalism of how we do things that all aspects would be taken into consideration.

Confirmed:

Reds take on Melbourne City behind closed doors

15 September 2014

Adelaide United will continue it’s pre-season training with a closed trial match against Melbourne City at Coopers Stadium on Tuesday.

With a couple of key players being rested and others still on the injury list, the locked doors match will give the youngsters another opportunity to prove themselves while giving new signing Craig Goodwin more game time.

The squad also includes the return of Ben Warland, Awer Mabil and Paul Izzo who recently competed in the AFF U19 Youth Championship in Vietnam.

Unfortunately due to the operating costs of opening the stadium to the public, the match against Melbourne City will be closed.

To follow the match, tune into the Adelaide United Official Twitter Account and Facebook Page for updates.

Match Details
Closed Pre-Season Trial
Tuesday 16 September 2014
Adelaide United FC v Melbourne City
Coopers Stadium
Kick-Off: 3:00pm

Note: This match is a closed session.

Adelaide United FC Squad:
Eugene Galekovic, Nigel Boogaard, Dylan McGowan, Isaias, Sergio Cirio, Bruce Djite, Mark Ochieng, Dylan Smith, Ben Warland, Craig Goodwin, Awer Mabil, Jimmy Jeggo, Paul Izzo, Tarek Elrich, Nathan Konstandopoulos, Jordan Pudler, Ruon Tongyik, Rocco Visconte (trial)

Unavailable: Pablo Sánchez (rested), Marcelo Carrusca (rested), Bruce Kamau (rested), Cameron Watson (broken toe), Fabio Ferreira (ankle), Cassio (hamstring), Michael Marrone (broken leg), Osama Malik (calf strain), Jordan Elsey (broken arm), John Hall (knee)

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/article/reds-take-on-melbourne-city-behind-closed-doors/ii5y0o16odip1lf63hp49854c

Edited by Murfy1